• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...while we are on the subject...

I moved to TN in '04. Shortly after I got here a friend of mine I had grown up with moved to TN a couple hours away. Up until that point, whenever I was in VT I took the time to visit him. We talked a number of times the first few years we were in TN, always when I called him. After a number years of reaching out every couple of months to talk for an hour and the conversation ending with him saying "hey, we need to get together, I'll give you a call" and him never giving me a call, I stopped.

This friend and I had spent many a day, afternoon, evening, weekend, summer...drinking as we grew up from an early age. As many of you know I gave that up more than 28 years ago. He quit 3 to 5 years before I did.

Fast forward to this past Friday, my wife got a facebook message forwarded to her from an old friend who said that an old friend in TN was in the hospital and may be dying. So I started to search my first old friend out, making a number of calls to disconnected numbers, dead end google searches, phones that just rang and rang. I finally got in touch with someone who got in touch with someone who had his sisters number.

Saturday, I was at my daughters soccer tournament and I got a call from his sister. Yes, he was dying and might not live a few days, I should come see him. He was only an hour away.

So I went. He had fallen off the wagon 10 or so years ago and had essentially drank himself to death. He saw me and recognized me and was glad to see me, which was basically 15 minutes out of my 2 1/2 hour visit then he was to exhausted to speak. It was really great to see his mother and two sisters though and I had a great visit with them. It seems their opinion is that he never reached out to me because his wife hated everything about their old life.

But the divergence of our lives after we quit drinking was poignant.

I am not rich, but I am successful. Good job, great wife with a good job, great middle of the road house with two great middle of the road vehicles and two great top of their class kids. I am truly blessed when I look at my wife and kids and their accomplishments.

I moved to TN to chase work and stability for my family.
It turns out, he moved to TN to run from his demons, that caught him anyway.

Thanks you.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...while we are on the subject...

I moved to TN in '04. Shortly after I got here a friend of mine I had grown up with moved to TN a couple hours away. Up until that point, whenever I was in VT I took the time to visit him. We talked a number of times the first few years we were in TN, always when I called him. After a number years of reaching out every couple of months to talk for an hour and the conversation ending with him saying "hey, we need to get together, I'll give you a call" and him never giving me a call, I stopped.

This friend and I had spent many a day, afternoon, evening, weekend, summer...drinking as we grew up from an early age. As many of you know I gave that up more than 28 years ago. He quit 3 to 5 years before I did.

Fast forward to this past Friday, my wife got a facebook message forwarded to her from an old friend who said that an old friend in TN was in the hospital and may be dying. So I started to search my first old friend out, making a number of calls to disconnected numbers, dead end google searches, phones that just rang and rang. I finally got in touch with someone who got in touch with someone who had his sisters number.

Saturday, I was at my daughters soccer tournament and I got a call from his sister. Yes, he was dying and might not live a few days, I should come see him. He was only an hour away.

So I went. He had fallen off the wagon 10 or so years ago and had essentially drank himself to death. He saw me and recognized me and was glad to see me, which was basically 15 minutes out of my 2 1/2 hour visit then he was to exhausted to speak. It was really great to see his mother and two sisters though and I had a great visit with them. It seems their opinion is that he never reached out to me because his wife hated everything about their old life.

But the divergence of our lives after we quit drinking was poignant.

I am not rich, but I am successful. Good job, great wife with a good job, great middle of the road house with two great middle of the road vehicles and two great top of their class kids. I am truly blessed when I look at my wife and kids and their accomplishments.

I moved to TN to chase work and stability for my family.
It turns out, he moved to TN to run from his demons, that caught him anyway.

Thanks you.
Thanks YT - I read every word and it reads like a book or screen play. Great introduction which in only a few words painted a vivid picture. Great transition to current events and again "the search for your friend" paints a vivid picture of your inner conflict. Then your conclusion that really doesn't state a moral to the story, but sets up each of us to find our own moral.

Your path isn't unique, and I claim a similar path... however I think we are a minority. Unfortunately more of the world might follow your friends path....

I'm going to change the context of that last sentence. Much of the world was shown their path and followed it, probably the majority to success. Then there's those of us that started with little direction, and while aimless at time, used grit and perseverance to latch onto success whenever it appeared. Finally we have the aimless who just had a hard time latching to responsibility.

