• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh to sign with Dolphins -- 6 years 115 million

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say good riddance. Tremendous player, but NO CHANCE would I pay any DT, unless JJ Watt wanted to move inside all year that much money.

Just the fact he supposedly is going to get more guaranteed money and a bigger contract is laughable to me.

Props to Suh on the contract, but I'm glad the Lions didn't do something crazy and sign him to roughly 19 million a year.

This is all "hearsay" until tuesday, but they are reporting he is going to sign with Miami on tuesday for 60 million guaranteed on a 6 year 115 million dollar deal.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great work Miami. Really like our chances vs the Pats now.

Career defining fumble by the Lions, just letting Suh go. They couldn't trade him to Miami last year? Put the transition tag on him and at least round up two 1sts for the next regime?

Epic failure by the Lions. Epic show of courage by Miami. Not everyone is satisfied being no.2 in their division like the Lions are (were).

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Lions hopefuls begins slapping Mayhew on the back about not paying big $$$ for Suh, according to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, the Lions’ final proposal to Suh was for an average of $17 million (which comes to $102 million total), with $58 million guaranteed.

That’s more than J.J. Watt’s deal with the Texans, and would have made Suh the highest-paid defensive player in the league.

So he took a little more money to play in a nicer climate on a team with a better chance to win in his opinion. Can't blame him. He gave the Lions the no.2 D they gave him Joe Lombardi and an O incapable of beating good teams. I guarantee he won't have that problem in Miami.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is a great player, but that is an absurd contract. I could see 5 years $75m, but 6 years $114m??? $19m a year? J.J. Watt didn't even get that much money. Boy, Suh's agent did a hell of a job.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Lions hopefuls begins slapping Mayhew on the back about not paying big $$$ for Suh, according to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, the Lions’ final proposal to Suh was for an average of $17 million (which comes to $102 million total), with $58 million guaranteed.

That’s more than J.J. Watt’s deal with the Texans, and would have made Suh the highest-paid defensive player in the league.

So he took a little more money to play in a nicer climate on a team with a better chance to win in his opinion. Can't blame him. He gave the Lions the no.2 D they gave him Joe Lombardi and an O incapable of beating good teams. I guarantee he won't have that problem in Miami.

He has a better chance to win in Miami based on what? My wife is a Dolphins fan so I watch at least some of their games every week and they're a bigger cluster fuck than Detroit. I'm not shocked at all that they stepped up and paid a DT more than any defensive player in history because they're fools who are more concerned with putting butts in seats than winning. It's been that way pretty much since Don Shula left. He was a moron for going to Miami and he'll likely spend the rest of his career being second place anyway. As far as any of you who's going to rip Mayhew and Lewand over losing him, they did the right thing. You can't pay him that much money, period. Detroit offered him fair compensation and he didn't take it. Miami spent the last week dumping salaries to make enough room to do this. Dumping useful players and they won't field a team next year even as good as the mediocre team last year. They gutted the team for one guy and it will get them nowhere.

Anyway, time to move on. I hear they've ramped up talks with Fairley. Hopefully they can keep him and put someone next to him to where there won't be a huge drop off on D. I wanted Suh as much as anyone but I'm glad they weren't fools about keeping him.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I no longer fear signing Suh to a huge contract anymore and someday Suh being banned from the NFL because he couldn't keep his cool. It'll be 4 years before Dolphins and Lions meet up again... I think we rule out meeting up in the SB before then.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a better chance to win in Miami based on what? My wife is a Dolphins fan so I watch at least some of their games every week and they're a bigger cluster fuck than Detroit. I'm not shocked at all that they stepped up and paid a DT more than any defensive player in history because they're fools who are more concerned with putting butts in seats than winning. It's been that way pretty much since Don Shula left. He was a moron for going to Miami and he'll likely spend the rest of his career being second place anyway. As far as any of you who's going to rip Mayhew and Lewand over losing him, they did the right thing. You can't pay him that much money, period. Detroit offered him fair compensation and he didn't take it. Miami spent the last week dumping salaries to make enough room to do this. Dumping useful players and they won't field a team next year even as good as the mediocre team last year. They gutted the team for one guy and it will get them nowhere.

Anyway, time to move on. I hear they've ramped up talks with Fairley. Hopefully they can keep him and put someone next to him to where there won't be a huge drop off on D. I wanted Suh as much as anyone but I'm glad they weren't fools about keeping him.

