• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SUPER BOWL 46 GDT Patriots VS Giants @ Indy 2/5/'12

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, the Califfornia World Music Festival was incredible. I've seen Aerosmith 4 times; twice Tyler was too drunk to stand and twice the shows were amazing!...Did you go to DOG's a lot?

I went to several DoGs back in the day.

1. Eagles/Dobbie Brothers
2. Crosby Stills Nash and Young / Joe walsh
3. Fleetwood Mac/Foghat
4. Rod Stewart
5. The Eagles again
6. Johnny Winter

Probably some others that my drug-addled mind can't remember.

How 'bout you?

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, the Califfornia World Music Festival was incredible. I've seen Aerosmith 4 times; twice Tyler was too drunk to stand and twice the shows were amazing!...Did you go to DOG's a lot?

EAGLES -HOTEL CALIFORNIA TOUR 1977 -MIDNIGHT FLYER-TURN TO STONE - YouTube
Speaking of the Hotel California Tour, here is some of my favorite Eagles concert footage. Skip to the 4:31 mark (unless you wanna hear Midnight Flyer first) and listen to Walsh and Felder jam on Turn To Stone. It is incredible how talented these guys were.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I went to several DoGs back in the day.

1. Eagles/Dobbie Brothers
2. Crosby Stills Nash and Young / Joe walsh
3. Fleetwood Mac/Foghat
4. Rod Stewart
5. The Eagles again
6. Johnny Winter

Probably some others that my drug-addled mind can't remember.

How 'bout you?

LOL!!!...

...Oh good Lord, it seemed as though I spent my youth at DOG...

I went to a total of 14 DOG concerts from '77 to '83

Here is a link to a DOG fb page - it is worth a look. There are 100's of photo's and memories...ticket stubs showing that I paid ~$16 dollars to see Led Zeppelin - What a rip!!!. LOL!!!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001029103193#!/groups/37599002667/

Here is another link for a really shitty but interesting YouTube video of Aerosmith performing at the Cal Music Festival. It's weird to watch knowing I'm in the audience...

~Aerosmith~ Cal World Music Festival 4/8/79 - YouTube

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
EAGLES -HOTEL CALIFORNIA TOUR 1977 -MIDNIGHT FLYER-TURN TO STONE - YouTube
Speaking of the Hotel California Tour, here is some of my favorite Eagles concert footage. Skip to the 4:31 mark (unless you wanna hear Midnight Flyer first) and listen to Walsh and Felder jam on Turn To Stone. It is incredible how talented these guys were.

That is a very decent video!! Yeah, incredibly talented indeed!! The Eagles prepare for live concerts perhaps more exacting than any band I have ever known. I love the way they always play those false intro's. Back in my band days, we played Turn to Stone - One of my favorites to play - Awesome song!!!

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL!!!...

Here is a link to a DOG fb page - it is worth a look. There are 100's of photo's and memories...ticket stubs showing that I paid ~$16 dollars to see Led Zeppelin - What a rip!!!. LOL!!!

Here is another link for a really shitty but interesting YouTube video of Aerosmith performing at the Cal Music Festival. It's weird to watch knowing I'm in the audience...

I'll check those out. On the back of a Johnny Winter Live album there is a photo from behind the band out into the sea of fans at the DoG and I am about 10 people back right in front of The bass player, RJ Hobbs, but I can't make my picture out clearly. I can tell its me but its not clear.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is a very decent video!! Yeah, incredibly talented indeed!! The Eagles prepare for live concerts perhaps more exacting than any band I have ever known. I love the way they always play those false intro's. Back in my band days, we played Turn to Stone - One of my favorites to play - Awesome song!!!

I love that version of the song. I remember them playing that same version at New Mexico State University and when they finished that song, Frey points to Felder and Walsh and says to the audience "And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how its done". The crowd really dug it.

What instrument(s) do you play?

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL!!!...

Great fuckin photos! Especially the ones by that Mike Harka dude. He has tons of photos. I foergot about Thin Lizzy, what a great band. Those photos reminded me that I was also at the Peter Frampton, Lynyrd Skynrd and Heart concerts as well. Damn I still remmeber that photo of STevie Nicks all dressed in black.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So this is random, but David Baas proved to be worth every penny the Giants payed him (I think he became the highest paid C in the NFL). He did a great jorb against Wilfork, and Wilfork absolutely destroyed the Ravens' OL 2 weeks earlier.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
JW at night.jpg

Just got back from the super Bowl and i thought i would share a few photos.
This is the JW Marriott most of the media was staying.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Giants Marriott.jpg

This is where the NY Giants were staying. I watched Justin Tuck and Brandon Jacobs do a dance in the lobby on Wednesday Night as Kevin Gilbride stood two feet away.I said they look loose coach and they were. This is where the 49ers would have stayed and you could replace this picture of Eli with Alex.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Super Bowl Indy.jpg

{sorry about the size of these photos}

They had Indy cars for each team all around the city in about 30 different locations. I never found the 49er car.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Coffee and Boomer.jpg

I know it looks cheesy but I have to block out my face for business reasons and confidentiality agreements.

Boomer is a huge 49er fan and SF Giants.I really enjoyed talking to him about the 49ers.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Coffee and Rex.jpg

As tough as it is for us 49er fans, Rex reminded me that he had lost three straight AFC Championship games in a row. One as the DC for the Ravens and two straight with the Jets.
Interesting thing about the 49ers defense is that there are only 3 teams that run that type of 3/4. The Ravens, Jets and 49ers. Of the 3 the Jets were the worst ranked defense of the three at 5.
It will be interesting to see how Greg Manusky does running it with Pagnao in Indy.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Coffee a nd Coach.jpg

I told the coach that being back here as a 49er fan was like going to your ex girlfriends wedding.
He reminded me that he was staying at the same Marriott that the Giants were staying which would have been the 49ers hotel.
He did not stay for the Super bowl. I let him know how much we appreciated all that he has done.
Don't believe everything you read in the media either about the QB situation either.
This orginization is in great shape with Harbaugh.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Zip.jpg

One of the coolest things that they had at the NFL Experience was this Zip cord that the fans could take. It was awesome.
Indy did a great job as the host City and it would not surprise me to see them get another Super Bowl.
The only problem that they had was a lack of Hotel rooms in Indy but the city knocked it out of the park.