• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This article is funny. It seemed clear that while toes were inbounds his heels were out of bounds and unless I'm wrong, the whole foot is accounted for when determining if a foot is in or out. This does bring up a different question: Why is it that if he had been turned the other way and the tops of his foot were out of bounds it would have been complete?
Pretty sure the whole foot does not matter. How many times have we seen the toe tap on the side line and the WR falls out of bounds?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the whole foot does not matter. How many times have we seen the toe tap on the side line and the WR falls out of bounds?
That's kind of the riddle here. A toe tap forward is acceptable, but a toe tap backwards is not. That means a toe tap with the heel hovering over the sideline with the heel coming down after (without a hop) is deemed out of bounds. However, while facing forward we've seen plays where a receiver's toes touch then the rest of the foot (the top) hits out of bounds yet that's acceptable.

This is a discussion. I don't claim to know the distinction or even if there is a contradiction between the feet being forward or backwards. I could be when a receiver fall forward they are usually dragging the toes and the drag completes the process, but falling backwards usually has no other action other than the heel landing. Maybe if Thornton was "dragging his feet" the catch would have counted? Just guessing, but I'd say probably not.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of the riddle here. A toe tap forward is acceptable, but a toe tap backwards is not. That means a toe tap with the heel hovering over the sideline with the heel coming down after (without a hop) is deemed out of bounds. However, while facing forward we've seen plays where a receiver's toes touch then the rest of the foot (the top) hits out of bounds yet that's acceptable.

This is a discussion. I don't claim to know the distinction or even if there is a contradiction between the feet being forward or backwards. I could be when a receiver fall forward they are usually dragging the toes and the drag completes the process, but falling backwards usually has no other action other than the heel landing. Maybe if Thornton was "dragging his feet" the catch would have counted? Just guessing, but I'd say probably not.
Yeah I get that, it's a conundrum. The heels don't =make contact before the toes and if the toes are in with possession, I think it's a catch.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This article is funny. It seemed clear that while toes were inbounds his heels were out of bounds and unless I'm wrong, the whole foot is accounted for when determining if a foot is in or out. This does bring up a different question: Why is it that if he had been turned the other way and the tops of his foot were out of bounds it would have been complete?
They have been routinely calling this on similar plays this year. Consistent but F'd up.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get that, it's a conundrum. The heels don't =make contact before the toes and if the toes are in with possession, I think it's a catch.
I hear ya and I don't "know" the exact rule but twice recently I've seen rules analysts specifically point out that if the toes come down inbounds first, but the heels follow through and hit down then by rule it's not a catch. Of course I'm paraphrasing and the explanation was limited to the exact motion of the heels being up, then directly coming down and not other actions like the toes sliding prior to the heel touching or a toe hop before the heel touching. However those two calls seem in line with what Thornton executed.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took the wifes Civic in for an oil change, she had a coupon and wanted to go to Honda. Here is the stupid news. They stated it was time to change the four plugs I said okay give me the quote. I shit you not $460.00 WT Holy F????? You know that NGK plugs will be about $8.00 each

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took the wifes Civic in for an oil change, she had a coupon and wanted to go to Honda. Here is the stupid news. They stated it was time to change the four plugs I said okay give me the quote. I shit you not $460.00 WT Holy F????? You know that NGK plugs will be about $8.00 each
Those coupons should really be called "bait".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not mechanically inclined but don't you just pop off the coil pack extract the old plug and screw in the new one?
Ya gotta make sure that they are set right. Today, most come preset. Dealers charge on an hourly chart basis. $460 is a bit over the top for changing six plugs. That's about $70+ a plug total.. My guess is that they were charging you about $30 a plug ($180) Looks like about 3 hours labor ($300). Take it to a local one man garage and you'll pay $100-$150 and be supporting a local business.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya gotta make sure that they are set right. Today, most come preset. Dealers charge on an hourly chart basis. $460 is a bit over the top for changing six plugs. That's about $70+ a plug total.. My guess is that they were charging you about $30 a plug ($180) Looks like about 3 hours labor ($300). Take it to a local one man garage and you'll pay $100-$150 and be supporting a local business.
4 plugs it's a civic

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That was so repugnant my eyes started to burn just reading it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 plugs it's a civic
Sorry thought you might have the bigger one. $460 for 4 plugs is $120 a plug. That's absolute bullshit.

I had two protector panels replaced on my Escape. They run the entire length of both sides of the car and protect everything underneath. 2 hours labor and the two panels cost me $260 in Palm Coast at the Ford dealership. Honda is ridiculous.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry thought you might have the bigger one. $460 for 4 plugs is $120 a plug. That's absolute bullshit.

I had two protector panels replaced on my Escape. They run the entire length of both sides of the car and protect everything underneath. 2 hours labor and the two panels cost me $260 in Palm Coast at the Ford dealership. Honda is ridiculous.
Yes they are, and we have owne the 6 cyl Accord in the past she wanted the Civic for gas mileage.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

I am not mechanically inclined but don't you just pop off the coil pack extract the old plug and screw in the new one?
As far as I know you usually have them changed as part of a tune up and the cost is built into the cost of the tune up.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy right? I did not get it done, I have a guy.
When I lived in Hanford, Ca, I needed plugs changed, I had a similar experience.
I took it to a shop on the outskirts of town a mechanic did it for $150 _ V-8 ford pickup!
He washed the frigging truck before I picked it up!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I know you usually have them changed as part of a tune up and the cost is built into the cost of the tune up.
In that respect, $460 is fair for labor and parts to include 4 plugs, 4 wires, and 4 coils.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy right? I did not get it done, I have a guy.
Yeah, best to go to independent mechanic who knows the brand, after warranty expires. That said, spark plug change is pretty easy task for DIY if you have the tools and like doing that stuff.

Even the oil change is easy, but again, need the tools and some sort of a ramp to do it properly.