• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl LVII Talk

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, in this era of disinformation and stupid people who believe everything they see on Facebook, there are a lot of people who believe the Eagles are winning because of a fast-spreading conspiracy theory that games are scripted and Pro Football Reference let the cat out of the bag by mistakenly posting the game's stats early, which showed a 3-point Eagles win.

This appears to be having a significant impact on the betting, believe it or not--the 37-34 score in the conspiracy is now the one most people are betting on, and people are betting on all kinds of parlays based on the obviously fake "scripted" box score. It basically shows the Chiefs getting out to a 10-0 win, then Philly storming back.

We are clearly a nation of idiots.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Mahomes'd be ok. Ain't like he's had a chance to heel up for two weeks...
6 to 8 weeks for a High ankle sprain.

You would have to figure that ankle was as bad it was going to be by the end of the last game.
How much pure rest could he give it since then ...10 days? ...but then he has to practice and start
testing the limits of that foot.

I think he will be a bit better than the last game but far from 100% ...and 1 bad move on that foot
and he will be hobbling around.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would have to figure that ankle was as bad it was going to be by the end of the last game.
How much pure rest could he give it since then ...10 days? ...but then he has to practice and start

I think he will be a bit better than the last game but far from 100% ...and 1 bad move on that foot

I can't see it being worse, but yes, I think the issue to watch will be whether he tweaks it during the game and sets back his progress. I am sure Philly will be scheming to flush him from the pocket and KC will be scheming to have him protected in the pocket or to move the pocket predictably with their play designs.

It's funny, I have gone from being confident the Eagles likely would prevail, to now starting to have doubts, which is the opposite of what the line is doing.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see it being worse, but yes, I think the issue to watch will be whether he tweaks it during the game and sets back his progress. I am sure Philly will be scheming to flush him from the pocket and KC will be scheming to have him protected in the pocket or to move the pocket predictably with their play designs.

It's funny, I have gone from being confident the Eagles likely would prevail, to now starting to have doubts, which is the opposite of what the line is doing.
I honesty don't see this being a close game at all. The Philly pas rush alone with a hobbled Mahomes will be too much.
And the Dynamic offense of the Eagles will demoralize the Chiefs defense as the game goes on.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never said he'd be 100%. But considering he played through the Cincy game and came out ok for the most part I'll keep my confidence going into this one, especially since he's doing full practices ...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said he'd be 100%. But considering he played through the Cincy game and came out ok for the most part I'll keep my confidence going into this one, especially since he's doing full practices ...
The big difference is the Eagles pass rush vs the Bengals pass rush.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that’s not good

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honesty don't see this being a close game at all. The Philly pas rush alone with a hobbled Mahomes will be too much.
And the Dynamic offense of the Eagles will demoralize the Chiefs defense as the game goes on.
I have the Eagles winning by 10, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a close game. I hope it will be tho, nothing more boring than a blowout. But I agree with you as far as why they'll win. The most balanced team in the league facing the best offense, yet one that's hobbled by the QB's hobbling.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what? Some grade A hating right here.

It was a late hit. It was a penalty and the ref made the right call no matter how much most fans didn't want to see it end that way

But, the one thing I will say on the topic is that he throws his arms up like a soccer player afterwards. That's not a protective or "normal" reaction for someone who falls like that. It was a dramatic action done to draw a flag IMHO. Perhaps that is what the coach in question was saying when he used the term "flop" and it got misconstrued a little?