Rainbows shining bright over Detroit today.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still would have matched that offer. I don't think Suh is a good match in Miami, but to each his own. Everyone says "you can't tie that much money up in 3 players", but Suh was the only one of the 3 earning it. We'll never win if we're paying $40+ million a season to 2 guys who aren't living up to that contract unless we have at least another dominant force. And ours just left.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our future now hinges on Stafford becoming elite. How confident are you guys?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I cant believe you guys wanted them to pay him more than that. Its not worth it. And what does Stafford have to do with all this? As far as Im concerned, all he was worried about was money so he can go. Next!

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still would have matched that offer. I don't think Suh is a good match in Miami, but to each his own. Everyone says "you can't tie that much money up in 3 players", but Suh was the only one of the 3 earning it. We'll never win if we're paying $40+ million a season to 2 guys who aren't living up to that contract unless we have at least another dominant force. And ours just left.

No way I match that offer.

Our future now hinges on Stafford becoming elite. How confident are you guys?

Stafford has been a second tier QB and is getting paid second tier money. And the teams future doesn't hinge on Stafford becoming elite, it hinges on the brass making the right moves going forward.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I match that offer.

Stafford has been a second tier QB and is getting paid second tier money. And the teams future doesn't hinge on Stafford becoming elite, it hinges on the brass making the right moves going forward.

Stafford is in the 2nd tier of QB's only if you put about 10 of them in that same level. Of course if the stars align and Mayhew makes all great choices from here going forward we will have a bright future. That could be said had we resigned Suh, as well. The man of most importance to our future success is #9. There is no way you can say otherwise. If he plays like he has for the last 2 years, there is almost no way we even win the division, let alone compete for a Superbowl. Stafford absolutely has to develop.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is in the 2nd tier of QB's only if you put about 10 of them in that same level. Of course if the stars align and Mayhew makes all great choices from here going forward we will have a bright future. That could be said had we resigned Suh, as well. The man of most importance to our future success is #9. There is no way you can say otherwise. If he plays like he has for the last 2 years, there is almost no way we even win the division, let alone compete for a Superbowl. Stafford absolutely has to develop.
All the stars don't have to align and Mayhew doesn't have to hit in every FA signing and pick, but he has to hit on many. I think that's pretty much common sense though. Good teams arent good bc they miss on players frequently.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't even agree that there are 10 better QBs than Stafford in the NFL. I do agree that he needs to be better, I just don't think that he has to be elite for us to win if the right guys are around him.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even agree that there are 10 better QBs than Stafford in the NFL. I do agree that he needs to be better, I just don't think that he has to be elite for us to win if the right guys are around him.
Eli certainly isn't elite, his team's have won 2. Flacco? Not elite. He's got one.

It's about the team in many instances. Detroit just needs to keep building.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins D is pretty solid, just got better by signing Suh, but Miami isn't going to win the Super Bowl with Tannehill. It was a money move but no shot at a championship ring for Suh in Florida.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This regime is such an embarassment. They're STILL chasing Suh like a jaded ex who just cannot move on with life. And these are your heroes? These are the men who you shoot your rainbows all over?

I don't want to see another 0-16 season because of a "Fire the Wonder Twins" campaign. I would rather leave it up to the Ownership to kick their ASSES to the curb instead of having hard feeling against the Lions fan base. Until then a Barry Sanders quote still rings true... "the Lions don't wanna win."

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli certainly isn't elite, his team's have won 2. Flacco? Not elite. He's got one.

It's about the team in many instances. Detroit just needs to keep building.

Eli was clutch, had one of the best running games in the league, and a monster D-line. Eli in all apects of his career is better than Stafford. It hurts me to say that. I hate Eli, but reality is reality. And for the Ravens to win the Superbowl, Flacco had to go on one of the greatest post season runs of all time for a QB.

I don't want to turn this into another Stafford debate, but he absolutely cannot stay the same as the last 3 years for us to win. He has to prove that 2011 was not a fluke.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins D is pretty solid, just got better by signing Suh, but Miami isn't going to win the Super Bowl with Tannehill. It was a money move but no shot at a championship ring for Suh in Florida.

I think the Dolphins defense has been pretty good... when they showed up. Their Organization takes more pride in their Defense than they do their Offense, it's been like that for the longest.