I'm a little jealous of those who were shown the way, but overall way more satisfied by the path I took and my result.

I'll tip a scotch for you. You can trust it'll be just the one, and the only one that week (while some moron laughs at me for be a light weight).

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks YT - I read every word and it reads like a book or screen play. Great introduction which in only a few words painted a vivid picture. Great transition to current events and again "the search for your friend" paints a vivid picture of your inner conflict. Then your conclusion that really doesn't state a moral to the story, but sets up each of us to find our own moral.

Your path isn't unique, and I claim a similar path... however I think we are a minority. Unfortunately more of the world might follow your friends path....

I'm going to change the context of that last sentence. Much of the world was shown their path and followed it, probably the majority to success. Then there's those of us that started with little direction, and while aimless at time, used grit and perseverance to latch onto success whenever it appeared. Finally we have the aimless who just had a hard time latching to responsibility.

I'm a little jealous of those who were shown the way, but overall way more satisfied by the path I took and my result.

I'll tip a scotch for you. You can trust it'll be just the one, and the only one that week (while some moron laughs at me for be a light weight).
Thank you for reading, thank you for understanding, and thank you for the reply.
Also, thank you for the criticism. Maybe I'll join BK as a writer one day.

And enjoy the scotch, knowing that I can appreciate that there is a difference between enjoying a scotch and drinking scotch.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imagine that... It's news to people that Brady controls his own narrative. This is as stupid as anything ever posted here.

Among my favorites was the time Brady had the MAGA hat "accidently" in view...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really "Stupid" news, but subjective, clickbait off season time killing kinda stuff...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really "Stupid" news, but subjective, clickbait off season time killing kinda stuff...

Still looking for 1 - 40...
You didn't look very hard. There are links in there to four other pages for 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 and 31-40...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize my wife was on the hoop with a strange pen name....
You are the one who said "Still looking...." and if that's acting like your wife then almost everybody here acts like your wife, or is everyone here actually your wife?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just created a second transaction thread. I did the first one this morning, drove the wife to Maine. Came back. turned on the computer and when I opened SportsHoopla it was still there not posted and said that it needed a title. So instead of checking the Pats board, I typed in a title and . Voila!! Two identical threads. Sorry guys and gals.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just created a second transaction thread. I did the first one this morning, drove the wife to Maine. Came back. turned on the computer and when I opened SportsHoopla it was still there not posted and said that it needed a title. So instead of checking the Pats board, I typed in a title and . Voila!! Two identical threads. Sorry guys and gals.
The as long as no one posts in the second one it will drop out of relevancy. It does create a dilemma: You could put a post in the one you don't want and it will warn others to not use it, but it will also keep it relevant. You could also put a post in the correct one which would put it to the top and increase the likelihood that only it will be used.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The as long as no one posts in the second one it will drop out of relevancy. It does create a dilemma: You could put a post in the one you don't want and it will warn others to not use it, but it will also keep it relevant. You could also put a post in the correct one which would put it to the top and increase the likelihood that only it will be used.
See, now if were truly my wife I would go bump them both...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to get away?

saints-every-reason-explore-trade-210803033.html

ravens-n-keal-harry-130602173.html

lions-pursue-235505206.html

acksonville-could-020829216.html

chiefs-new-england-patriots-nkeal-harry-trade-pros-cons/

vikings-fit-wr3

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before BB considers apologizing for every decision he made "in the best interest of the team", answer this: How many coaches would have stuck with Brady when Bledsoe was healthy. What if he went with Bledsoe and Bledsoe played fantastically but lost a close game to the Raiders in the snow?

What if BB caved to Lawyer Malloy, then the next player and the player after that?

BB has made so many good calls that it ain't fair to ask for apologies for the ones that didn't work out.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck is Steven Sheehan?

Content Editor for @bpnutrition. Staff Writer for @SportsCasting19. Two-time @UF Grad. Former @UFRugby captain now with @okapiwanderers.

I love op-eds. Especially when an idiot who's never been outside of Florida is given a headline on Muck Rack.

He's been the front man in too many scrums.