• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suns Dragic to Fakers

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just might happen....anybody but LAL:omg:
80MILLION is a pretty penny!
At least we still have 2 solid PG's so if we get somebody like a PF or C in return I will sleep well.
I sure love the Dragon though! I am torn.
Maybe Steve Nash should call or text him with some big brother advice.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love for them to get Dragic. But, I'd rather that they get him as an FA than through a trade. Not that I mind giving up one of the bigs not named Julius Randle for him, but because I'm afraid that he'll improve the Lakers enough to cost them that top 5 pick.

Maybe if the Lakers trade for him he can pull hammy or sprain an ankle and miss a few weeks so we don't win too much. :lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love for them to get Dragic. But, I'd rather that they get him as an FA than through a trade. Not that I mind giving up one of the bigs not named Julius Randle for him, but because I'm afraid that he'll improve the Lakers enough to cost them that top 5 pick.

Maybe if the Lakers trade for him he can pull hammy or sprain an ankle and miss a few weeks so we don't win too much. :lol:

Yeah - I just think that the Lakers simply have to hold court with what they have and play the waiting game. Any one they pick up is not going to be convinced to stay with what the Lakers have and right now the Lakers need to be developing their young talent. Now if the Suns were to give the Lakers a couple of first round picks for Jordan Hill - that might be a consideration, The Lakers simply can't afford to screw up that protected pick.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they wait until the summer. They can get everything they are after if they do that.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to know if Suns fans think he's worth the max? I'd give him the contract, personally. Having a PG like Dragic would mean that Kobe's days of moonlighting as a PG can officially be over.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers dont have picks to trade- they Suns have Wright, Len, Plumlee, and Markieff Morris at the 4/5 so its not like they would give up much for a year and a half of Hill.

If the Lakers offered Randle for Dragic- I would think it would pretty much assure the Lakers would get Dragic to sign to a long term deal....is that worth it? I guess it depends on if they think they can get Dragic anyway....

Part of me thinks that the Suns are going to look to move Bledsoe and or Thomas and then sign Dragic to a long term deal as i think they prefer him over Bledsoe.

I think they made the right move in resigning Bledsoe- but i dont think they are in love with him in large part because of that contract he signed that i dont think they were very happy with- but the Suns made the right move because you just cant give up that asset for nothing.

If the Lakers offered Randle for Dragic- I think the Suns listen- but i think its more likely they deal Bledsoe and resign Dragic.

the Suns are not going to give up Dragic for anything less than a significant piece- its clear after they resigned Bledsoe to that deal.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers dont have picks to trade- they Suns have Wright, Len, Plumlee, and Markieff Morris at the 4/5 so its not like they would give up much for a year and a half of Hill.

If the Lakers offered Randle for Dragic- I would think it would pretty much assure the Lakers would get Dragic to sign to a long term deal....is that worth it? I guess it depends on if they think they can get Dragic anyway....

Part of me thinks that the Suns are going to look to move Bledsoe and or Thomas and then sign Dragic to a long term deal as i think they prefer him over Bledsoe.

I think they made the right move in resigning Bledsoe- but i dont think they are in love with him in large part because of that contract he signed that i dont think they were very happy with- but the Suns made the right move because you just cant give up that asset for nothing.

If the Lakers offered Randle for Dragic- I think the Suns listen- but i think its more likely they deal Bledsoe and resign Dragic.

the Suns are not going to give up Dragic for anything less than a significant piece- its clear after they resigned Bledsoe to that deal.

Dragic has already said that he's going to test the market regardless. The Suns could trade Bledsoe or Thomas but then they risk losing 2 PG's instead of 1. :L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic has already said that he's going to test the market regardless. The Suns could trade Bledsoe or Thomas but then they risk losing 2 PG's instead of 1. :L

I am just saying if they wanted to max him out they could then ..and Dragic is not LeBron--- that extra year and extra money each year I would think would be significant to him...but who knows...its a craps shoot

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just might happen....anybody but LAL:omg:
80MILLION is a pretty penny!
At least we still have 2 solid PG's so if we get somebody like a PF or C in return I will sleep well.
I sure love the Dragon though! I am torn.
Maybe Steve Nash should call or text him with some big brother advice.

not saying i think the Cavs should do this- or the Suns should do this....

but- if there was a deal tht was Bledsoe and Len for Love and you could assume Love would resign- and that would get Dragic to resign- what would the Suns do? the Cavs do?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but- if there was a deal tht was Bledsoe and Len for Love and you could assume Love would resign- and that would get Dragic to resign- what would the Suns do? the Cavs do?

