• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suns Dragic to Fakers

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at everyone jumping to conclusions w/out sources. I'll trust Woj and Stein over Beck any day.

They're meeting with his agent tomorrow and then we'll get a better idea of what will go down.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100 percent believe that if they trade Thomas he'll stay. They probably just want a commitment from him before dealing Thomas.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100 percent believe that if they trade Thomas he'll stay. They probably just want a commitment from him before dealing Thomas.

^^^THIS^^^

The Suns probably want assurances that he will stay and he probably wants assurances that they intend to give him a max and possibly some ideas as to what they are going to do to improve the team.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^THIS^^^

The Suns probably want assurances that he will stay and he probably wants assurances that they intend to give him a max and possibly some ideas as to what they are going to do to improve the team.

Exactly. He said he's fine playing the 2, but wants to play the 1 more like he did last year when him and Bledsoe switched off. With Thomas, that's not really possible. If they can get something decent in return for IT3 then he'll be gone and Dragic will be happy.

That's the key to keeping him in PHX like he has repeatedly stated that he'd like to. This whole thing reminds me of when Bledsoe was "as good as gone" during the summer due to false reports and rumors... he signs the deal and people finally shut up. Could see something like that here. Only difference is Goran isn't an RFA and that scares me a little more than the Bledsoe thing.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and one reason he can't be re-signed during the season is because he has a player option (that he will decline) that can't be exercised until the conclusion of the season. I think a verbal deal could be in the works if and only IF they trade Thomas.

If not... who knows. Probably gone.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. He said he's fine playing the 2, but wants to play the 1 more like he did last year when him and Bledsoe switched off. With Thomas, that's not really possible. If they can get something decent in return for IT3 then he'll be gone and Dragic will be happy.

That's the key to keeping him in PHX like he has repeatedly stated that he'd like to. This whole thing reminds me of when Bledsoe was "as good as gone" during the summer due to false reports and rumors... he signs the deal and people finally shut up. Could see something like that here. Only difference is Goran isn't an RFA and that scares me a little more than the Bledsoe thing.

I think the Suns biggest threat would be if a team that is a contender or a near contender is able to clear enough cap space to make him a max or near max offer. For example, I doubt they could clear the cap space without losing too much, but if the Rockets were to offer him a max or near max deal, that might be tough for him to pass on.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You 100% said they already had a deal worked out months ago, remember?

Clearly, he is not gonna tell them he won't test the market.

He doesn't want to be a SG and that Team might not even make the playoffs as currently constructed.

If the Rockets can clear that Cap or the Knicks/Lakers can catch a big fish this Summer?

Bye-bye Phoenix.

No way would I trade Thomas on a maybe.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Suns biggest threat would be if a team that is a contender or a near contender is able to clear enough cap space to make him a max or near max offer. For example, I doubt they could clear the cap space without losing too much, but if the Rockets were to offer him a max or near max deal, that might be tough for him to pass on.

:agree:

If any team in the NBA should take a gamble on a Brook Lopez type of deal, it's the Suns.

Huge gamble that might only be a couple of months rental. But, they have to do something.

If they miss the playoffs again this year, I think Dragic will walk even if they trade Thomas.

What hope do they have of leapfrogging the top 8 in the West?

I don't think they want to pray for injuries every year just to be a 1st round out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

If any team in the NBA should take a gamble on a Brook Lopez type of deal, it's the Suns.

Huge gamble that might only be a couple of months rental. But, they have to do something.

If they miss the playoffs again this year, I think Dragic will walk even if they trade Thomas.

What hope do they have of leapfrogging the top 8 in the West?

I don't think they want to pray for injuries every year just to be a 1st round out.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the big deal is if they trade Thomas and still lose Dragic. Especially if they can fill a couple of needs with what they get in return for Thomas. They still have Bledsoe who is an all star caliber PG if he can get the minutes. They can always pick up a solid backup PG via FA. Heck, Jeremy Lin wouldn't be bad as a backup PG in the Suns offense.

Or they can do as rumored and trade Dragic (who would likely net them more than Thomas) and keep Thomas as the backup PG.

As a 3rd option they could even trade both Dragic and Thomas, still have Bledsoe and pick up a backup PG on the cheap in FA.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm not sure what the big deal is if they trade Thomas and still lose Dragic. Especially if they can fill a couple of needs with what they get in return for Thomas. They still have Bledsoe who is an all star caliber PG if he can get the minutes. They can always pick up a solid backup PG via FA. Heck, Jeremy Lin wouldn't be bad as a backup PG in the Suns offense.

Or they can do as rumored and trade Dragic (who would likely net them more than Thomas) and keep Thomas as the backup PG.

As a 3rd option they could even trade both Dragic and Thomas, still have Bledsoe and pick up a backup PG on the cheap in FA.

I think Thomas is a keeper as a J Crawford type spark off the bench.

But, he couldn't be a starter alongside Bledsoe.

They'd get murdered.

I see it more as " a bird in the hand " type situation.

Why lose Thomas if you don't have to?

Anything Dragic says right now can't be enforced.

You can't hold him to a verbal agreement...remember how Brand burned the Clippers and Boozer burned the Cavs?

They need to go out and get a quality big, not Hibbert:L, and try to balance out that roster.

