• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been driving since 1967 and I swear, I've never seen rain like that when I've been behind the wheel. It was as if someone was pouring a giant bucket of water on the windshield and the wipers were useless. The visibility was so bad that I had to slow to about 25 mph because I could barely see the car in front of me tail lights which were on. What are normally puddles were small ponds and driving into them was like slamming on the brakes. It took me 90 minutes to go 18 miles on the way out of Mertyl Beach. The first leg to Baltimore took me from 11:15 am until 9:30 pm and that was only 550 miles. The last 453 miles were peachy until I hit Connecticut. I decided not to take the Mrrit from 95 to Hartford and then cut across to 495 N. I figured I'd take 91 to Hartford nd then get on 84 and cut across Mass. The 91 exit had a multi =car accident and the off traffic was backed up in two lanes almost a mile. No choice, had to drive to Providence, RI on 95 and then swing up to 3 to Manchester. That was an extra 50 miles out of the way.

The most painful?

New Jersey pike from entry out of Penn. to NY = $16.05
George Washington Bridge = $16.00

You damn well better have EZ Pass by September because they've built all new exits and it's EZ Pass only. The cameras will get your plate and send to the toll plus a processing fee.
So back in the 70's in Silicone Valley, they started all the camera shit.
Used to enjoy running the toll booths and stoplight cameras knowing they could not get a picture of my license plates.
Always wanted to be a fly on the wall when they looked at the pictures of us running through while flipping the bird at the camera!
So chjldish!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So back in the 70's in Silicone Valley, they started all the camera shit.
Used to enjoy running the toll booths and stoplight cameras knowing they could not get a picture of my license plates.
Always wanted to be a fly on the wall when they looked at the pictures of us running through while flipping the bird at the camera!
So chjldish!
I've got a "Friends Of the Smokies" Commemorative license plate. One of the originals. It is very hard to read with the dark letters on the multi colored dark background. MUCH harder to read then what it looks on the image below. They have since changed it to the bottom image because of the difficulty of reading them. I got these plates, one on the rear of my wifes Grand Cherokee, one on my SHO, because I read a report that said the dark letters on dark backgrounds were the hardest for license plate scanners to decipher. I then put an infrared shield on top of that that unless you are straight on obscures the plate number even more to the naked eye and is supposed to block license plate scanners even more.

1628185283317.png

1628185428289.png

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a "Friends Of the Smokies" Commemorative license plate. One of the originals. It is very hard to read with the dark letters on the multi colored dark background. MUCH harder to read then what it looks on the image below. They have since changed it to the bottom image because of the difficulty of reading them. I got these plates, one on the rear of my wifes Grand Cherokee, one on my SHO, because I read a report that said the dark letters on dark backgrounds were the hardest for license plate scanners to decipher. I then put an infrared shield on top of that that unless you are straight on obscures the plate number even more to the naked eye and is supposed to block license plate scanners even more.

My license plate was somehow damaged on my truck.
More strategic damage than this. For example, the middle of the eight would disappear and you have a zero? Or the top right dissapears and you have a 6. Once every couple of years an enthusiastic could would make me get a new plate.
Once the fix-it ticket was signed off, we would have a sling shot party!

1628186231358.png

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been driving since 1967 and I swear, I've never seen rain like

Two years ago on July 4th weekend my wife and I were riding my motorcycle from Vegas to Los Angeles and got caught in the craziest fucking hail storm. The temp went from 110 degrees to what felt like 40 and then back to 110 degrees 20 minutes later. The hail was insane. It was the craziest ride of my life and we still talk about it all the time.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driven that route sooo many times I have, literally, done it in my sleep.
Like, I woke up from the g force as I was merging onto 84.
Scared the fuck out of me.
Now, I get sleepy, I pull over for a cup of coffee and a 20 minute nap
I assume you get a 20 min nap then the cup of coffee

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years ago on July 4th weekend my wife and I were riding my motorcycle from Vegas to Los Angeles and got caught in the craziest fucking hail storm. The temp went from 110 degrees to what felt like 40 and then back to 110 degrees 20 minutes later. The hail was insane. It was the craziest ride of my life and we still talk about it all the time.
Hail it the worst on a bike. Like you said, no warning and boom. I was on a highway in New Hampshire (no helmet state) and in an instant it felt like I was on the receiving end of a full auto shotgun. Was doing 75 and I didn't know to face it or tip my head down. That smarts.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on a country road in South Carolina when I got caught in a tornado. I could not see at all.
It was raining inside my new truck with all the windows closed. I could feel the wind pushing my truck towards the edge of the road ( I was stopped with foot on brake)
When tornado passed and I could see, I found myself on the edge of a clff with no guardrail!

