• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.......

Have you ever had a vaccine react badly?

I've had hundreds o shots of every type for everything from polio to yellow fever.

Yesterday the VA gave me the second of two shots for Shingles. It knocked the living shit out of me last night and into this morning. It seemed to have sucked out every ounce of water in my head and my body felt like ten guys beat me with wood baseball bats. I went to bed at 9:00 PM , woke up at 11:00 and could not get back to sleep.

I guess I'm just saying. that idf you had chicken pox as a kid, you probably don't need a Shingles vaccine. Just be ready if you do get the two phase Shingles Vaccine.

Note. I had shingles once. Never experience pain like that before or after. So bad that I could not wear any kind of a shirt for three weeks.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.......

I've had hundreds o shots of every type for everything from polio to yellow fever.

Yesterday the VA gave me the second of two shots for Shingles. It knocked the living shit out of me last night and into this morning. It seemed to have sucked out every ounce of water in my head and my body felt like ten guys beat me with wood baseball bats. I went to bed at 9:00 PM , woke up at 11:00 and could not get back to sleep.

I guess I'm just saying. that idf you had chicken pox as a kid, you probably don't need a Shingles vaccine. Just be ready if you do get the two phase Shingles Vaccine.

Note. I had shingles once. Never experience pain like that before or after. So bad that I could not wear any kind of a shirt for three weeks.
Wow that sucks. All I got was a sore arm when I got them.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.......

I believe they say now that if you had chicken pox you are more susceptible to getting shingles.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.......

I had the Shingles Shots series, and it was a bitch.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question.......

Correction.
Whether or not you had chickenpox as a kid, you need a shingles vaccine.
Herpes Zoster does not go away. It hibernates in your nerves all your life.
If it wakes up and you do not have the vaccine, you will get shingles!

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pussies.

I got a Shingles shot directly into my dick. Not a single problem. I think I even got some later that day.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I thought you were more susceptible if you didn't have the pox.
I had German Measles as a kid and they almost killed me. Never had chicken pox even though my brother and sister did, and I never had mumps. My grandson was living with us when he got the mumps and I got the vaccine.

Thanks for the imput.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son in law is the VP of Inventory Control for Guitar Center

Seriously? I know all of those guys pretty well. Is he in Westlake Village? I have meetings at their main office every Monday.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? I know all of those guys pretty well. Is he in Westlake Village? I have meetings at their main office every Monday.
Nope. He works out of his house in Temple, TX. I'd say he's at HQ once a month and visits any place where they have on hand inventory.

He's also their expert at designing and installing home theatres. He did Jiohn Henry's and Jeff Laurie's home theatres. He was working for Maverick when he did them. Maverick was bought by Guitar Center about five or seven years ago.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already read it.
Belichick said questions about how this mistake occurred — and why it wasn’t remedied earlier in the game — should be directed toward the NFL. Teams do not manage their own kicking balls, which have different PSI regulations than those used on standard plays.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I thought you were more susceptible if you didn't have the pox.
I had German Measles as a kid and they almost killed me. Never had chicken pox even though my brother and sister did, and I never had mumps. My grandson was living with us when he got the mumps and I got the vaccine.

Thanks for the imput.
They used to tell people that if they got chicken pox they would not get Shingles later in life.

People used to put all the kids together, if one got chicken pox, all your friends and cousins got chicken pox too.
One of those old wives tales that was just wrong.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cudos to whoever gave you that. It ain't easy to hit a small target.
Magnify Rick Moranis GIF

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They used to tell people that if they got chicken pox they would not get Shingles later in life.

People used to put all the kids together, if one got chicken pox, all your friends and cousins got chicken pox too.
One of those old wives tales that was just wrong.
"Up to 20% of shingles episodes involve nerves of the head, where the infection can affect various parts of the eye, including the eyelid, the eye surface, and the deeper portions of the eye. Viral infection of the eye can cause pain, drainage, redness, and sensitivity to light. In some cases it can lead to vision impairment, including blindness."

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Up to 20% of shingles episodes involve nerves of the head, where the infection can affect various parts of the eye, including the eyelid, the eye surface, and the deeper portions of the eye. Viral infection of the eye can cause pain, drainage, redness, and sensitivity to light. In some cases it can lead to vision impairment, including blindness."
Fuck that.