Cavs should do it. Lebron doesn't have enough help yet.:lol:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell no... dude... Bledsoe has been playing better than Love alone this season. He's an elite on-ball defender and has played like an all-star this year averaging 17-6-5 to go along with his defense. I wouldn't trade Bledsoe for Love straight up so adding Len in the equation is just ridiculous, he's got a bright future.

Bledsoe isn't getting moved, it's either Dragic or Thomas with Thomas being MUCH more likely if they move one of the two. Notice how all these rumors are speculation and there is nothing of actual substance from the Suns organization? A Bucks reporter is the one that broke the "news" of them trying to trade Dragic for a 1st rounder. I'm sure he has ALL the insight :pound:

Anyways, to answer the Lakers fan question... yes, Dragic is indeed worth the max and he'll get it from Phoenix, Los Angeles, New York, etc... it'll come down to who he wants to play for. If Thomas is gone I think he comes back, if not... who knows.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before you try to tell me Bledsoe isn't the better player here's a comparison of the two:

PTS: Bledsoe 17.2 ppg, Love 17.0 ppg
BLKS: Bledsoe 0.6 bpg, Love 0.5 bpg
REBS: Bledsoe 5.2 rpg, Love 10.4 rpg (remember he's a PG)
ASTS: Bledsoe 5.9 apg, Love 2.3 apg
STLS: Bledsoe 1.7 spg, Love 0.7 spg

Bledsoe also has a much higher FG% and FT%.

Not to mention defense... Bledsoe = top tier defender, Love = mediocre to below average defender.

We have Markieff Morris at PF anyways who tore Love up when we played Cleveland... no need to take mins away from him.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no.

Dragic isn't a top 5 PG, he may not even be a top 8-10 PG.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no.

Dragic isn't a top 5 PG, he may not even be a top 8-10 PG.

PG is the deepest position in the NBA by far so that is moot. Last year he was 3rd team All-NBA so technically he had the 3rd best season out of any other PG according to voters & I could argue that he was the 2nd best PG in the NBA last year. This year he's played out of position way too much and has shot less which has led to lower PPG #'s. He's still shooting 50% from the floor though.

I'd take him over someone like Rondo as a Free Agent ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now...this all looks familiar:nod:.

I'm not really taking any joy out of being right in this situation.

I would have loved for him to stay with the Suns.

But, it was obvious that this would be the likely scenario as soon as they signed Bledsoe after inking Thomas.

Three's a crowd....especially when all 3 want the ball.

I don't think losing Dragic is set in stone. They could trade Thomas.

But, would you risk trading Isiah and losing Dragic in Free Agency?

I wouldn't.

A bird in the hand beats two in the bush..yaddy, yaddy, yaddy...

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUST KEEP BLEDSOE

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the national perception is that Dragic is more valuable than Bledsoe and the Suns were not exactly thrilled to give Bledsoe that huge deal....

maybe I a m wrong....we will probably get a good idea where they are at soon. It seems like the Suns fan think Bledsoe is the better player and ill have to defer to them on that......

and i dont think the Cavs would do that deal and i dont think the Suns would either.....and 3.5 months of one NBA season does not make Bledsoe half the player Kevin Love is

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp...who has the goods to make a deal?

Damn shame for the Suns.

Howard Beck: Suns were active on the phones this weekend. The sense is they are ready to deal Dragic, rather than risk losing him to free agency. Twitter @HowardBeck

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp...who has the goods to make a deal?

Damn shame for the Suns.

Howard Beck: Suns were active on the phones this weekend. The sense is they are ready to deal Dragic, rather than risk losing him to free agency. Twitter @HowardBeck

David lee for dragic lol