• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Pickleball which seems to be the rage now.

Fake ping pong on a tennis court?? Fell asleep in three minutes trying to watch on ESPN.
Yeah that's just dumb. I just watched the ND vs Duke Lacrosse championship that was a lot of fun. I use to play but never at the level of those dudes

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had two days of spending the money that grows on that stupid cash tree out next to the Pecan Tree.

1. Complete HVAC system being installed tomorrow.
2. Next Thursday will have the electrician installing the hookup to the Circuit breaker panel for the Emergency portable generator
3. Next Friday will be having underground drainage system installed to keep the lanai and possibly the great room from flooding

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had two days of spending the money that grows on that stupid cash tree out next to the Pecan Tree.

1. Complete HVAC system being installed tomorrow.
2. Next Thursday will have the electrician installing the hookup to the Circuit breaker panel for the Emergency portable generator
3. Next Friday will be having underground drainage system installed to keep the lanai and possibly the great room from flooding
Seems like a lot of work for a house you just purchased

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a lot of work for a house you just purchased
We knew that the HVAC was ticking time bomb. Like buying a house up north where the furnace is a 2005 system that's never had regular service. The capacitor was making a screeching noise and we knew that this was just the beginning.

The former owner had rented the house to different people for 12 years. Renters aren't going to pay a couple grand for a generator and a permanent hookup.

The drainage system will prevent extreme rain from pooling and topping over the walkway into the lanai. The walkway was raised an inch and run away from the house but even after redoing the back and trying to alter the back yard, the natural contour has attempted to return itself to its natural position and now has created swales that during extreme rain, tend to be come small ponds. The french drains with connections to the gutter downspouts will run the water away from the house to the far edge of the property line and create a spray into a city owned drainage canal.

I had one guy give me an estimate for a new HVAC system that had every bell and whistle that I didn't really need. I would pay $300 a month for a lease program and never have to pay for anything. It's a 10-year program. For someone that doesn't have the cash up front, it's a savior. But $36,000 for an HVAC system that you don't own?? Mentally, that's like going to a gunfight with a water pistol.

For me, it's money well spent. Don't have to worry about anything, especially two hurricanes like last year and having to throw out two refrigerator/freezers full of food. Or having an HVAC system shit the bed when we're in the middle of a 10 day heat wave where it's 97 at bedtime and I can't get a tech because I'm not on anyone's preferred customer program.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knew that the HVAC was ticking time bomb. Like buying a house up north where the furnace is a 2005 system that's never had regular service. The capacitor was making a screeching noise and we knew that this was just the beginning.

The former owner had rented the house to different people for 12 years. Renters aren't going to pay a couple grand for a generator and a permanent hookup.

The drainage system will prevent extreme rain from pooling and topping over the walkway into the lanai. The walkway was raised an inch and run away from the house but even after redoing the back and trying to alter the back yard, the natural contour has attempted to return itself to its natural position and now has created swales that during extreme rain, tend to be come small ponds. The french drains with connections to the gutter downspouts will run the water away from the house to the far edge of the property line and create a spray into a city owned drainage canal.

I had one guy give me an estimate for a new HVAC system that had every bell and whistle that I didn't really need. I would pay $300 a month for a lease program and never have to pay for anything. It's a 10-year program. For someone that doesn't have the cash up front, it's a savior. But $36,000 for an HVAC system that you don't own?? Mentally, that's like going to a gunfight with a water pistol.

For me, it's money well spent. Don't have to worry about anything, especially two hurricanes like last year and having to throw out two refrigerator/freezers full of food. Or having an HVAC system shit the bed when we're in the middle of a 10 day heat wave where it's 97 at bedtime and I can't get a tech because I'm not on anyone's preferred customer program.
Some unsolicited advice:
1) never connect the downspouts to a french drain - run seperate lines
2) do not use corrugated pipe - use PVC or polystyrene.
3) consider mini-splits for AC
4) $36,000? What are you living in> Hearst Castle? Damn, that's expensive!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some unsolicited advice:
1) never connect the downspouts to a french drain - run seperate lines
2) do not use corrugated pipe - use PVC or polystyrene.
3) consider mini-splits for AC
4) $36,000? What are you living in> Hearst Castle? Damn, that's expensive!
As I mentioned in the past I have done a complete remodel, house is roughly 1550sq ft. The old air handler was an air handler / closet in the middle of the house. It was in a big cube air handler on one end closet on the other. It seperated the kitchen from the front room of the house where you enter. I knocked out the entire cube and moved the air handler to the garage, ran all new duct and vents added return vent, brand new Bryant Condenser ( which is a Carrier with different badging) $9980.00

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure...for a second at the very least.
Yeah, I wouldn't trade him either. But for an early to mid #2, I may be persuaded? That would be a hard offer to turn down.

