• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh Fined $100K

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilfork is dirty?

Since fucking when?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recent Wilfork not so much. Early in his career though he was very dirty. He got fined 4 times in 2007, was going to get suspended, but Googell gave him one more chance and he put that chance to good use. No issues later in his career.

He had the Eye poke, Elbowing Cutler in the head after the play, late hit on witten, and a low hit on JP Losman.

I give him full credit for turning it around, but early in his career he was in a similar boat as Suh. I hope Suh follows his example and cleans it up the same way Wilfork has.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh's reputation is clearly catching up with him.

The fine is like a career reminder that he has been an ass in the past.

IMO the play was stupid. It cost Detroit a TD in a close game at that time. My problem is he is apt to the stupid penalty and yes the dirty penalty. But this was clearly a stupid penalty and you can't clearly say it was dirty as that has to do more with intent.

Had the whistle blown? No so you play to the whistle had blown the guy was chasing down the Levy so he was still in the play....would not have caught him but he was still live.

The initial impact was above the knee below the waist I am getting tired of the so call experts saying he dived for his knees.

I am pretty sure not many Pat fans watch the Lions game.....just the ESPN highlight. What they don't show is the number of times Suh had his hands on Ponder when he had just released the ball and didn't drive him to the turf. Suh had a great game just it was and is being over shadowed by this play.

The same thing could be said of every player that gets flagged for a horse collar. It used to be legal it isn't anymore so that must make a guy that has 2-3 horse collar penalties dirty?

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is taken from another poster on another board:

"Mark Schlereth was just defending Suh on Sports Center.

Jeff Saturday was talking about how there's no place for Suh's hit, and Schlereth, a former o-lineman, said he saw a guy going for an opponent's waist on a play that's coached to all defensive players across the league. He went on to say that Suh still has to know better, but that this wasn't the dirty play that all of the talking Parrots want it to be..."

Don't really care what the one supposed person you found says. Again and I am dumdfounded how this escapes you.

A COMMITTEE SAT AND VIEWED THE PLAY. A COMMITTEE VIEWD IT AS DIRTY AND MADE THEIR RECOMMENDATION.

Committee: committee - definition of committee by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since A Pats fan said Suh was dirty.

or since he got 4 fines in one year for cheap shots. I admit he has cleaned it up. You have on your roster a player who followed a similar path that Suh did. I am not sure Suh has the maturity to clean it up like Wilfork has, but I hope he does.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh's reputation is clearly catching up with him.

The fine is like a career reminder that he has been an ass in the past.

IMO the play was stupid. It cost Detroit a TD in a close game at that time. My problem is he is apt to the stupid penalty and yes the dirty penalty. But this was clearly a stupid penalty and you can't clearly say it was dirty as that has to do more with intent.

Had the whistle blown? No so you play to the whistle had blown the guy was chasing down the Levy so he was still in the play....would not have caught him but he was still live.

The initial impact was above the knee below the waist I am getting tired of the so call experts saying he dived for his knees.

I am pretty sure not many Pat fans watch the Lions game.....just the ESPN highlight. What they don't show is the number of times Suh had his hands on Ponder when he had just released the ball and didn't drive him to the turf. Suh had a great game just it was and is being over shadowed by this play.

The same thing could be said of every player that gets flagged for a horse collar. It used to be legal it isn't anymore so that must make a guy that has 2-3 horse collar penalties dirty?

Okay so knowing that chop blocks are illegal, knowing the O Linemen could not see Suh, did Suh really expect to fall or roll up? That type play is dirty and exactly why the league changed things. We can't hang our hats on " Last Year That Was Legal ". it's not this year. And it's not because how dirty and dangerous a play that is. Suh could easily have chased the guy down and shoulder bumped him but he chose not to. In the end what I think is, it was a dirty play buy a player with a rep for being dirty. What I am starting to think is that Suhs ability to think on his feet is very limited and because of that he puts himself in bad situations. Now just as Wilfork has issues early on Suh has them now, as he matures and gets more seasoned I expect some of these bumbled headed plays will stop

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or since he got 4 fines in one year for cheap shots. I admit he has cleaned it up. You have on your roster a player who followed a similar path that Suh did. I am not sure Suh has the maturity to clean it up like Wilfork has, but I hope he does.

True enough

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so knowing that chop blocks are illegal, knowing the O Linemen could not see Suh, did Suh really expect to fall or roll up?

A chop block is diving at the knees of a player who is already engaged with another player....not what Suh did

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really care what the one supposed person you found says. Again and I am dumdfounded how this escapes you.

A COMMITTEE SAT AND VIEWED THE PLAY. A COMMITTEE VIEWD IT AS DIRTY AND MADE THEIR RECOMMENDATION.

Committee: committee - definition of committee by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Said committee should be fired and never get a job in the sport again.

Just because there is a committee there doesn't mean the committee doesn't have a combined IQ that doesn't reach triple digits.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A chop block is diving at the knees of a player who is already engaged with another player....not what Suh did

I was reffering to the calling on the field, and the ref called it an illegal chop block which idue to the rule change this year is what it's called. Unless I am missing something.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Suh's was a cut block, which is not always illegal but they are during change of posession. Chop Blocks are crazy dangerous and the league would have suspended Suh for sure if he had done that.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banning cut blocks (which was still not even the intent) is retarded. Fuck the NFL.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Suh's was a cut block, which is not always illegal but they are during change of posession. Chop Blocks are crazy dangerous and the league would have suspended Suh for sure if he had done that.

The ref called it an illeagel LOW block

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banning cut blocks (which was still not even the intent) is retarded. Fuck the NFL.

Agreed, I think it is now allowed on offensive plays only, any kicking play or turnover it will be 15 yards..... and a giant fine as well

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref called it an illeagel LOW block

Cut Block/Low Block/Block Below the waist are all the same thing, just different names. Chop block is cut block that happens to a player that is already being blocked.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is such an stupid response. Cut block are incredibly dangerous and can end or shorten a career in a moment. To say banning them is retarded is what is retarded. It's about time the league considered player safety, the game is just as exciting. Why if you are so bothered by this rule changes do you still watch. Isn't it hypocritcal to piss and moan about it then watch it?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chop blocks should absolutely be illegal and probably an automatic suspension. Pretty much a guaranteed injury.

Cut blocks do not have a high risk of injury, and are perfectly legal on most plays.

Chop blocks and cut blocks are decidedly different.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut Block/Low Block/Block Below the waist are all the same thing, just different names. Chop block is cut block that happens to a player that is already being blocked.

Yep. And is a drity play as well.

Again IMO as it relates to Suh, the play is illegal, he was brifed on that all players were, and still he did it. When I replied to another post I stated I think Suh does not think well on his feet, as he matures and becomes more seasoned this dumb /dirty plays will cease.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chop blocks should absolutely be illegal and probably an automatic suspension. Pretty much a guaranteed injury.

Cut blocks do not have a high risk of injury, and are perfectly legal on most plays.

Chop blocks and cut blocks are decidedly different.

Cut blocks are still very dangerous, for the most part they target the knee of 300 pound men.