• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suns Cut Beasley

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers need a sf/pf type and there were many rumors of him being traded to the lakers the past 2 years. I wonder if they will sign him to help shore up the weakest positions SF and PF.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers need a sf/pf type and there were many rumors of him being traded to the lakers the past 2 years. I wonder if they will sign him to help shore up the weakest positions SF and PF.

This guy is absolute garbage Kobe would never want him on his team he had one good game all year vs the Lakers but he sucks. Gerald Green is better than him.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes the most pathetic suns player in history, and we have had a solid franchise with all stars and the 4th highest winning percentage. I couldn't imagine this clown going to your even better franchise and wearing a Lakers uniform.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so either JahiiCarson. All roster spots are filled to date.

DimesD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a scheme where the Lakers want to better themselves for the future, the most logical choice is tanking. Some of the best assets are the ones you draft, especially early in the lottery. That said, the Lakers ain't going this route. Buss prefers to let the D'antoni over Dwight master plan play out, even believing there's a playoff future for this team.
If that's the mindset, then there's no question Beasley should be in the mix. Assuming Kobe doesn't start the season... You look at this roster, who in there can get you near the points output Kobe can (63 games over 20 pts) Plus the 24 games Dwight scored over 20. 5 guys scoring 12-15 ppg isn't enough. There has to be 1-2 guys near the 20 pts mark.

Nick Young could do it in spots. he had 8 games of over 20 pts. A 26 y/o Gasol could do it. But he's a softer 32. it ain't gonna be Nash either. Kaman had 6 games over 20 last year. The 5th starter will likely be Johnson. And Wesley barely scores. This is where Beasley would be invaluable. let's face it, D-fense, well we don't talk about defense this year. D wins Championships. Jim just doesn't care to follow in his father's foosteps. Ego will make up for everything.
So, yeah, if the idea is to win few games and make it entertaining by having both teams scoring in 125s win or lose, Beasley is the guy to get for cheap.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micheal Beasley is garbage averaged 10.5 ppg because he hardly played and had like 3 good games. You traded your picks to us for a 39 year old pg and when we did that we turned around and picked up Dragic a guy who was 26 at the time. who you didn't even try to contact. Dwight was smart to leave awful ownership and Lakers fans were so happy that the suns got the 30th pick when Archie Goodwin could be the steal of this draft and could of mentored under Kobe our core is solid Dragic,Bledsoe,Len but they are all young and we have no forwards and no depth which gives us an even worse roster than the sixers we will get Wiggins, once we trade Gortat for another 1st rounder that will give us 4 in 2014 oh and we have your pick in 2015. Clueless front office and we have one of the great young gms. Jim Buss has killed this franchise and signing a pot smoker will even make you guys more of a joke than you already are.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hahahhahahahha Sting its even funnier look what they basically gave up and had a chance to get.:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Did they think Nash would be good at 39 years old?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1a2s9AAG0c]Archie Goodwin Full Highlights NBA SL 2013.07.20 vs Raptors - 20 Pts. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll9qjZ4wm-s"]Phoenix Suns vs Memphis Grizzlies Summer League Recap - YouTube[/ame]

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the Suns management realizes that the best opportunity for long term success is to tank this season and hope for a high (please be #1) pick in a loaded 2014 draft. #Wiggins

We already screwed up by passing by McLemore from this years draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty funny stuff from the Suns fans. You do realize that instead of being like the Suns and paying full market value for Beasley, the Lakers would be getting him likely at the vet min? Not bad to try to fix a former #2 overall pick.

This season is largely about treading water for the Lakers; filling out a somewhat competitive team while trying out some under-performing (and, as a result, very cheap) young players without messing with next year's huge cap room. These young players are competing for a chance to improve their NBA stock and perhaps figure in to next year's roster (around the big acquisition or two the Lakers have cap space saved for).

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the Suns management realizes that the best opportunity for long term success is to tank this season and hope for a high (please be #1) pick in a loaded 2014 draft. #Wiggins

We already screwed up by passing by McLemore from this years draft.

