• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been great and I wouldn't bad mouth them. I've made mistakes that could never be corrected or made over. Important thing is to learn from them and not make the same one again.
So I got the call this morning.

Countertops to be installed on the 31st.

Plumber coming out on the first to hook up dishwasher, faucet , new stops, etc. On the 1st

I leave for New Hampshire on the 3rd

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're already on the network. LOL
I know my data has been mined.
That doesn't mean I have to make it easy for them.

I have never been on face book. On my work computer or my home computer.
But...everytime my wife changes her password, my work email gets a notification.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my data has been mined.
That doesn't mean I have to make it easy for them.

I have never been on face book. On my work computer or my home computer.
But...everytime my wife changes her password, my work email gets a notification.
LOL

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got the call this morning.

Countertops to be installed on the 31st.

Plumber coming out on the first to hook up dishwasher, faucet , new stops, etc. On the 1st

We're thinking about totally re-landscaping our back yard. Emptying and retiling the pool and jacuzzi, installing new landscape lighting, tearing up the concrete patio and replacing it, removing and replacing four large palm trees with fruit trees, new back fence, and then a bunch of minor landscaping shit. And the one thing stopping me from pulling the trigger is the thought of coordinating all this shit and not losing my mind in the process.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're thinking about totally re-landscaping our back yard. Emptying and retiling the pool and jacuzzi, installing new landscape lighting, tearing up the concrete patio and replacing it, removing and replacing four large palm trees with fruit trees, new back fence, and then a bunch of minor landscaping shit. And the one thing stopping me from pulling the trigger is the thought of coordinating all this shit and not losing my mind in the process.
Yeah well good luck not losing the mind.

To date I have

Removed three trees

Put a new 400 drainfield in

New 12 x 20 shed with electricity

Removed old Air Handler from inside the house to the garage, brand new A/C with brand new duct

Ran natural gas to the house and added the gas line drops in the house

New Generator, Tankless Water Heater, Stove, Dryer

Gutted and remodeled two bathrooms to make them walk in showers, porcelain tile floor to ceiling.

Gutted and remodeled the kitchen

14 surface mount LED pan lights installed

Two new doors plus storm doors

Painted house ceiling to baseboard

Ripped out all the old carpet

Added window to laundry room.

Still have to:

Level the floors

New LVP floors through out

New Baseboards through out

New Closet doors

Think thats about it. Probably forgot something.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where abouts are you going? I assume north of Manchester and Concord like the last time?

The only thing I miss at this time of year is the color. Hated all of the colorful leaves on my lawn.

Been cold up there. 36 yesterday morning. My two sister inlaws live in Scarborough, ME and they've been blistered with incredible rain and temps in the 30s.

One iof them is having brain surgery on the 1st. She has a benign tumor pressuring her front lobe about the size of a mature peach. My wife was going to go up but I'm having a heart procedure on the 2nd and don't know if I'll be staying at the Orlando VAMC or waking up and being able to drive home.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To date I have

Removed three trees

Removed old Air Handler from inside the house to the garage, brand new A/C with brand new duct

Gutted and remodeled two bathrooms to make them walk in showers, porcelain tile floor to ceiling.

Still have to:

Level the floors

New Closet doors

Holy shit dude. No thanks.

When my kid graduates in 9 years I'm retiring and me and the wife are getting a condo near the ocean somewhere and I ain't touching a goddamned thing no matter what she says.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where abouts are you going? I assume north of Manchester and Concord like the last time?

The only thing I miss at this time of year is the color. Hated all of the colorful leaves on my lawn.

Been cold up there. 36 yesterday morning. My two sister inlaws live in Scarborough, ME and they've been blistered with incredible rain and temps in the 30s.

One iof them is having brain surgery on the 1st. She has a benign tumor pressuring her front lobe about the size of a mature peach. My wife was going to go up but I'm having a heart procedure on the 2nd and don't know if I'll be staying at the Orlando VAMC or waking up and being able to drive home.
Jackson.

My dad lives in Rochester and turns 90 on the 7th of Nov so we are all sneaking up there for a surprise B Day

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my kid graduates in 9 years I'm retiring and me and the wife are getting a condo near the ocean somewhere and I ain't touching a goddamned thing no matter what she says.
I’ve got a small single family house here in Delaware. We’re right on a tidal marsh. They mow the lawn and put down fertilizer. I grill and make breakfast. That’s the way I like it, too.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To date I have

Removed three trees

Still have to:

Level the floors

New Closet doors

Roof?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck to you and you SIL and safe travels for the wife.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I was still in business. I could take care of all of this for you and I was very good. When I looked at most of my “competitors” you can imagine my dismay. One good thing coming out of California was good landscape contractors.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Nov. 8, I have a landscaping coming. Cutting down five tree, ripping out bushes, installing a 4' paver walkway at the back of the house, tearing out all of the crap, including all of the lawns. I'll probably throw a couple of hissy fits and a few pavers.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to address this a few weeks back never got to it.

Media Emasculation: Few weeks ago Aikmen made the comment " When are they going to take the dresses of the QBs". I found zero issues with this, the Around The Horn made a deal of it and the media ran with it. Aikmen as we know is a former NFL player, and QB. This is a man's game, with grown ass men and they play and comment like men. I am so sick and tired of feeling like everything needs four extra layers of thought before anyone say's anything. We all know we can't and never should use disparaging comments like {racist word}, Spick, Mick, Dago, etc that shit is just wrong and has no place in society. But this as I said is a man's game, aint no dresses out there, aint no ladies out so if these chicks are offended honestly fuck them, don't watch. I wish Aikmen had come out and I said " I am un-apologetically male, I played this game, I know how the men out there react, I did nothing wrong an owe no apology to anyone."