• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stranger Things

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I find it funny that the kids playing Mike and Eleven are the ones relatively "blowing up" and that Will was barely a part of S1.

The kid who plays Will is by far the best actor of the kids.

Agree about the kid who plays Will being the best of the kid actors. I guess part of the reason he might not be considered as big of a star is that he wasn't in Season 1 very much. I actually think the 3 Byers' characters might all be among the best actors on a show that has some really good acting.

I saw the IT remake before seeing a single episode of Stranger Things. I really didn't like Mike's character in that movie. I found him and a couple of the other kids to be super annoying, so when I saw he was in this I wasn't a huge fan of his character right off the bat. I'm not sure what it is about him. Something about his mannerism or something just really annoy me. That doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad actor though, but I don't consider him one of the better actors on the show. Acting aside I found his character really annoying this season after sort of warming up to him by the end of the first season. I get why he had an irrational dislike for Max and how it obviously all had to do with how he missed Eleven, but that seemed to drag on way too long. And then as mentioned freaking out at Hopper? Ugghhhhh! Again, we get it. He really cares for and probably even loves Eleven. Fine! But shouldn't he be more happy about the fact that she not only returned to his life and is healthy but she just saved his life and most of the lives of most of the people he cares about? Instead he dwells on the fact that Hopper hid her from him and everyone else (with very good reason that he should be able to understand). Let's just forget about the fact that among everything else Hopper had done for him and his friends, he traveled to another fucking dimension to bring his best friend "back from the dead". It just seems like they tried too hard to show much he cares for Eleven and the process made him look like a complete jackass!

As for the kid who plays Eleven, I think she does a pretty good job. It's kind of hard to compare her to others because she plays a very odd character. It seems like that would be a lot more challenging in some ways.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're being a little hard on Mike's character's reaction when 11 comes back. Or, to be more specific, you're expecting him to act like a (rational) adult instead of a kid who hasn't hit puberty yet.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're being a little hard on Mike's character's reaction when 11 comes back. Or, to be more specific, you're expecting him to act like a (rational) adult instead of a kid who hasn't hit puberty yet.

I don't expect him to behave like a rational adult at all. To be honest, I've learned not to expect most adults to behave rationally a lot of the time either. But there's irrational behavior that can be expected at times and irrational behavior that really doesn't make much sense at all. I consider Mike's behavior to be the latter for the most part. If he's going to let his emotions dictate his behavior then what about the emotion of being thrilled to finally see Eleven again after a year? That lasted for what? About 10 seconds? What about the emotions of just being saved from immediate danger but knowing there is still a threat out there that has to be dealt with? Not to mention the emotions involved of having his other best friend being possessed from some monster from another dimension. Yeah I get that maybe he'd be somewhat upset with Hopper but it just seemed way over the top all things considered, even for an irrational teen.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect him to behave like a rational adult at all. To be honest, I've learned not to expect most adults to behave rationally a lot of the time either. But there's irrational behavior that can be expected at times and irrational behavior that really doesn't make much sense at all. I consider Mike's behavior to be the latter for the most part. If he's going to let his emotions dictate his behavior then what about the emotion of being thrilled to finally see Eleven again after a year? That lasted for what? About 10 seconds? What about the emotions of just being saved from immediate danger but knowing there is still a threat out there that has to be dealt with? Not to mention the emotions involved of having his other best friend being possessed from some monster from another dimension. Yeah I get that maybe he'd be somewhat upset with Hopper but it just seemed way over the top all things considered, even for an irrational teen.

Ehh, he did just find out that she heard him calling for her all year but never responded. Plus, I'm sure all of that baked into the reaction. Hopper was a convenient scapegoat for all of his frustrations.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPfanTIVAAAIQ-2.jpg

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12/1: Stranger Things (Netflix) officially renewed for a 3rd season by the streaming service (following an unofficial announcement from producers in August).

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I binge-watched both seasons, and can't wait for 3.

Fun show.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had been waiting for my kids to get a little older before we watched these. We've been going through the whole series for the past couple of weeks, everybody enjoys it, mostly.

Old lady doesn't like to hear so much swearing from pre-teeners, but...

Really like the additions of Paul Reiser and Sean Astin. Resier is surprisingly good -- seems like this is the first dramatic role I can ever remember him doing

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had been waiting for my kids to get a little older before we watched these. We've been going through the whole series for the past couple of weeks, everybody enjoys it, mostly.

Old lady doesn't like to hear so much swearing from pre-teeners, but...

Really like the additions of Paul Reiser and Sean Astin. Resier is surprisingly good -- seems like this is the first dramatic role I can ever remember him doing
The role that put him on the map, Diner, was dramatic.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never even heard of that. I only remember him from Mad About You, his stand-up, and One Night At McCool's
he's on that Amazon Prime show Red Oaks that I really like, but that's more comedy.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S3 date announcement:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44