• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of family history, my brother has been digging into others for a few years.

He's traced us all the way back to 1060.

Our first member of the family was a partner of one William Wallace in the mid 1600's. He was an enemy of Olive Cromell and was captured by the English in the Battle of Dubar. Cromwell want to kill him but couldn't because he was married to a woman named Elizabeth Stuart. She had a first cousin by the name of Mary. Yep, Mary queen of Scots. Of course the family name was shortened. Cromwell figured he punish him and her by send them to the new world. The rest is history.

Going to go to Scotland within the next year and see the estate that they had to leave behing. And see if I might have any claim to it since I'm the oldest surviving family member.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference though.
Every couple of years I can fantasize about hitting it big and building a house next to Brady on Billionaires Bunker.

I have no dreams about santa.
Maybe if you had been a good boy Santa would have brought you that programmable calculator you wanted in the eighth grade, It may have inspired you to buckle down and finish tops in your class, leading you to that MIT scholarship. Then you would have earned your way next to Brady...

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's start an offshoot discussion of what we might do if we met Santa. There's only a slight difference between the likelihood that either of these events would happen which is still less likely than every super model moving to a single deserted island and only inviting @cheerupcharlie to pleasure them.
Only if they were Plus Size Models! I got a slight chub thinking about this scenario.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if you had been a good boy Santa would have brought you that programmable calculator you wanted in the eighth grade, It may have inspired you to buckle down and finish tops in your class, leading you to that MIT scholarship. Then you would have earned your way next to Brady...
Maybe if I was a good boy my parents would have been able to afford a calculator???

Yeah, no. That math doesn't add up.

Santa brought me what I really wanted and needed. A jacket for the northern New England winter.

A programmable Casio wasn't going to cut, split, stack and load the furnace with 36 cord of wood, now was it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All thing being equal, you end up with about what you say. If you really want to screw the Lottery and Unca Sam, you take the annuity which will pay you a little over $50M a year. U.S. can try to grab 30% but I'd give it to St Jude's as a donation and write it off. Every friggin year.

Oh yeah, I'd legally set up the BK and wife Estate and hand over the winning ticket with the estate as the winner. Ain't dying and leaving the left overs to the lottery.
That makes zero sense. If you give 30% away you still need to pay taxes on the remaining 70%. Instead of paying the 30% in taxes and being left with 70%, you'd be giving away 30%, then paying 21% in taxes and being left with 49%.

Being charitable is a good thing, but it's not a device to help build wealth.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be heading to my brother's in Chatanooga for the Thanksgiving Holiday. I plan to be back next Saturday.

I'm going to put up the Vikings and Bills game threads. Be a good place to comment after today's games and the short span between turkey and on Thursday and hopefully T-Bones on the grill.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be heading to my brother's in Chatanooga for the Thanksgiving Holiday. I plan to be back next Saturday.

I'm going to put up the Vikings and Bills game threads. Be a good place to comment after today's games and the short span between turkey and on Thursday and hopefully T-Bones on the grill.
Put them up tomorrow!

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellow Patriots fans...

I'm going to be headed to my brother's girlfriends little sisters house in Chubbuck idaho for Christmas. I'm going to put the Patriots/Bengals match-up on the 24th of December up so we can chat.

Probably be on a 6 game win streak with talk of Mac Jones as league MVP and Patricia getting Head Coaching offers from at least a dozen teams.

Hope everyone has a great Xmas!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were a week early!
Nothing wrong with setting up game threads early. You need to calm down, and let the energy flow. Gives us time to talk about the games and provide insights.

If anything, kudos @BigKen for keeping the juices flowing.

BTW, hope you are recovering well Ken after the health thing you shared.

Go Pats!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with setting up game threads early. You need to calm down, and let the energy flow. Gives us time to talk about the games and provide insights.

If anything, kudos @BigKen for keeping the juices flowing.

Go Pats!!
meh....