The problem is, they are likely to get low-balled now that the word is out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Thomas is a keeper as a J Crawford type spark off the bench.

But, he couldn't be a starter alongside Bledsoe.

They'd get murdered.

I see it more as " a bird in the hand " type situation.

Why lose Thomas if you don't have to?

Anything Dragic says right now can't be enforced.

You can't hold him to a verbal agreement...remember how Brand burned the Clippers and Boozer burned the Cavs?

They need to go out and get a quality big, not Hibbert:L, and try to balance out that roster.

The problem is, they are likely to get low-balled now that the word is out.

I agree. Their best option might be to see what they can get for Dragic. I guess whether or not they ultimately shop him will depend on whether or not they are willing to take him at his word.

Their best bet to get something of value for him might be to see what they can get from one of the teams rumored to be looking to go after him in FA. Which, of course, brings us full circle back to the OP.:L

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You 100% said they already had a deal worked out months ago, remember?

Clearly, he is not gonna tell them he won't test the market.

He doesn't want to be a SG and that Team might not even make the playoffs as currently constructed.

If the Rockets can clear that Cap or the Knicks/Lakers can catch a big fish this Summer?

Bye-bye Phoenix.

No way would I trade Thomas on a maybe.

How many times are you going to bring that up? :rollseyes: You act as if Dragic was traded or has signed with another team. As far as I'm concerned he's still on Phoenix and all the rumors are just that... rumors. Quit acting like you are some expert God for guessing 3 PG's wouldn't work long term, haha... pretty sure everyone knew one of the three would eventually be moved.

I was right about Bledsoe resigning long-term, wasn't I? :whistle:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times are you going to bring that up? :rollseyes: You act as if Dragic was traded or has signed with another team. As far as I'm concerned he's still on Phoenix and all the rumors are just that... rumors. Quit acting like you are some expert God for guessing 3 PG's wouldn't work long term, haha... pretty sure everyone knew one of the three would eventually be moved.

You were 100% correct about Bledsoe signing.

I act like an expert?:omg:

You are the one who said: I have an insider, I obviously know something you don't know..I don't mean to sound cocky. But, that's the way it is. Dragic's deal is already done:L.

Fail.

I told you that Dude selling hats in the parking lot wasn't a reliable source.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that's what Mecca's doing. She's just looking at potentially realistic options. Dragic is going to be a UFA. The 3 point guard thing didn't work (and some of you Suns fans assured us it would) and it's entirely possible that he will leave if the Suns let him get to FA without doing something.

It's also entirely possible that the Suns and Dragic will work something out, but as Mecca pointed out, he's not going to tell the Suns that he won't test the market, he'd be a fool to do that.

She's also correct in pointing out that if the Lakers and/or Knicks can land a big fish, they suddenly become much more attractive to him and dangerous to the Suns chances of keeping him.

You are correct though, until he is traded or actually signs with someone else, he is a Phoenix Sun and the rumors are just that....rumors.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's what Mecca's doing. She's just looking at potentially realistic options. Dragic is going to be a UFA. The 3 point guard thing didn't work (and some of you Suns fans assured us it would) and it's entirely possible that he will leave if the Suns let him get to FA without doing something.

It's also entirely possible that the Suns and Dragic will work something out, but as Mecca pointed out, he's not going to tell the Suns that he won't test the market, he'd be a fool to do that.

She's also correct in pointing out that if the Lakers and/or Knicks can land a big fish, they suddenly become much more attractive to him and dangerous to the Suns chances of keeping him.

You are correct though, until he is traded or actually signs with someone else, he is a Phoenix Sun and the rumors are just that....rumors.

Oh, no it goes beyond this thread. We have been going back and forth on this issue a few times and she always tries to pull the "I told you so" card on it when nothing has happened yet. Pretty sure she predicted Bledsoe and Dragic would end up playing together in NY or LA or some crap like that so I gave her shit for being wrong. She just can't wait for Dragic to leave so she can rub it in my face. It's all in good fun. :lol:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, they are all rumors...none of us know what will happen.

This is all just speculation.

I admit that I mess with Sting a bit about his claim that the Suns had Dragic in the bag. But, I don't mean it to be malicious.

I'm just razzing him. But, I won't mention it again since it seems to bother him.

Apologies to the thread.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no it goes beyond this thread. We have been going back and forth on this issue a few times and she always tries to pull the "I told you so" card on it when nothing has happened yet. Pretty sure she predicted Bledsoe and Dragic would end up playing together in NY or LA or some crap like that so I gave her shit for being wrong. She just can't wait for Dragic to leave so she can rub it in my face. It's all in good fun. :lol:

My bad. Carry on then. :suds:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All true.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were 100% correct about Bledsoe signing.

I act like an expert?:omg:

You are the one who said: I have an insider, I obviously know something you don't know..I don't mean to sound cocky. But, that's the way it is. Dragic's deal is already done:L.

Fail.

I told you that Dude selling hats in the parking lot wasn't a reliable source.

I actually have friends in their scouting department and personally know their VP... also had an internship with them a couple years back. I do have connections with the FO and they were convinced over the summer that Goran would return so I simply posted what I heard. I wasn't doing it to brag, trust me. haha

We'll see what happens I guess. I need to hit them up and talk Suns basketball with them again soon.