Who says Jones is looking over his shoulder? More media hype. Jones is getting the first team reps and it's not even training camp.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. Zappe is going nowehere, DHOP is not coming to NE. What might the next media spin be? "Gronk and Brady return to Pats"?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. Zappe is going nowehere, DHOP is not coming to NE. What might the next media spin be? "Gronk and Brady return to Pats"?
Links??

Easy Reb. None of us are privy to anything. Right now, the odds in Vegas are 50:50 on DHop landing in New England. We know you don't want him on the Patriots, but Bill will do whatever Bill wants to do. And if he thinks that signing DHop to 3 year/$90M contract will significantly help the team, Bill will sign DHop to a 3 year/$90M contract, regardless of what anyone else thinks. We all know that Bill will do what he wants to do and doesn't have to answer to the public or the media. He answers to the Krafts and right now they're giving him as much leeway as possible to recover and improve the Patriots from the 2022 disaster. We may not like what he's done, but he doesn't give a rat's ass what we think.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus has no influence.
It's the offseason.
He won't step in until the third or fourth preseason game.

Until then both Jones and Zappe are trade bait and DHop is at the Logan Hertz counter as I type.
I think it's a contract he's got in his hand...maybe he's reviewing it?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Links??

Easy Reb. None of us are privy to anything. Right now, the odds in Vegas are 50:50 on DHop landing in New England. We know you don't want him on the Patriots, but Bill will do whatever Bill wants to do. And if he thinks that signing DHop to 3 year/$90M contract will significantly help the team, Bill will sign DHop to a 3 year/$90M contract, regardless of what anyone else thinks. We all know that Bill will do what he wants to do and doesn't have to answer to the public or the media. He answers to the Krafts and right now they're giving him as much leeway as possible to recover and improve the Patriots from the 2022 disaster. We may not like what he's done, but he doesn't give a rat's ass what we think.
No link. I am sick and damn tired of the DHOP banter, and have not seen one legit sourcing. Trading Zappe makes zero sense, with teams allowed to carry an extra QB who could we possible get worth a shit to replace him if Mac went down?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No link. I am sick and damn tired of the DHOP banter, and have not seen one legit sourcing.
I posted a pick last week of DHop...?
Trading Zappe makes zero sense, with teams allowed to carry an extra QB who could we possible get worth a shit to replace him if Mac went down?
Isn't Brady free? He could be a serviceable back up for a couple games anyway...Our defense should be good enough that all he would need to do would be really not lose the game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No link. I am sick and damn tired of the DHOP banter, and have not seen one legit sourcing.

The rest of us have two choices????????

1. Don't discuss anything that @YankeeRebel doesn't want to hear or talk about.
2. Discuss anything that we want to discuss and express our opinions and hope @YankeeRebel doesn't take offense.

or

3. Hope that @YankeeRebel puts us on "Ignore" and doesn't take offense to things being discussed that he's not seeing.

Not trying to be an asshole, but as you and others have previously said to me. "If you don't like what you see, ignore it and don't argue it to death."

DHop and Zappe are daily news items all over the Boston Channels. They are especially talked about on Early Edition, Boston Sports Tonight, BST Friday and Sports Sunday. That and whether or not Christian Gonzalez has the attitude to be a starter or be great. We can put thirty links a day about DHop and the possibility of him either signing with NE or signing elsewhere. The media will put anything that sells up front. Like trading Jalen Brown or giving him an NBA Max Contract. None of it will end until something happens or another story has more clicks. WE are all subject to the media and what WE think and they tell us are often polar opposites. We have the Hoop. They have everything else, including known names and television cameras.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus has no influence.
It's the offseason.
He won't step in until the third or fourth preseason game.

Until then both Jones and Zappe are trade bait and DHop is at the Logan Hertz counter as I type.
I think it's a contract he's got in his hand...maybe he's reviewing it?
Awe shit it was just the car rental contract

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No link. I am sick and damn tired of the DHOP banter, and have not seen one legit sourcing. Trading Zappe makes zero sense, with teams allowed to carry an extra QB who could we possible get worth a shit to replace him if Mac went down?
I'm tired of it too. It's our lot in the off season.
Teachers take time off when school is out for summer.
Why can't we lay off the reporters during the off season?

I sadi we got the best QB in the draft last year. I'm happy with MAC but also happy with Zappe (yes I'm a poet)