• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Out picking a new floor tile for the soon to be re-demolished Master shower.

First, I wasn't sure which game this actually was.
Second, It was being televised at 3:00 - 6:00 AM
Third, I DVR any NE Patriot replay game for the enjoyment of watching it 7unless I know for sure they lost.
Fourth, This was a very interesting game. Jets were leading 27-17 Patriots toed the game with 2:56 remaining. Defense held. Cam threw two of the best passes he ever threw and the Pats kicked a FG with :03 left and won 30-27

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network had the Patriots at Packers 2022 game last night. I DVR'd it and watched it up to the final 14 seconds so far.

Mac was out with an ankle sprain, Hoyer took a shot to the head and Zappe has played since the first quarter.

I've noticed several things with this 1-2 team.

1. Hunter Henry may be the worst blocking TE in Patriot history. He's guven up 2 sacks and one caused a blindside fumble loss in this game.
2. WRs seemed to be where they were supposed to be and caught the ball
3. Zappe and Patricia had zero problems communicating on the sideline or on the field

We all know that Zappe played the following week and the Patriots won again. The Patriots were 3-2.

Mac came back after the two wins and proceeded to finish the season 5-7 and bitchin' the rest of the way.

It makes me wonder if Patricia was that bad or did we make him out to be much worse than he actually was. Mac for the season was 6-9 and Zappe was 2-0. The team seemed to circle around Zappe and play football. With Mac, they seemed to not be able to get their shit together and we blamed Patricia. If the same thing happens this year, will BOB be the blame or does Mac have a serious mental incapacity dealing with coaches? I'm tending to lean toward the latter.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network had the Patriots at Packers 2022 game last night. I DVR'd it and watched it up to the final 14 seconds so far.

Mac was out with an ankle sprain, Hoyer took a shot to the head and Zappe has played since the first quarter.

I've noticed several things with this 1-2 team.

1. Hunter Henry may be the worst blocking TE in Patriot history. He's guven up 2 sacks and one caused a blindside fumble loss in this game.
2. WRs seemed to be where they were supposed to be and caught the ball
3. Zappe and Patricia had zero problems communicating on the sideline or on the field

We all know that Zappe played the following week and the Patriots won again. The Patriots were 3-2.

Mac came back after the two wins and proceeded to finish the season 5-7 and bitchin' the rest of the way.

It makes me wonder if Patricia was that bad or did we make him out to be much worse than he actually was. Mac for the season was 6-9 and Zappe was 2-0. The team seemed to circle around Zappe and play football. With Mac, they seemed to not be able to get their shit together and we blamed Patricia. If the same thing happens this year, will BOB be the blame or does Mac have a serious mental incapacity dealing with coaches? I'm tending to lean toward the latter.
Or did Patricia step it up and call plays that worked?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It makes me wonder i have a serious mental incapacity

Hunter Henry was our best blocking TE last year. Not good but best of the rest.

You should have watched the rest of the GB game - we lost and were 1 - 3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have watched the rest of the GB game - we lost and were 1 - 3
I did after I wrote the reply. 27-24 Final GB. The finaal Patriots drive in OT started at the 4. Bill and Matt had him to the sideline with a 3 and 4 and wouldn't let him throw the ball. The Pack stacked the line and stopped the run dead. Can't blame that one on Matty. Bill didn't trust the rookie possibly throwing the INT. Great coverage of the three on the sideline. You could see the disappointment in Zappe's face.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did after I wrote the reply. 27-24 Final GB. The finaal Patriots drive in OT started at the 4. Bill and Matt had him to the sideline with a 3 and 4 and wouldn't let him throw the ball. The Pack stacked the line and stopped the run dead. Can't blame that one on Matty. Bill didn't trust the rookie possibly throwing the INT. Great coverage of the three on the sideline. You could see the disappointment in Zappe's face.
First Jimmy Graham was the worst ever blocking TE. Totally over rated.

Not taking anything away from Zappe but look at the competition he played vs Mac. GBs defense was a sieve and he couldn't beat them.

Patricia's offense was the first NFL offense Zappe had to learn.

I'm waiting to see what Mac, BOB and Klemm do.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Jimmy Graham was the worst ever blocking TE. Totally over rated.

Not taking anything away from Zappe but look at the competition he played vs Mac. GBs defense was a sieve and he couldn't beat them.

Patricia's offense was the first NFL offense Zappe had to learn.

I'm waiting to see what Mac, BOB and Klemm do.
Not to get too deep into a discussion of one game of history, but the plan was to run the ball down the Pack's throat. It was working, but as always, the coaches think that switching horses in the middle of a race is a good idea. When it doesn't work, they try to get back on the first horse that has cooled down and can't get back in the race. Zappe had started out shaky but his last ten passes he was 7/10 for 112 yards. Third and four pass might have gotten them a first down and who knows. Bailey's 50 yard punt set the Packers up in perfect field position.

Bad coaching decision from the top down.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Judon is always running his mouth about players he likes, means nothing. I have reached the point where I am fed the hell up with the DHOP banter. We don't need to get older on offense, nor do we need a player with injury history.

DHOP please sign with some damn body so we can this crap.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Judon is always running his mouth about players he likes, means nothing. I have reached the point where I am fed the hell up with the DHOP banter. We don't need to get older on offense, nor do we need a player with injury history.
It's the only way Judon can get attention in the offseason and the only way that Newspapers can sell. Newpapers have lost 60% of daily home delivery sales over the past five years. They're having a hard time getting on line subscription for $1 for the first three months. No one want to pay $14.99 for a year's worth of crap on line and have their email address sold to seven hundred mailing list mailers.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the only way Judon can get attention in the offseason and the only way that Newspapers can sell. Newpapers have lost 60% of daily home delivery sales over the past five years. They're having a hard time getting on line subscription for $1 for the first three months. No one want to pay $14.99 for a year's worth of crap on line and have their email address sold to seven hundred mailing list mailers.
Not really seeing the tie in here. The demise of the news paper has been taking place for decades now. It was bound to happen.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DHOP please sign with some damn body so we can this crap.
I'd rather talk about DHop then baseball.

Baseball sucks.