• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'll be working during the game Thursday night. I always did hate this Thursday night crap. Are you guys going to be able to catch it?

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 24hours and I am fuckin excited like a fuckin bulldog in a doggiewhorehouse.

GO PACK GO!

Fuckin crush the saints and send those mutherbitches back to the bayou with their crawdaddies shoved way back up their whodatz!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Effin' Cardinals. What's up with Morgan and Carpenter again? I don't really remember and I was havin' a hard time hearing Uecker at work.

I like your intensity Johnny. I think we got the Saints. Something got broke last year, and I doubt they fixed it yet. Jermichael Finley...3 touchdowns.

I wonder how many snaps Alex Green will get. They really like him.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOOD LUCK in your opener tonight packers .. no pressure besides that the whole nation will be watcing .. lol... good luck fellas

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck? Pff. Luck's got nothin' to do with it. ;-)

Thanks Misk.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great offense.
Defense needs work.
Cobb - awesome!!!
Officiating - as bad as it ever gets.

Brewers still 7 1/2 game lead - can't have it all, I guess.
[I'll take the Packers win every time]

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY CRAP! I can't believe I worked through that game. Listened on the radio. It was actually pretty hilarious listening to them when Cobb returned that kick to the house. Sometimes I think Larabee is about to blow a fuse.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY CRAP! I can't believe I worked through that game. Listened on the radio. It was actually pretty hilarious listening to them when Cobb returned that kick to the house. Sometimes I think Larabee is about to blow a fuse.
Larabee can be a little much sometimes. When he started he sounded as excited for the opponents as he was for GB. He's gotten a bit better.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
packers offense looks smokin hot.

not too worried about the d. 1st week was bound to bring out some sloppy defense. they were still able to make critical stops. probably the biggest concern i have is the poor tackling. should be able to shore that up. plus, the saints are gonna score a ton of points this year.

special teams coverage as has been the case the last several years is poor. cobb's return notwithstanding, this is still the weak spot on the team. on sproles' return for the td, masthay bombed it, but outkicked the coverage. timing is not there.

finally, re: rodgers' presser...fuck the idiot blowhard talking heads (skip bayless), their constant excrement and their doublestandard hypocrisy of criticizing people but not being able to take it back when they're proven wrong. bunch of fuckers can't see sarcasm. it's bad enough when "journalists" are trying to be superstars, but when they take sports more seriously than the athletes, it's even more obnoxious. fuckin maroons.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice to see Jarius Wynn coming into his own, too Johnny. Especially since we're still waiting on Mike Neal. The offense....holy crap. Gonna have to look up whatever you're talking about with Rodgers and Skip Bayless. Cornfused.

tk, ya no kidding. I never really knew what was going on with Larabee. Thank God he's started to sort that out....

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip Bayless is a retard. I don't know, though, Rodgers did kind of take a shot at Sanchez for being in GQ, he actually goes on to kind of beat on the Hollywood crowd. But I actually just like Rodgers more for that....he finds the whole "famous" attitude annoying. He likes real people. Not sure you heard the interview, but all this takes place right away.

http://www.stationcaster.com/stations/wauk/media/mpeg/Hour_2_9_6_11_Homer-1315347896.mp3

But then later he admits Clay is kind of like that, but obviously doesn't judge him the same way.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no problem with rodgers' views on any of this, nor do i believe his comments in the presser "petty," "beneath him," "classless" or whatever other adjective people may want to use. as far as i know, rodgers has always had a bit of a snarky attitude, probably made a bit more snarky by all the slights he's had to endure over his career. people seem to have a problem that he has a chip on his shoulder (even though they seem to value this in other athletes). people who never realized this was there are the same people who think that he magically became a good player during last year's playoff run, they just haven't been paying attention.

i think it's great and i hope the chip grows bigger. michael jordan had probably the biggest "chip on shoulder" of any athlete i have ever seen, and he didn't do so badly.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did not like larabee when he first started, mostly since i remembered him as a chicago broadcaster. he's definitely grown on me over the years. i believe he also said some interesting things in the hbo documentary on lombardi. i also love listening when he guests on nfl radio.

he's a good dude.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I agree, Rodgers is and always has been snarky, but not really in an offensive way. He's got opinions. He's kind of a deep, thoughtful guy in a bullshit media circus, and you can tell that it aggravates him sometimes. He's a different guy, not a very typical football player at all. Closer to Steve Young but still even a lot different from him; quieter.

What he said about the Hollywood crowd was AWEsome. Harsh, but awesome. And I like that about him. Basically he's saying that he wants to talk to you and me like we're just three dudes working 2nd shift together, shootin' the shit on lunch break. He finds the way all the other famous people talk to be condescending as hell....

....and I bet you're right. Some of that probably did come from the Favre thing. A lot of it is just him.

Good for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucky - nice insight.

I kinda liked seeing the difference between him & Brees post-game.
Drew's wearing a suit & tie [don't get me wrong - it looked good], and Rodgers is pretty casual / normal [not in the sloppy / redneck way Favre had with the old t-shirt & worn out cap].
Rodgers comes across to me like an average guy, that you could probably find some common ground to talk about if you had the chance to talk to him.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rodgers is california-cool. laid back, snarky, down to earth, tongue in cheek (like spinal tap funny, not adam sandler funny), a genuine regular guy, not a made for tv regular guy.

people don't get him.

the media wants to put him in a box like they do with all other athletes and they just can't deal with the fact that he doesn't fit in their box.

i like rodgers because he doesn't like to play by their rules. he's honest but measured. he's smart. and like you guys said, he seems like the kind of guy you could sit at happy hour with and have a few (or 10) beers.