Living on the edge!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on a country road in South Carolina when I got caught in a tornado. I could not see at all.
It was raining inside my new truck with all the windows closed. I could feel the wind pushing my truck towards the edge of the road ( I was stopped with foot on brake)
When tornado passed and I could see, I found myself on the edge of a clff with no guardrail!

Living on the edge!

That's fucking nuts. But a good story to tell.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My license plate was somehow damaged on my truck.
More strategic damage than this. For example, the middle of the eight would disappear and you have a zero? Or the top right dissapears and you have a 6. Once every couple of years an enthusiastic could would make me get a new plate.
Once the fix-it ticket was signed off, we would have a sling shot party!

View attachment 276690
That's a Thai license plate from Bangkok Province.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you get a 20 min nap then the cup of coffee
No.
It takes 15-20 minutes for caffeine to really start to have an effect.
By they time I'm ready to pull over my cheap ass "Keep liquids hot for 24 hours" thermos has let the coffee cool off to a point where I can down it pretty easy. As long as you can put the psychosomatic thoughts behind you and fall asleep quickly .
Kick back, snooze for 20, phone goes off, go walk around the car few times. Presto. Good to go.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that my brain kicks into high gear when I absolutely have to get to sleep because I absolutely have to get up at a ridiculously early hour?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that my brain kicks into high gear when I absolutely have to get to sleep because I absolutely have to get up at a ridiculously early hour?
Because it's been so many decades since you've kicked it out of high gear with a good bourbon???

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems Stupid To Me?

The author is clearly a low paid fucking troll looking for clicks and comments to get paid something. He's probably paid on clicks and comments alone, if he's even paid at all. Here, I'll fix it for him:

Week 1- vs. Miami Dolphins — WIN
Week 2- @ New York Jets — WIN
Week 3- vs. New Orleans Saints — WIN
Week 4- vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — LOSS(though I'm a bit torn on this one and simply needed to find another loss for them)
Week 5- @ Houston Texans — WIN
Week 6- vs. Dallas Cowboys — WIN(Big win)
Week 7- vs. New York Jets — WIN
Week 8- @ Los Angeles Chargers — WIN
Week 9- @ Carolina Panthers — WIN
Week 10- vs. Cleveland Browns — LOSS(same here. Could easily be a win)
Week 11- vs. Atlanta Falcons — WIN
Week 12- vs. Tennessee Titans — LOSS
Week 13- @ Buffalo Bills — LOSS
Week 14- BYE WEEK
Week 15- @ Indianapolis Colts — WIN
Week 16- vs. Buffalo Bills — WIN
Week 17- vs. Jacksonville Jaguars — WIN
Week 18- @ Miami Dolphins — LOSS(sitting starters)

I could've given them more wins but didn't want to come off as a complete homer. I think they'll beat Cleveland but gave them a loss to balance it out.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The author is clearly a low paid fucking troll looking for clicks and comments to get paid something. He's probably paid on clicks and comments alone, if he's even paid at all. Here, I'll fix it for him:

Week 1- vs. Miami Dolphins — WIN
Week 4- vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — LOSS(though I'm a bit torn on this one and simply needed to find another loss for them)
Week 5- @ Houston Texans — WIN
Week 6- vs. Dallas Cowboys — WIN(Big win)
Week 8- @ Los Angeles Chargers — WIN
Week 9- @ Carolina Panthers — WIN
Week 14- BYE WEEK
Week 15- @ Indianapolis Colts — WIN
Week 16- vs. Buffalo Bills — WIN
Week 18- @ Miami Dolphins — LOSS(sitting starters)

I could've given them more wins but didn't want to come off as a complete homer. I think they'll beat Cleveland but gave them a loss to balance it out.
That seem generous to me

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1- vs. Miami Dolphins — Loss ( To many new pieces one less pre season game questions at QB division rival)
Week 4- vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — LOSS
Week 6- vs. Dallas Cowboys — WIN
Week 8- @ Los Angeles Chargers — Win
Week 9- @ Carolina Panthers — Win
Week 14- BYE WEEK
Week 15- @ Indianapolis Colts — Loss
Week 16- vs. Buffalo Bills — Loss
Week 18- @ Miami Dolphins — Win