• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suns Dragic to Fakers

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times are you going to bring that up? :rollseyes: You act as if Dragic was traded or has signed with another team. As far as I'm concerned he's still on Phoenix and all the rumors are just that... rumors. Quit acting like you are some expert God for guessing 3 PG's wouldn't work long term, haha... pretty sure everyone knew one of the three would eventually be moved.

I was right about Bledsoe resigning long-term, wasn't I? :whistle:

So I guess you won't be bringing up the Suns' record with 3 PG's in the game anymore then?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have friends in their scouting department and personally know their VP... also had an internship with them a couple years back. I do have connections with the FO and they were convinced over the summer that Goran would return so I simply posted what I heard. I wasn't doing it to brag, trust me. haha

We'll see what happens I guess. I need to hit them up and talk Suns basketball with them again soon.

Btw, just noticed the "Suns of Anarchy" in your avi. Very cool. :thumb:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess you won't be bringing up the Suns' record with 3 PG's in the game anymore then?

It's still a pretty good record actually, lol. 7 games over .500 and 3 losses in that span came off buzzer beaters. They've had a combo of bad luck and an unbalanced roster. They are missing a big man that could rebound and play D, which will eventually be Len, but what most people are forgetting is that this team is young as hell still and rebuilding. If they were in the East they'd be headed to the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. Meh. Really hope top 16 teams make it starting next year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have friends in their scouting department and personally know their VP... also had an internship with them a couple years back. I do have connections with the FO and they were convinced over the summer that Goran would return so I simply posted what I heard. I wasn't doing it to brag, trust me. haha

We'll see what happens I guess. I need to hit them up and talk Suns basketball with them again soon.

Maybe you do:noidea:.

That was never really the crux of the debate.

The topic was having a under the table done deal.

Many of us told you then that there was no such thing that would actually matter once he hit free agency.

That's when you went on your " I know something you dont and that's just the way it is" spiel...which was ridiculous.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you do:noidea:.

That was never really the crux of the debate.

The topic was having a under the table done deal.

Many of us told you then that there was no such thing that would actually matter once he hit free agency.

That's when you went on your " I know something you dont and that's just the way it is" spiel...which was ridiculous.

Basically what I heard was that Thomas was signed strictly as an asset to add along with their rookies, picks, cap space and other young players in case a "disgruntled star" became available. Also as Bledsoe insurance.

Their priority was and still is to resign Goran and if they have to move Thomas to get it done they will. Not much has changed since then. But I already apologized for coming across as a dickhead because I do that from time to time. Not sure what else you want to hear.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree that if a team like Houston can clear cap space to sign him then he could be gone, but I just don't see how they'd be able to with Harden, Howard & Ariza's contracts on the books. The Suns could outbid every contender, and the teams that could match the Suns' offer would be teams that are much worse than Phoenix right now (NY, LAL, etc.)

It's hard to see him leaving to be the man on a crappy team if he gets a max deal from Phoenix... his brother is here, he has a house here and it's his home. I just don't think he leaves unless we piss him off or a great situation arises out of nowhere.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically what I heard was that Thomas was signed strictly as an asset to add along with their rookies, picks, cap space and other young players in case a "disgruntled star" became available. Also as Bledsoe insurance.

Their priority was and still is to resign Goran and if they have to move Thomas to get it done they will. Not much has changed since then. But I already apologized for coming across as a dickhead because I do that from time to time. Not sure what else you want to hear.

Ehh...you don't need to apologize. I'll cut it out.:suds:

So seriously....

What do you see as the likely outcome?

What do you think they can get for Thomas?

I get the Len is the Center of the future belief.

But, don't you think they need a guy now?

As currently constructed, do you see them finishing above 9th next year?

I hate Hibbert.

Don't like McGee and don't trust Enes Katner.

Who's a likely target?

Al Jefferson?

Like I said before, DeAndre Jordan can be had for the Max.

I honestly have my doubts that he will be a Clipper next year.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh...you don't need to apologize. I'll cut it out.:suds:

So seriously....

What do you see as the likely outcome?

What do you think they can get for Thomas?

I get the Len is the Center of the future belief.

But, don't you think they need a guy now?

As currently constructed, do you see them finishing above 9th next year?

I hate Hibbert.

Don't like McGee and don't trust Enes Katner.

Who's a likely target?

Al Jefferson?

Like I said before, DeAndre Jordan can be had for the Max.

I honestly have my doubts that he will be a Clipper next year.

No worries, Mecca!

Ryan McDonough (GM) already stated that he won't jeopardize the future for a desperate win-now move this year which I agree with because I think it's obvious that OKC will take over the 8 seed in the next week or two and should hold on to it for good. Only way he said he'd make a win-now move is if a star became available (Cousins, Jefferson, etc) but I don't see something like that happening until the offseason. Not too many big names seem to be available.

But yeah, for Thomas they could try to get someone like a Ryan Anderson to help spread the floor and play the Channing Frye role. We are missing him a bit. I heard a Thomas+Plumlee for Anderson rumor and wouldn't mind it, he'd fit right in. Len is going to be really, really good and I don't want to stunt his growth so I'm OK with not doing something dumb like trading for McGee or Hibbert for a quick fix.

Oh gawd.. DeAndre Jordan would fit in so nicely with them the way he runs the floor and catches lobs. They will have enough cap space to offer 1 max and one "close to max" contract this offseason if they get rid of Thomas's contract. One for Goran and one for DJ perhaps? Who knows. They could use his shot blocking and rebounding big time for sure.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree that if a team like Houston can clear cap space to sign him then he could be gone, but I just don't see how they'd be able to with Harden, Howard & Ariza's contracts on the books. The Suns could outbid every contender, and the teams that could match the Suns' offer would be teams that are much worse than Phoenix right now (NY, LAL, etc.)