I would rather have Len a scrapper down low. Archie and Bledsoe. McLemore didn't even do team workouts and he was out of shape in workouts could be another Beasley.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty funny stuff from the Suns fans. You do realize that instead of being like the Suns and paying full market value for Beasley, the Lakers would be getting him likely at the vet min? Not bad to try to fix a former #2 overall pick.

This season is largely about treading water for the Lakers; filling out a somewhat competitive team while trying out some under-performing (and, as a result, very cheap) young players without messing with next year's huge cap room. These young players are competing for a chance to improve their NBA stock and perhaps figure in to next year's roster (around the big acquisition or two the Lakers have cap space saved for).

We had him for a "bargain" price too. But guess what there is no bargain price for Beasley.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted Beasley to be our go to guy. He has tremendous potential, obvious by his #2 overall selection. Problem is he doesn't give a sh*t about anything. I think as long as he is able to fund his party lifestyle he will be happy. Whether that be league minimum or higher.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he averaged double digit points last season and it was dismal. His worst season as a pro and he still averaged double digits. He needs a wake up call.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he averaged double digit points last season and it was dismal. His worst season as a pro and he still averaged double digits. He needs a wake up call.

I agree!! There is no question the guy has talent!! The problem is, he's million dollar talent with a five cent brain!!

I wouldn't mind the Lakers picking him up on a 1 year vet. min. contract. Maybe even 2 with a team option on the 2nd year!!

Then, if figures it out and starts playing to his talent, the Lakers got a bargain. If not, just cut him loose with nothing lost!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahhahahahha Sting its even funnier look what they basically gave up and had a
chance to get.

You really think Goodwin looks that special? Not hard to in a highlight reel.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then, if figures it out and starts playing to his talent, the Lakers got a
bargain. If not, just cut him loose with nothing lost!!

Except maybe a negative affect on the locker room. I don't think that the risk is worth it for this guy.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just put it this way... Wolves and Suns fans wanted this guy out of town after watching him play maybe 20 games or so. What makes you think it will be different a fourth time? (Miami being the 1st)

DimesD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just put it this way... Wolves and Suns fans wanted this guy out of town after watching him play maybe 20 games or so. What makes you think it will be different a fourth time? (Miami being the 1st)
It's a very odd theory you have.

1) Wolves fans as whole would 100% disagree with your assessment. Beasely was beasting for them the first year. If anything, the Wolves as an organization, a fanbase, loved Beasley because they had a steal on their hands.

2) You may speak for the Arizona fanbase, not sure if they all agree with you, but after 20 or so games, what Beasley did on the court should not force the ire of the entire fan base. He simply had some great nights and some awful nights...inconsistent.

3) The premise that signing with the Lakers would extend the troubles of this so called "bad seed" for the 4th time, is false and is an injustice in characterizing people. In Miami, it was all about the 3 superfriends. Whether Beasley was the rookie of the year or a pedaphile or what not, his remaining 10 mil salary got in the way of that superfranchise coming together. if he was making 1-2 mil, he might still be a Heat. And it looks like the Heat wouldn't mind having him back.

In reality, Phoenix is really the only place that he wasn't wanted and was a mistake for both sides. Minny had to let him go because he was a FA and redundant with rookie D. Williams in the wings.... So what happened in Phoenix? Seems like he and Gentry had different visions on PT. Then Beasley checked himself out. it happens.

What it comes down to is the hate Beasley gets, all stem from his usage of the herb. The uneducated would think that being on the herb makes one a cancer - anyone using is the devil himself. Maybe in Arizona. But in California, it ain't no big deal, man. The Warriors' fan base would also zero problem with any player getting a "bogus" possession charge - bogus, since no one should be arrested for having a little weed, let alone 3 counts of felony possession for having 3 blunts. I don't think that would fly here in California.

And that brings me to my odd theory.

To my understanding, the Arizona public defender office can bill the feds if they take on federal cases. Conveniently, marijuana infractions are felonies. More Mj possesion cases = more $$$ in their budget. Easy money. I wonder how many billable hours would they charge for possession of 1 blunt.

As far as what Beasley did, it pales to comparison to what Artest did in his youth. Being arrested for pot just makes Beasley a member of a club which includes some notable names - Camby, Noah, and future Laker Klay Thompson.