• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Patriots are really hoping a LT emerges in this draft to pair with their QB Maye. Unfortunately bad Tackle draft incoming. Maybe best tackle in the draft went down with injury last week during the OSU/Oregon game and the next guy on the list in Kelvin Banks Jr. of Texas is getting destroyed today by Georgia.
I think there are good Tackles available in the upcoming draft. Problem could be we need all of them!
We have other needs too, besides the O-line. This year, players that were solid are now starting to fade.
Not sure where to start after the O-line.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are good Tackles available in the upcoming draft. Problem could be we need all of them!
We have other needs too, besides the O-line. This year, players that were solid are now starting to fade.
Not sure where to start after the O-line.
Unfortunately for the Pats, this is looking like one of the weaker draft classes in recent history.

If I owned NE, I would start by overpaying for the best FA tackle available. Overpaying may be the only way to get a quality tackle in here. He doesn't have to be a problem he just needs to be decent.

Then move onto the draft. Trade down for sure. Someone like a Peyton or Jerry Jones type will want the kid from Colorado who can play both sides of the ball. Or someone will want to get into the top 4 to get Sanders.

The two top OL are predicted to go 6-10. I'd take either with the first pick. Since the draft is a crap shoot, I'd want that FA OT I mentioned for insurance. Can't risk putting all the chips in and draw dead if the kid is a bust. Two decent tackles allows Owenu to shift back to G. Can Strange and Andrews also come back? That would be a decent line.

If we traded our top pick we should have two 2nd round picks. With so many holes to fill I'd go best available here.

3rd through 6th round could find us a gem? I want a DT, RB, TE and FB and C.

I think when healthy the D can be pretty solid. Losing Peppers sucks but it can be overcome with a healthy Barrmore and Bentley.

Build the trenches and go a little ground and pound and even our WRs should be ok. Especially if Polk can figure things out. Henry and Maye have seemed to have found a connection. This bolds well going forward.

As always the draft will be fun to see what NE does. Oh and even after signing and Overpaying for an OT there will still be money left. I'm still hoping that's been the plan all along.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for the Pats, this is looking like one of the weaker draft classes in recent history.

If I owned NE, I would start by overpaying for the best FA tackle available. Overpaying may be the only way to get a quality tackle in here. He doesn't have to be a problem he just needs to be decent.
Music Video Throwing Money GIF

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then move onto the draft. Trade down for sure. Someone like a Peyton or Jerry Jones type will want the kid from Colorado who can play both sides of the ball. Or someone will want to get into the top 4 to get Sanders.

The two top OL are predicted to go 6-10. I'd take either with the first pick. Since the draft is a crap shoot, I'd want that FA OT I mentioned for insurance. Can't risk putting all the chips in and draw dead if the kid is a bust. Two decent tackles allows Owenu to shift back to G. Can Strange and Andrews also come back? That would be a decent line.

If we traded our top pick we should have two 2nd round picks. With so many holes to fill I'd go best available here.

I think when healthy the D can be pretty solid. Losing Peppers sucks but it can be overcome with a healthy Barrmore and Bentley.

Build the trenches and go a little ground and pound and even our WRs should be ok. Especially if Polk can figure things out. Henry and Maye have seemed to have found a connection. This bolds well going forward.

As always the draft will be fun to see what NE does. Oh and even after signing and Overpaying for an OT there will still be money left. I'm still hoping that's been the plan all along.
Damn auto correct it was supposed to be pro bowler not a problem.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,249.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings released WR N’Keal Harry.
Harry was a first-round pick by the Patriots who has never caught more than 33 passes in a season and hasn’t brought in a reception since 2022. Someone will likely give him a chance on the practice squad because of his 6-foot-4 size, but his chances of ever making a fantasy impact are slim and none.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That does seem to be the consensus around the league coming from both teams and draft people. You know it is going to be a rough draft when RB might be the strongest position in the draft. I do like some of the edge/IDL players but not sure any of them are jumping off the page like a Quinnen Williams type of talent.

There is still a lot of football to be played and the testing might change some opinions, but for right now I could see this as being a teams wanting to trade up more so than trade down kind of draft.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so stupid, but frustrating.

As most of you know, I've been having a swimming pool installed in my back yard.

If you've never been through it, let me tell you, it can be unnerving.

6/4 Signed the contract and put down $6600 binding down payment. Told the pool would be done in mid September.
07/24 Yard is "surfaced and leveled, The hole is dug. Lawn gets completely destroyed out back and on the right side of the house removing the soil.
Rain for two and a half weeks.
08/24 Pool form is set and pool shell is sprayed
Week of curing and rain. Pool half fills with rain and ground water
09/24 Forms are set for concrete area surrounding the pool.
More rain.
09/24 Pool finisher installs the decorative tile around the top of the pool shell.
09/24 Concrete floor is poured
09/24 Lanai Tiles are jackhammered away.
09/24 First layer of acrylic is applied.
2 Hurricanes.
10/24 Filter and water heater installed
10/21/24 Electricians hook up filter and heater

10/23/24 Hoping the bird cage guys show up to install the cage that surrounds the entire pool area.