It's hard to see him leaving to be the man on a crappy team if he gets a max deal from Phoenix... his brother is here, he has a house here and it's his home. I just don't think he leaves unless we piss him off or a great situation arises out of nowhere.

What you have to remember is that with FA, today's crappy team can be tomorrow's contender (look at the Cavs).

Not that this will happen, but suppose the Lakers get Marc Gasol as an FA. Now you have Gasol, Kobe and Julius Randle as 3 of the starters. Add that to a top 5 pick and some of the players from this seasons team and that could be attractive to Dragic. Then consider that Kobe's contract comes off the books after this season and they will have the cap space to add another top FA. This could make it even more attractive.

Lots of speculation obviously, but shows that an unattractive team can become attractive pretty quickly.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you have to remember is that with FA, today's crappy team can be tomorrow's contender (look at the Cavs).

Not that this will happen, but suppose the Lakers get Marc Gasol as an FA. Now you have Gasol, Kobe and Julius Randle as 3 of the starters. Add that to a top 5 pick and some of the players from this seasons team and that could be attractive to Dragic. Then consider that Kobe's contract comes off the books after this season and they will have the cap space to add another top FA. This could make it even more attractive.

Lots of speculation obviously, but shows that an unattractive team can become attractive pretty quickly.

Very true. That's what I meant in the part where I said if a great situation arises out of nowhere. I don't expect LA to suck much longer, a lot will depend on what they do this summer. Pretty much decides their future.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it's the matter of the Suns being able to outbid every team any way. As a free agent Dragic may have correctly come to the conclusion that Phoenix won't win a championship in the next 100 years and has zero chances of that. So, he might be thinking it's time to get out of Dodge City while the getting is good

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes.

The Cavs are a great example.

Before Lebron, Kevin Love was quite clear that he wanted no parts of Cleveland.

Another example is Houston.

How long did they try to trade for Howard pre-Harden?

Low and behold, he signed in Houston.

All it takes is for one premium guy to agree and other guys will start to take notice.

It might not be Gasol/Aldridge/Love....But, the Lakers will get a couple of good players.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries, Mecca!

Ryan McDonough (GM) already stated that he won't jeopardize the future for a desperate win-now move this year which I agree with because I think it's obvious that OKC will take over the 8 seed in the next week or two and should hold on to it for good. Only way he said he'd make a win-now move is if a star became available (Cousins, Jefferson, etc) but I don't see something like that happening until the offseason. Not too many big names seem to be available.

But yeah, for Thomas they could try to get someone like a Ryan Anderson to help spread the floor and play the Channing Frye role. We are missing him a bit. I heard a Thomas+Plumlee for Anderson rumor and wouldn't mind it, he'd fit right in. Len is going to be really, really good and I don't want to stunt his growth so I'm OK with not doing something dumb like trading for McGee or Hibbert for a quick fix.

Oh gawd.. DeAndre Jordan would fit in so nicely with them the way he runs the floor and catches lobs. They will have enough cap space to offer 1 max and one "close to max" contract this offseason if they get rid of Thomas's contract. One for Goran and one for DJ perhaps? Who knows. They could use his shot blocking and rebounding big time for sure.

I would Love to see him in Phoenix or New York if he leaves the Clippers.

But, he could just move down the hallway and that would really hurt:bawling:.

As we can see with Blake being out, DeAndre can do so much more.

Maybe he will think it's time to get out of BG32's shadow?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's the matter of the Suns being able to outbid every team any way. As a free agent Dragic may have correctly come to the conclusion that Phoenix won't win a championship in the next 100 years and has zero chances of that. So, he might be thinking it's time to get out of Dodge City while the getting is good

Yes, that was part of my point.

If they don't get into the playoffs, why would he stay?

As currently constructed they are the 9th or 10th best Team in the West.

I get what Zona Sting is saying about not making a panic trade.

But, if they don't trade him, I think they should roll the dice on bringing in a guy like Brook Lopez.

Sure, he might be a 3 month rental so you don't give up any good assets.

But, they have to do something and he is about the best low risk/high reward guy available:noidea:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would Love to see him in Phoenix or New York if he leaves the Clippers.

But, he could just move down the hallway and that would really hurt:bawling:.

As we can see with Blake being out, DeAndre can do so much more.

Maybe he will think it's time to get out of BG32's shadow?

What the Lakers do in FA will depend on if they keep that top 5 pick and who they use it on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

The Cavs are a great example.

Before Lebron, Kevin Love was quite clear that he wanted no parts of Cleveland.

Another example is Houston.

How long did they try to trade for Howard pre-Harden?

Low and behold, he signed in Houston.

All it takes is for one premium guy to agree and other guys will start to take notice.

It might not be Gasol/Aldridge/Love....But, the Lakers will get a couple of good players.

how many times have we seen a guy just go by himself and hope help is coming though?

that typically does not happen- it basically never happens

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L We were having such a nice conversation and you just had to come in and pee all over it.

Now the Suns fans gonna be mad.:lol:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Lakers do in FA will depend on if they keep that top 5 pick and who they use it on.

Orrrr the Draft Lottery will screw you guys over and we will get your #6 pick :yahoo:

Psych. With our luck you got it locked down, plus the odds will be in your favor. If you get a top 5 pick then that is great trade bait and I assume they want to build a team around Kobe to give him one last run. Wouldn't be surprised if they dealt the pick along with another young player for a big name.

Any of these 5 are game changers- Okafor, Muidiay, Towns, Johnson & Russell. They could get a nice return.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L We were having such a nice conversation and you just had to come in and pee all over it.

Now the Suns fans gonna be mad.:lol:

I'm just going to opt to ignore him when he doesn't want to have a basketball conversation with any substance. :lalala: