• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SUPER BOWL 46 GDT Patriots VS Giants @ Indy 2/5/'12

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sarcasm_detector.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get a chance to say this but yet...

That SB was a beautiful thing to see! Brady's safety may have been the difference between winning & losing (because the Giants would've had to get a TD instead of a FG on that last drive). He blew it! He got out-played by Flacco and by Eli.

It's a little harder when you don't know what the defensive play call is going to be isn't it Tommy Boy! :)

BTW: Ahmad Bradshaw almost got the award for STUPIDEST PLAY OF ALL TIME when he friggn sat backwards into the end zone. He is one lucky dude the Pats didn't catch that hail mary.

You could make the case that the safety was worth 9 points...

IDK, could've gone either way with the Bradshaw play... IIRC, the pats had at most 2 TOs(maybe 1 at that point), had Bradshaw kneed or stop at the one, it would've forced the pats to burn and burn TOs and its up to the giants to eat the clock and win the game via TD or FG...

If anything, the Pats(don't know if intended) should've let the giants score quickly to give them enough time since they were so close. Go the San Diego route.

Ahh... it feels good to talk about other team's wouldacouldashoulda's and dumb plays. Oh, how I missed that. It's no fun talking about Williams, quick whistles, and overthrown passes for our team. Some distraction, albeit temporarily, is what I needed. Keep it going!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
butterfly effect....

all started with KW muffing punts left and right

:)

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly!!! Thats what everyone was saying as well at the Super Bowl party I was at. Seems very odd.

They need to change the penalty for that foul at the end of games. It should go to 5 yards and all the time put back on the clock unless the offense declines it. That would stop that 12 men on the field nonsense

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a weird play, was everyone just doing stupid shit to try and make the highlight reel?

tumblr_lyyc0bIZYx1qza3n2o1_500.gif

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Speaking of 12 men on the field... The Pats didn't get the time back when the Giants had 12 men on the field with lke 17 seconds to go. I would've put 15 men on the field for that play! I wonder I that's the same penalty in terms of yardage.

That was only a 5 yard penalty right?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a weird play, was everyone just doing stupid shit to try and make the highlight reel?

tumblr_lyyc0bIZYx1qza3n2o1_500.gif

Some said he was trying to go down but that was a lame effort to do so (it would have been easier to fall sideways) but if it was to showboat, why not celebrate afterwards. He looked indifferent, like he had failed to stop. I remember thinking, yeah he should have stopped, but now that you're in, touchdown dance. I think he was trying to take time off the clock but not go down and realized it wasn't that great to score.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of 12 men on the field... The Pats didn't get the time back when the Giants had 12 men on the field with lke 17 seconds to go. I would've put 15 men on the field for that play! I wonder I that's the same penalty in terms of yardage.

Heck, 5 yards per extra player, 15 would be worth it if it meant stopping the big play. Maybe not, but time was crucial. I think if you accept the penalty time should be put back, if you decline then time should not, and if that's unfair, then don't put 12 men on the field!

Speaking of 12 men, I think it was the reason Alex got his 28 yard rushing TD against the Saints. 3rd and 2 would have been a Niner classic 1-7ard run and FG. With full time left. 3rd and 7 meant we had to to go for it (though field goal was still likely).

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Read the original post. That's what I was talking about.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think I have figured out why it would not be a good idea to use the 1500 men on the field strategy for the last play of the game - it would constitute a defensive penalty which would mean the offense, the Patriots in this case, would get to run another play. Thus, if that is correct, it makes perfect sense to put the 1500 men on the field for the next to last play but not the last play.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't like the result of that "12 men on the field" penalty against the defense with 19 seconds left. The penalty seemed counter-productive. If you can get rid of 10 seconds off the clock by cheating that is wrong. Why not put 15 guys on the field on the next play and give them another five yards and take another 6 or 7 seconds off the clocck. they are still at the 45 and then put 11 guys on the field again for the last two seconds.

Hahaha...I knew I had seen someone make this comment...I think I figured out why it wouldn't work on the last play of the game but on the next to last play it sure seems to make sense.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Read the original post. That's what I was talking about.

Ah yes, there it is.

Hahaha...I knew I had seen someone make this comment...I think I figured out why it wouldn't work on the last play of the game but on the next to last play it sure seems to make sense.

But the 2nd or 3rd last play of the game when they need a TD? Put 53 men on the field! Blitz 33 of 'em, and put 20 in coverage. :)

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For me the entire game and what it meant to me as a Niner fan was summed up by MIA's gesture in the halftime show.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So it seems the two outcomes from deciding to allow Bradshaw to score or not score are:

A) Scoring:......Allows Brady :57 & 1 timeout but forces him to have to score a TD.
B) Not Scoring: Allows Brady :17 & no timeouts but now he needs only a FG to win.

The only risk of allowing the score was giving Brady :57 & 1 timeout to score a TD. There was no risk on the scoring play because Belichick conceded the TD.

The two risks of downing the ball at the 1 would have been missing a 20 yard FG on 4th down and giving Brady :17 with no timeouts to get into FG range.

How good is Tom Brady - Neither option seems like a sure thing - Now I know how other teams felt when Montana had the ball with any time left on the clock at all.

If I had to choose I'm taking option B.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It basically cmoes down to the chances of missing what is essentially an extra point VS the chances of Brady driving 80 yards with 57 seconds and a time out.

Bradshaw's ass-first TD really was one of the stupidest plays I've ever seen in the post season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm thread jacking, but what are some Bands / groups you'd like to see play the SB? Some realistic ones; not like Tool or something out of left field that will get a "WTF" from the mainstream even if they're really great.

I wanna see Metallica do it; they might be mainstream enough by now.

One of the few modern artists I like, who is probably popular enough, is Adele. Reminds me of Amy Winehouse only sober (as far as I know).

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It basically comes down to the chances of missing what is essentially an extra point VS the chances of Brady driving 80 yards with 57 seconds and a time out.

Bradshaw's ass-first TD really was one of the stupidest plays I've ever seen in the post season.

I felt at the time that his selfishness seriously jeopardized the chance for his entire team to win a SB.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It seemed that Bradshaw thought he was gonna have to fight hard for yards and to find no resistance to him entering the end zone surprised the **** out of him as he rumbled right into the endzone and couldn't quite stop himself.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm thread jacking, but what are some Bands / groups you'd like to see play the SB? Some realistic ones; not like Tool or something out of left field that will get a "WTF" from the mainstream even if they're really great.

I wanna see Metallica do it; they might be mainstream enough by now.

One of the few modern artists I like, who is probably popular enough, is Adele. Reminds me of Amy Winehouse only sober (as far as I know).

The Eagles. But they already turned the NFL down. Too bad.