Every bit of the above work is done manually except the concrete mixing. It's no wonder that a really good pool costs $75,000. That and every step is done by a different subcontractor that does only one part of the pool's construction. Every day of rain sets every subcontractor back two days on their schedule and yours. City electrical inspection.

Remaining things on my pool:

Cage
Drain and acid wash pool shell.
Resurface concrete shell
Apply base coat of pool shell
Apply final coat of acrylic and sealer to surfaces around the the pool.
Apply pool liner
Pool School for the owners. Then with the owners......
1. Fill the pool
2. Set chemical balance
3. Run system non-stop 24 hours
4. Final City Inspection.
5. Make the final $20,000 payment after final walk around.
6. Take the first swim.

My guess? If we don't have another hurricane. #6 will happen around November 15.

Bleach............to kill the millions of tadpoles and mini frogs
$1000 for new lighting for the entire pool area and new outlets for entertaining.
$600 for a new 55" TV and adjustable support so I can watch football games from the pool.
I don't even want to think about the patio furniture and chaise loungers that I'll be paying for.

Thanks for listening. (Reading)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As most of you know, I've been having a swimming pool installed in my back yard.

6/4 Signed the contract and put down $6600 binding down payment. Told the pool would be done in mid September.
07/24 Yard is "surfaced and leveled, The hole is dug. Lawn gets completely destroyed out back and on the right side of the house removing the soil.
More rain.
09/24 Pool finisher installs the decorative tile around the top of the pool shell.
2 Hurricanes.

10/23/24 Hoping the bird cage guys show up to install the cage that surrounds the entire pool area.

Every bit of the above work is done manually except the concrete mixing. It's no wonder that a really good pool costs $75,000. That and every step is done by a different subcontractor that does only one part of the pool's construction. Every day of rain sets every subcontractor back two days on their schedule and yours. City electrical inspection.

Cage
Resurface concrete shell
Apply pool liner
1. Fill the pool
2. Set chemical balance
6. Take the first swim.

My guess? If we don't have another hurricane. #6 will happen around November 15.

$1000 for new lighting for the entire pool area and new outlets for entertaining.
$600 for a new 55" TV and adjustable support so I can watch football games from the pool.
I don't even want to think about the patio furniture and chaise loungers that I'll be paying for.

My dad always told me the two things you don't buy but find friends that have them is a pool and a boat. You get to enjoy them without all the headache that comes with it all. Sorry this has been a nightmare situation, but hopefully soon you will finally get to enjoy that pool.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More rain.
2 Hurricanes.

Cage
Resurface concrete shell
Apply pool liner
1. Fill the pool
2. Set chemical balance
6. Take the first swim.

You have all that money to spend!
My heart pumps piss for you!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have all that money to spend!
Wife and decided that we will not leave money to our kids and deprive ourselves of what we want to enjoy in our lives.
They can fight over a 3/4 million dollar house that we leave. BTW, All that money come from home equity that will take the next three years to pay off. Ain't rich, just know how much I can spend and how not to become broke.

Haven't finished giving the contractor his final $20,000 and I've already reduced the debt on what I have given him by $5000. All in the control of how money is credited and debited.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be stupid, may be a rumor...Tom Brady now owns 5% of the Raiders.

His first official act as a Raiders Front Office? Recommend that the Raiders His Bill Belichick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be stupid, may be a rumor...Tom Brady now owns 5% of the Raiders.

His first official act as a Raiders Front Office? Recommend that the Raiders His Bill Belichick.

I wonder how he feels about Belichick though. At one point Belichick was ready to move on from Brady to start Jimmy G and that plan got shut down by Kraft. And part of Brady wanting to leave was him wanting more say in the personnel around him compared to what he was getting in New England.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how he feels about Belichick though. At one point Belichick was ready to move on from Brady to start Jimmy G and that plan got shut down by Kraft. And part of Brady wanting to leave was him wanting more say in the personnel around him compared to what he was getting in New England.
All that was way overblown.

What Belichick did not want was to get caught with no QB like he did in 2019 so he was always looking to draft a QB who could step right in if Brady retired or got injured. It's always a gamble, especially when a QB starts getting older. Sure, Brady said he wanted to play until he was 45, but at 35 he was at the age where most QB's start to decline. BB would have been a fool not to have a replacement ready to go. And even Brady admitted that having a backup as good as Jimmy G drove him to play better.