• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Monday. Surgery is completed. Went smooth as silk. I can't lift or carry anything for 10 days. Good thing we're driving to Florida tomorrow and Wednesday.
Glad to hear your surgery was successful.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Monday. Surgery is completed. Went smooth as silk. I can't lift or carry anything for 10 days. Good thing we're driving to Florida tomorrow and Wednesday.
Be safe. Just an FYI not sure you take 95 all the way down, I like to go through Hartford think its 84 West Around Hartford then 81 S at Scranton much more scenic drive 95 sucks

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be safe. Just an FYI not sure you take 95 all the way down, I like to go through Hartford think its 84 West Around Hartford then 81 S at Scranton much more scenic drive 95 sucks
Nothing against NJ, but it's just boring to drive through.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
95 is a straight shot. Will probably do the ugly but faster. Did84-81 to chatanooga in Dec. and it was much nicer than 95 home.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear Ken

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
95 is a straight shot. Will probably do the ugly but faster. Did84-81 to chatanooga in Dec. and it was much nicer than 95 home.
95 saves about two hours but as you said it's ugly and I hate the tolls in Jersey.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good timing. I-95 later in the weak is a nightmare. I used to visit a girlfriend in Buffton, SC right on the Georgia border, every weekend.
On Thursday I could drive from Charlotte to the Ga, SC line in 3 hours.

Went on Friday one time. Huge backup, - barely moving.

Huge backup. Drove on the shoulder and passed literally hundreds of cars. When I got to the front, it was 2 minivans with Jersey plates driving side by side. They were talking to each other on the phone. 45 mph on 95!

I imagined that they were telling each other how bad the traffic was!
There was not a car on the road in front of them for many miles.
I assume they usually take the subway and once a month figure out how to get the minivan started to head to Florida.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good timing. I-95 later in the weak is a nightmare. I used to visit a girlfriend in Buffton, SC right on the Georgia border, every weekend.
On Thursday I could drive from Charlotte to the Ga, SC line in 3 hours.

Went on Friday one time. Huge backup, - barely moving.

Huge backup. Drove on the shoulder and passed literally hundreds of cars. When I got to the front, it was 2 minivans with Jersey plates driving side by side. They were talking to each other on the phone. 45 mph on 95!

I imagined that they were telling each other how bad the traffic was!
There was not a car on the road in front of them for many miles.
I assume they usually take the subway and once a month figure out how to get the minivan started to head to Florida.
I 95.
Have to time it so you go through DC before noon.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driveh through CT and NYC was a nightmare. Rain and two accidents. Finally broke clean in NJ and hit another snag in Baltimore. Can't believ tye accdents. Once we got to VA and coud drive above 70 it 2as a breeze. 13 hours yesterday and 9 more today.

Not looking forward to the drive home

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driveh through CT and NYC was a nightmare. Rain and two accidents. Finally broke clean in NJ and hit another snag in Baltimore. Can't believ tye accdents. Once we got to VA and coud drive above 70 it 2as a breeze. 13 hours yesterday and 9 more today.

There is a less traveled alternative route available to you

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a less traveled alternative route available to you
It never stops to amaze me that I encounter the same thing every time I drive that stretch yet every other driver is an agitated asshole tailgating like they are the only one doing it and an accident will never happen to them. If it's like that every time I'm there, it's like that every day and nobody learns from what happened the days before.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It never stops to amaze me that I encounter the same thing every time I drive that stretch yet every other driver is an agitated asshole tailgating like they are the only one doing it and an accident will never happen to them. If it's like that every time I'm there, it's like that every day and nobody learns from what happened the days before.
One of the things I love about my Outback is the Adaptive Cruise Control Feature. I set the car length clearance I want the speed ans Ms, Stella (The Outback) does the rest. If someone enters that distanced gap the vehicle automatically brakes to keep the distance, if the traffic slows from set speed say 80 down to 20 it adjusts the speed and gap. If traffic comes to a stop the car stops and resumes travel when the cars in front of me move.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So...too late to take I-84 to I-81 then and let the longer slower route save some time?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I love about my Outback is the Adaptive Cruise Control Feature. I set the car length clearance I want the speed ans Ms, Stella (The Outback) does the rest. If someone enters that distanced gap the vehicle automatically brakes to keep the distance, if the traffic slows from set speed say 80 down to 20 it adjusts the speed and gap. If traffic comes to a stop the car stops and resumes travel when the cars in front of me move.
I use Google, never liked cruise control of any kind.
Google tells me of any speed traps, accidents, traffic slow downs etc. and always reroutes me if there is a quicker way. I love it and even use it for the 30 minute trip to Nashville.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use Google, never liked cruise control of any kind.
Google tells me of any speed traps, accidents, traffic slow downs etc. and always reroutes me if there is a quicker way. I love it and even use it for the 30 minute trip to Nashville.
I have navigation which also informs me, came with the car I think it's Tom Tom, or as I like to call it Lost Lost, it never seems to be correct. I bitch to Subaru about they said to scan for updates, which I did state there were none. I use Waze for the most part.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only significant accident in 50+ years of driving?
On an open 4-lane highway with zero traffic on a blue sky day.
Cruise control set to 80.
Hit a water puddle on the otherwise dry freeway from a prior passing shower.
Water slowed the vehicle, cruise control accelerated in the puddle.
Spun 20 times after hitting the guardrail, finally stopping abruptly on the final spin by backing into the guardrail.
Changed the shape of my head - that can't be good!
Covered in blood at the hospital, the nurses asked me why I was laughing? What is so funny?
I'm alive!