• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Summer league hoops

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a cool story!

I think I was in like middle school or maybe early hs when the nickname hit.

I’m obviously just having fun about madar but i do have some hopes for him after seeing him really raise his game this year overseas and he is allegedly an NBA level athlete
Granted, Tamir was playing with guys like us, but the kid could definitely play. Could dunk and cannot imagine he was taller than me (I'm only 6'). Think I can say this based on rules I learned on Seinfeld but not many of "my people" can do that at his size I wouldn't think.

Any idea if he'll play on the Sabbath (Tamir would not)?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, Tamir was playing with guys like us, but the kid could definitely play. Could dunk and cannot imagine he was taller than me (I'm only 6'). Think I can say this based on rules I learned on Seinfeld but not many of "my people" can do that at his size I wouldn't think.

Any idea if he'll play on the Sabbath (Tamir would not)?

no idea.

I’m will be interesting to see what he turns into.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 games today.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JaMarko Pickett going HAM

Who the fuck is this guy

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder and Warriors in a tight one

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka G tearing up the summer league

Per 36

33/12/3

Almost like the college player of the year shouldn't have been the 51st pick .... so weird

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per 36

33/12/3

Almost like the college player of the year shouldn't have been the 51st pick .... so weird

He's playing well enough that the Pistons are likely faced with moving on from either Okafor or trading Josh Jackson if they bring Diallo back

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's playing well enough that the Pistons are likely faced with moving on from either Okafor or trading Josh Jackson if they bring Diallo back
He looks pretty much exactly how he looked in college offensively and about 3 times better on D after he lost the weight . Really impressive so far

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per 36

33/12/3

Might want to pump the brakes a little. It's summer league. It's not even the NBA exhibition season.

Most of the guys he's doing this against will be playing overseas, in the G-league or holding down the end of some teams bench.

Don't get me wrong...you'd rather he be tearing it up than sucking...but you also have to consider the competition...It's not like he's seeing KD, AD or Giannis.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might want to pump the brakes a little. It's summer league. It's not even the NBA exhibition season.

Most of the guys he's doing this against will be playing overseas, in the G-league or holding down the end of some teams bench.

Don't get me wrong...you'd rather he be tearing it up than sucking...but you also have to consider the competition...It's not like he's seeing KD, AD or Giannis.
Sure I get it . But still he's the 51st pick and he's easily been one of the 3 best rookies at summer league. Maybe the best

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you have to remember that Garza isn't trying to make the Lakers squad but get into the Pistons lineup.

And you have to love the effort. He knew he was a borderline NBAer as he was so he worked his ass off to drop weight so he could address his biggest flaws. And it is paying off. He has looked good in the opportunity he has been given and has shown that he is willing to do whatever it takes to make it. I was on the skeptical side, thinking yes he was worth the low second round pick, to thinking he will be a great enery guy to have on the bench.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you have to remember that Garza isn't trying to make the Lakers squad but get into the Pistons lineup.

And you have to love the effort. He knew he was a borderline NBAer as he was so he worked his ass off to drop weight so he could address his biggest flaws. And it is paying off. He has looked good in the opportunity he has been given and has shown that he is willing to do whatever it takes to make it. I was on the skeptical side, thinking yes he was worth the low second round pick, to thinking he will be a great enery guy to have on the bench.

He's going to be a nice piece on offense when he's in. D will be the metric as to whether he earns a pension

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's playing really well and like I said, it's a whole lot better than if he sucked. Just have to keep the competition in mind and even if it turns out that he just cant play at the NBA level, he was still worth taking a shot on.

But you'll get a better idea of what he can do in the exhibition season and then obviously in the regular season. Based on what I saw of him in college, yeah...he may be able to be that "spark off the bench guy" who comes in and makes some defensive plays, grabs some rebounds and maybe gets you a couple of baskets. He could have a long NBA career doing that.

Plus, he seems like he'll be a physical presence, which still has its place in todays game.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I saw of him in college, yeah...he may be able to be that "spark off the bench guy" who comes in and makes some defensive plays, grabs some rebounds and maybe gets you a couple of baskets. He could have a long NBA career doing that.
Tyler Hansbrough…

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's playing really well and like I said, it's a whole lot better than if he sucked. Just have to keep the competition in mind and even if it turns out that he just cant play at the NBA level, he was still worth taking a shot on.

But you'll get a better idea of what he can do in the exhibition season and then obviously in the regular season. Based on what I saw of him in college, yeah...he may be able to be that "spark off the bench guy" who comes in and makes some defensive plays, grabs some rebounds and maybe gets you a couple of baskets. He could have a long NBA career doing that.

Plus, he seems like he'll be a physical presence, which still has its place in todays game.
Both Garza and Livers (who is still yet to play due to recovering from surgery) were 4 year players, so not as talented as the one-and-done guys. But both worked to get better every year and ended up being leaders on very good teams. I believe they can both make the Pistons roster (eventually, Livers will need some G-league time since he is yet to play and Garza may too) and add some quality depth to this young Pistons roster. I'm almost as excited for the Pistons second rounders as I am for getting Cade.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This made me look him up

He's averaging 32 a game in China in his most recent season lol
That 3 times more than his bes NBA season, which was a decade ago.

Says something about the game in China.