• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about the civil trial bullshit
In forty states, a person found not guilty of a crime cannot be sued in a civil case for anything to do with what that person was found not guilty. It's considered Double Jeopardy.

We all can believe what ever we wish. The 12 people on that jury all agreed that the state did not prove that he wielded the knife, never proved he was actually at that place at that time. One doubter could have hung the jury and forced a retrial. They all agreed to let him walk.

All of your legal knowledge can't reverse the verdict. This has been argued to the death and nothing changed the outcome. OJ Has to answer to only one and he will render the final verdict.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In forty states, a person found not guilty of a crime cannot be sued in a civil case for anything to do with what that person was found not guilty. It's considered Double Jeopardy.

We all can believe what ever we wish. The 12 people on that jury all agreed that the state did not prove that he wielded the knife, never proved he was actually at that place at that time. One doubter could have hung the jury and forced a retrial. They all agreed to let him walk.

All of your legal knowledge can't reverse the verdict. This has been argued to the death and nothing changed the outcome. OJ Has to answer to only one and he will render the final verdict.
Whether or not he could be held civilly responsible in 40 states doesn't matter a lick. He WAS tried a second time and was found responsible. Best two out of three? Las Vegas said yup, and threw him in jail for nine years.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not he could be held civilly responsible in 40 states doesn't matter a lick. He WAS tried a second time and was found responsible. Best two out of three? Las Vegas said yup, and threw him in jail for nine years.

Don't remember where I saw it but the day that OJ died somebody posted something to the effect of "OJ officially got away with murder".

I laughed my ass off.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't remember where I saw it but the day that OJ died somebody posted something to the effect of "OJ officially got away with murder".

I laughed my ass off.
Convicted? No. Incarcerated for it? No. Spent the rest of his life as a pariah? Yup. Not sure if that qualifies as " got away with it".

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That verdict was in California. Should not count.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That verdict was in California. Should not count.
It doesn't matter. He was convicted in the media and that's all that counted then and today. What anyone believes is totally opinion. No one was there, no one saw anything and the evidence was circumstantial. The jury didn't convict him and I had nothing more than was presented in the days I was able to see anything. I was working most of the time that the trial was being shown.

Do I think he did it? More than likely. Then again, he could have paid someone to do it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter. He was convicted in the media and that's all that counted then and today. What anyone believes is totally opinion. No one was there, no one saw anything and the evidence was circumstantial. The jury didn't convict him and I had nothing more than was presented in the days I was able to see anything. I was working most of the time that the trial was being shown.

Do I think he did it? More than likely. Then again, he could have paid someone to do it.
I should have used green font! :shortbus:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spot on. Lived out his days as a pariah. Went from lavish life style of a multimillionaire to someone who wouldn't starve but couldn't do much with any money he had.

I've seen credible reports with the lead investigators stating there was much more evidence, especially blood evidence that wasn't presented. The evidence was far from circumstantial and the prosecution didn't present it because they thought they presented enough. The investigators were floored stating every prosecutor would be envious...very.

Alas, as you stated, we weren't there we don't truly know.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why admit this? To show how smart he is? It plays like a poker player bragging about a bluff, you never confirm or deny to protect your future actions.