• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stranger Things

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 episodes to go, pretty solid

I think it'll get season 4 based on popularity, but if they do, I really think they need to end it. 5 is max, but these kids will be pretty old by then from when it started

Agree with rest, episodes 4-6 have been good, 1-2 were "meh".

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 episodes to go, pretty solid

I think it'll get season 4 based on popularity, but if they do, I really think they need to end it. 5 is max, but these kids will be pretty old by then from when it started

Agree with rest, episodes 4-6 have been good, 1-2 were "meh".

There will 100% be a season 4. I would stop at 4 as well.

It’s not going longer than 5 seasons tho. That much has pretty much been stated already.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not the American.

So that's totally Hopper right?

Most likely Hopper but a backup theory I have is that it could be "Papa" from Season 1. Last season they hinted that he might still be alive. It could also related to how the Russians knew to go to Hawkins. Either way I'd say Hopper is still alive.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only real disappointment was Billy. I get there was a “pay off”. But I think there wasn’t so much more they could have done with him moving forward. Also, he’s pretty far and away the best actor of any of the kids/young adults.

I was really hoping Billy would survive but instead of being completely redeemed like they did with Steve, he remained a bully and an abusive step-brother when things were normal. Only when up against the real bad guys of the show, he sides with the good guys.

The thing about Billy too is that he really only interacted with 3 characters from the main cast (Max, Steve, and Mrs. Wheeler) before getting mind flayed. There was that one time he attacked Lucas before Steve stepped in but that was it. He didn't have a single on-screen interaction with Jonathan or Nancy before getting mind flayed.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping Billy would survive but instead of being completely redeemed like they did with Steve, he remained a bully and an abusive step-brother when things were normal. Only when up against the real bad guys of the show, he sides with the good guys.

The thing about Billy too is that he really only interacted with 3 characters from the main cast (Max, Steve, and Mrs. Wheeler) before getting mind flayed. There was that one time he attacked Lucas before Steve stepped in but that was it. He didn't have a single on-screen interaction with Jonathan or Nancy before getting mind flayed.

Yeah it was disappointing to me.

They implied deeper family issues late in S2 that would explain why he’s such a dick.

But all they did in S3 was expand on it slightly more as a means to give an easy way for him to “snap out of it” and sacrifice himself.

They coulda had him live and then really build on the plot.

Like I said he’s the best actor of the bunch too, so it woulda added a lot to see it developed more rather than used more as an easy out for the main plot

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it was disappointing to me.

They implied deeper family issues late in S2 that would explain why he’s such a dick.

But all they did in S3 was expand on it slightly more as a means to give an easy way for him to “snap out of it” and sacrifice himself.

They coulda had him live and then really build on the plot.

Like I said he’s the best actor of the bunch too, so it woulda added a lot to see it developed more rather than used more as an easy out for the main plot

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering now that Billy is gone if Steve is going to go after Mike's mom. :scratch:

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wrapped up season 3.

Thought it was well done and sets season 4 up nicely.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is season 4 arc is about El getting her powers back. Was nice they just didn't repeat and have her save the day. I would be surprised if the "american" isn't Hopper

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is season 4 arc is about El getting her powers back. Was nice they just didn't repeat and have her save the day. I would be surprised if the "american" isn't Hopper
My guess is that they just call him the "American" because they probably didn't know if they could get David Harbour for another season.

The other thing you have to remember is the Russians were given Dustin's full name during the interrogation of Steve and Robin. The American could be Dustin...although its probably Hopper.

The last episode of Season 3 reminded me of a middle of the pack MCU movie. Its definitely a shift in tone from season 1 and season 2 but it was still alright. The Billy scene is weird when put in the same context as the Neverending Story scene.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that they just call him the "American" because they probably didn't know if they could get David Harbour for another season.

The other thing you have to remember is the Russians were given Dustin's full name during the interrogation of Steve and Robin. The American could be Dustin...although its probably Hopper.

The last episode of Season 3 reminded me of a middle of the pack MCU movie. Its definitely a shift in tone from season 1 and season 2 but it was still alright. The Billy scene is weird when put in the same context as the Neverending Story scene.
as for Harbour, with the success of Hellboy, that shouldn't be an issue.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I’m the only one.

But at the end there, I got a vibe there may be a Steve/Robin connection

She might end up stepping in the other batters box

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, don't see that happening.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they'd get a ton of flack for that.

LGBTQ really just stands for LGT.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'd get a ton of flack for that.

LGBTQ really just stands for LGT.

Sad but true

Show is already getting flack for too much smoking of cigs for God’s sake.

And then that rancid Evan Rachel Wood hot take.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was nice they just didn't repeat and have her save the day.
Yeah, probably would have made it easier for everyone involved though. Maybe saved a life or two.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...yle/evan-rachel-wood-calls-jim-130000864.html

What an absolute idiot. Shouldn’t be allowed to act again, clearly doesn’t understand anything.

Man society has gone to shit with all this Me too bullshit.

Why does she feel the need to say anything? His character isn't perfect. We get it. That's what makes him an interesting character. Kind of like Delores on Westworld.

I find his behavior annoying at times too but what the fuck ever. It's a TV show. I've known girls that have dated much much worse than this guy.

But yeah just forget about the fact he risked his life repeatedly to save Joyce's son and his friends. :L

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does she feel the need to say anything? His character isn't perfect. We get it. That's what makes him an interesting character. Kind of like Delores on Westworld.

I find his behavior annoying at times too but what the fuck ever. It's a TV show. I've known girls that have dated much much worse than this guy.

But yeah just forget about the fact he risked his life repeatedly to save Joyce's son and his friends. :L

It's absurd. It's the equivalent of saying Alf was held captive and abused by the Tanner family cuz they wouldn't let him eat their cat or be seen in public.

Yup. That retarded.