• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh Fined $100K

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, DUMB. Look you're a homer we get it!!! Suh tagreted the knee, a very Suh like move. Just accept it and move on.

Oh I see now. You used all CAPS to try and drive your point home. Very good move sir. Ohh, and you used multiple exclamation points also. Ouch. Lol

It's still weak, like that initial poster's response.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I see now. You used all CAPS to try and drive your point home. Very good move sir. Ohh, and you used multiple exclamation points also. Ouch. Lol

What's weak is your feeble attempt to back Suh. As I stated you are an obvious homer incapable of seeing things as they occured. So let me bottom line it for your dumb ass, it was dirty, the league thought it was dirty, Suh was justfiably fined. You lose!!

I will not banter back and forth with you, you are wrong and I am incredibly comfortable with that. Have a nice day.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's weak is your feeble attempt to back Suh. As I stated you are an obvious homer incapable of seeing things as they occured. So let me bottom line it for your dumb ass, it was dirty, the league thought it was dirty, Suh was justfiably fined. You lose!!

I will not banter back and forth with you, you are wrong and I am incredibly comfortable with that. Have a nice day.

I now know that you are the type that can't think for themselves and believes everything Goodell and the NFL spew out at you. Good to know for future reference. You sir are an idiot, and I'm definitely comfortable with that.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A Sporting News poll asked 103 NFL players to name the dirtiest guy in football.

The top four dirtiest players in order:

DT Suh 32 votes -- OG Incognito 19 votes -- DB Cortland Finnegan 14 votes -- LB James Harrison 6 votes

Suh is 5.3+ times dirtier than the heavily fined James Harrison...so say the people who play the game.

End of story.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Sporting News poll asked 103 NFL players to name the dirtiest guy in football.

The top four dirtiest players in order:

DT Suh 32 votes -- OG Incognito 19 votes -- DB Cortland Finnegan 14 votes -- LB James Harrison 6 votes

Suh is 5.3+ times dirtier than the heavily fined James Harrison...so say the people who play the game.

End of story.

But but but..... He stated that argument about penalties..........

Suh is extremley dirty, just because he hasn't been flagged doesn't mean he isn't doing dirty things on the field.... A lot of players do and NOT get caught... end of story

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but but..... He stated that argument about penalties
Yes, yes I did. Dismiss it if you'd like.

Has Suh been the poster boy for cleanliness? Absolutely not. He's done some dumb things. But he cleaned up his act last year but the league, and fans like yourselves, still want to cling to that notion.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussion on whether suh is dirty has no relevance to the fact that this hit wasn't anything near dirty. The person who threw the flag and whoever decided on the fine should both be fired.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personal Foul - 2012 - NFL Penalty Stats Tracker - List/Statistics/Data of NFL Penalties - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

There's a link to the personal foul calls against each team for every year. What you find in there might lead you to retract your previous statement. Detroit was tied last year with 5 other teams with only 3 personal foul penalties. And that wasn't even the top number. Baltimore had 11. So maybe you should stop believing what the media is trying to feed you eh?

Or maybe we just got to watch the Lions play the Patriots, and wow those guys are dirty.

No, what's dumb is the poster using the reasoning that bc it's against the rules is why it's dirty.

Are you telling me you can't tell the difference between rules put in place for player safety and procedural rules? Or are you telling me that you don't see why that difference is relevant to a discussion about dirty players?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shit! If It was any other player No one would have even seen a replay. If you believe Suh is dirty that is completely understandable but this play was no more than a low block penalty.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussion on whether suh is dirty has no relevance to the fact that this hit wasn't anything near dirty. The person who threw the flag and whoever decided on the fine should both be fired.

Well apparently it was, and it's not a person that decides it's a group of people, a committee.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they all need fired. That is a football play and a fine for that is on the same scale of absurdity as considering tebow a top 5 NFL QB.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they all need fired. That is a football play and a fine for that is on the same scale of absurdity as considering tebow a top 5 NFL QB.

So you just want to be right huh?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is dirty the NFL is no longer a football league.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is dirty the NFL is no longer a football league.

Okay so it's no longer a league, quit watching. He intentionally blindesided the guy and cut him off at the knees. But hey if you are cool with potentially ending a guys career cause you wanna feel like some toughguy football purist more power to you.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
losing a 100K hurts, i don't know many people that can lose a 100K and not be hurt or upset. I think if the hit would have resulted in an injury it would have been much worse and he would have been suspended for a long time.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so it's no longer a league, quit watching. He intentionally blindesided the guy and cut him off at the knees. But hey if you are cool with potentially ending a guys career cause you wanna feel like some toughguy football purist more power to you.

Wow what a pussy you are. The hit would have been perfectly legal if the rules had not changed this year.

I don't disagree with the rule however. Blocking below the waste is really not necessary in football. Many times you just cant tell if a guy sees you coming and sometimes more than 1 with a hi-lo (which became the illegal chop block a few years back). It can lead to serious injuries.

Still, the incessant whining about this play is pathetic. Clay Mathews mugged Kaeperick when he was so far out of bounds he could have ordered a hot dog and yet no talk of a fine whatsoever. And Mathews has been flagged several times in the last few years for late hits on QBs. I guess until it happens to Manning, Brady, or Rogers then it is no big deal.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a pussy you are. The hit would have been perfectly legal if the rules had not changed this year.

I don't disagree with the rule however. Blocking below the waste is really not necessary in football. Many times you just cant tell if a guy sees you coming and sometimes more than 1 with a hi-lo (which became the illegal chop block a few years back). It can lead to serious injuries.

Still, the incessant whining about this play is pathetic. Clay Mathews mugged Kaeperick when he was so far out of bounds he could have ordered a hot dog and yet no talk of a fine whatsoever. And Mathews has been flagged several times in the last few years for late hits on QBs. I guess until it happens to Manning, Brady, or Rogers then it is no big deal.

:L

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, yes I did. Dismiss it if you'd like.

Has Suh been the poster boy for cleanliness? Absolutely not. He's done some dumb things. But he cleaned up his act last year but the league, and fans like yourselves, still want to cling to that notion.

it will continue to happen. Once you get labeled in any league it stays with you your entire career. Suh will have this forever

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will continue to happen. Once you get labeled in any league it stays with you your entire career. Suh will have this forever

Especially when he keeps providing justification for the title.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read the rules:

Suh violated Rule 12, Section 2, Article 5 (a) of the NFL rulebook which prohibits blocks below the waist by players of either team after a change of possession.

After further review, the correct call was made.

“When you have a guy who people look at as quote-unquote dirty, a play that might not be as dirty could be deemed as such and you’re going to have to deal with the consequences,” (Nate)Burleson said. “So it’s tough. I hope he appeals it because I don’t think that was worthy of being fined $100,000.”

Reap what you sow...

After further review...Repeat offender status...Illegal, unnecessary and potentially career-ending block...appropriate fine applied in the judgment of the NFL.

Without a fine and/or suspension he'll do it again; his character and history is such that he might do it again anyway but the next time it'll be escalated and he'll get bounced for the good of the other players.

The NFL is so worried about Suh that only two NFL employees have ever been fined more; Bill Belichick for Spygate and Ray Lewis for lying to police during a murder investigation.