• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted a pick last week of DHop...?

Isn't Brady free? He could be a serviceable back up for a couple games anyway...Our defense should be good enough that all he would need to do would be really not lose the game.
GR8 Now everyone will be talking about Brady's return.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of us have two choices????????

1. Don't discuss anything that @YankeeRebel doesn't want to hear or talk about.
2. Discuss anything that we want to discuss and express our opinions and hope @YankeeRebel doesn't take offense.

or

3. Hope that @YankeeRebel puts us on "Ignore" and doesn't take offense to things being discussed that he's not seeing.

Not trying to be an asshole, but as you and others have previously said to me. "If you don't like what you see, ignore it and don't argue it to death."

DHop and Zappe are daily news items all over the Boston Channels. They are especially talked about on Early Edition, Boston Sports Tonight, BST Friday and Sports Sunday. That and whether or not Christian Gonzalez has the attitude to be a starter or be great. We can put thirty links a day about DHop and the possibility of him either signing with NE or signing elsewhere. The media will put anything that sells up front. Like trading Jalen Brown or giving him an NBA Max Contract. None of it will end until something happens or another story has more clicks. WE are all subject to the media and what WE think and they tell us are often polar opposites. We have the Hoop. They have everything else, including known names and television cameras.
Well fuck there has not been one viable link, not one reliable source. Shit is stupid and get's old as fuck, might as well banter back and forth about finger banging your third grade crush.

I get they are talking about Gonzo and the "Spectacular One Hand Grab" that just about every WR and most Corners in the league can make". It was amazing how he pulled that off with no one on him, looked very staged to me. The only talk I have heard about Zappe is that he is where he should be still holding the clipboard.

And all of this is media bullshit that you and other seem to soak the fuck up. FInd something anything more meaningful to fill your time.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of it too. It's our lot in the off season.
Teachers take time off when school is out for summer.
Why can't we lay off the reporters during the off season?

I sadi we got the best QB in the draft last year. I'm happy with MAC but also happy with Zappe (yes I'm a poet)
I get that it's the offseason and of course the media is going to spin wild tales with nary a fact, I get that. But the way Pats fans respond to it and keep responding to it, shit they want to believe it so bad they started rationalizing it.

Shit I will be so Happy when DHOP signs with somebody, then all they'll have to hand their hats on is trading Zappe

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball sucks.
Slow and boring.
In person it's almost tolerable, but other than that.... no.

I was always a Redsox fan when I lived in MA. Then I kinda let baseball go when I moved to L.A. My 9 y.o. kid is a baseball nut so I kinda started getting back into it and now we go to the Dodgers every couple of weeks and are addicted to it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always a Redsox fan when I lived in MA. Then I kinda let baseball go when I moved to L.A. My 9 y.o. kid is a baseball nut so I kinda started getting back into it and now we go to the Dodgers every couple of weeks and are addicted to it.
If my son liked baseball...I would love baseball and take him to as many games as possible.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers? Do you let your son watch the tranny "nuns" use the cross for a dance pole? Fuck the Dodgers!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers? Do you let your son watch the tranny "nuns" use the cross for a dance pole? Fuck the Dodgers!

Sorry but I find your comment to be incredibly stupid and ignorant though you've always struck me as an intelligent and thoughtful person. My kid loves the Dodgers and I'm not forcing politics onto him.

WTF are they supposed to do? This whole gay/tranny thing has become a giant unavoidable beast. They're handling it the best they can.

And no, we're not attending pride night due to my son only being 9 and not needing to see any of that. But that's actually none of your fucking business.

29 of 30 teams have pride night and your favorite team is one of them.

p.s. the average nun eats pussy. Just saying.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I find your comment to be incredibly stupid and ignorant though you've always struck me as an intelligent and thoughtful person. My kid loves the Dodgers and I'm not forcing politics onto him.

WTF are they supposed to do? This whole gay/tranny thing has become a giant unavoidable beast. They're handling it the best they can.

And no, we're not attending pride night due to my son only being 9 and not needing to see any of that. But that's actually none of your fucking business.

29 of 30 teams have pride night and your favorite team is one of them.

p.s. the average nun eats pussy. Just saying.
Apologies for dumping this on you. I applaud your devotion to your son.
I let my disghust of that whole "thing" leak into a conversation I should not have.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies for dumping this on you. I applaud your devotion to your son.
I let my disghust of that whole "thing" leak into a conversation I should not have.

Thanks man. I sincerely appreciate that. And I get it. Totally. Like I said, we're avoiding that night. Black Heritage night and Mexican Heritage night we attend with great pleasure(Mexican Heritage night is the bomb).

There is a part of me that feels for Dodgers management. There's a whole lotta people who have opinions and they're not willing to negotiate so a team is stuck making a decision that a lot of people aren't going to like no matter what that decision is.

Thanks dude!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grandson was a baseball nut at 9. He was playing in Little League and the 70 pitches a week rule had just been implemented. At 9, he had a blistering 55 mph fastball that no one could catch up with, so they made him an RP. He had cannon arm and could field any infield position. They wanted to "protect" his arm and made him sit on the bench when not pitching. So he decided to learn how to throw a slider and a curve ball. His team was in the top of the 9th and throwing heat, pitch after pitch. The best hitter on the other team is up and the count is 0-1 and Kev throws at 40 mph hook and the batter nearly screws himself into the ground swinging at pitch about eight feet in front of him and never catch up the the heat on the third pitch. The only other position that they would let him play was RF. He played basketball and football until college and has never picked up a baseball since 2011.

Hopefully your son will still be playing when he's in college at 21 years. My grandson is still in school getting an ABA in HVAC and Refrigeration and putting in those ID wires in hundred dollar bills before they go to the printer. Yep, those colored diagonal lines in all new 100's are wires and now you know who puts them there. Fuck baseball.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodger Dogs I attended a game there once. I was stationed at Ft. Irwin had a friend was a big baseball fan he wanted a co driver so I went.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodger Dogs I attended a game there once. I was stationed at Ft. Irwin had a friend was a big baseball fan he wanted a co driver so I went.
I was a Dodger fan as a kid. Lived in San Luis Obispo - halfway between LA and SF. Newspaper I worked for was 1/2 Dodger fans and 1/2 Giants fans. It was a baseball town.
One day Giants and Dodgers were playing on TV and the adults drew straws to decide who would deliver the papers (and miss the game) Hanks was 400 pounds and a SF fan - and mean! He lost.
Upon returning, the 1st thing he said was "who won?) I blurted out that SF had pitched a one-hitter!
Nobody had the guts to tell him that LA had pitched a perfect game!
For some reason, he never liked me after that!