• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stranger Things

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show was okay. Season 1 was excellent. Season 2 had it's moments. But near the end of season 3, I felt like I was finally watching a kids show.

All of the "real life" parts of this show is way over the top, which I found to be a bit annoying at times.
I'm another who feels the same. Maybe it is because they are not cute little kids anymore.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got around to watching S3.

Not as good as S1, better than S2. Overall, very entertaining.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things I'm hoping for from Season 4 as we start to get into the latter half of the 80s:

1. Some early Beastie Boys on the soundtrack;

2. A debate between Dustin and Steve about whether or not pro wrestling is real.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things I'm hoping for from Season 4 as we start to get into the latter half of the 80s:

1. Some early Beastie Boys on the soundtrack;

2. A debate between Dustin and Steve about whether or not pro wrestling is real.
There is no debate. Pro wrestling IS real.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 4 "From Russia with Love..." promo, aka the super secret origin story of Red Guardian ;) :whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: gob

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 4 "Eleven, Are You Listening?" promo:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 4 sneak peek:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 4 "Creel House" teaser:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 4 "Welcome to California" promo:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 4 trailer:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killer reveal, didn't expect them to ever reveal the thst origin

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished the first half. It was slow at times but so far I think this is the best season yet and I enjoyed all 3 previous seasons. They definitely toned down the 80s nostalgia, and turned the suspense, mystery and horror up by quite a bit. Can't wait for the 2nd half to come out.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killer reveal, didn't expect them to ever reveal the thst origin

Just finished the first half. It was slow at times but so far I think this is the best season yet and I enjoyed all 3 previous seasons. They definitely toned down the 80s nostalgia, and turned the suspense, mystery and horror up by quite a bit. Can't wait for the 2nd half to come out.
Yeah, the writing on the overall mythology was excellent.
Apparently, there were some clues as to what the reveal was going to be, but I never connected the dots.

That being said, the writing felt a little sloppy in California and Russia.
I still don't understand what happened to Hopper's ankle and how he's able to run around, jump from rooftops, etc.

Also, crazy Eddie looks like he's 30.

But, yeah, can't wait to see what happens next.

I'm still wondering how there is a connection into why the monsters appear to be D&D related or whether or not that is coincidental.
Could it have something to do with Will being the 1st victim taken and at that age, his darkest fears were monsters from D&D?
But, that doesn't necessarily align with how the 1st gate was opened.
Will had to have been taken after that.
I guess it's just coincidence.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, there were some clues as to what the reveal was going to be, but I never connected the dots.

I still don't understand what happened to Hopper's ankle and how he's able to run around, jump from rooftops, etc.

I'm still wondering how there is a connection into why the monsters appear to be D&D related or whether or not that is coincidental.
Could it have something to do with Will being the 1st victim taken and at that age, his darkest fears were monsters from D&D?

I agree about Hopper and his chains. I didn't quite get what the plan was there. It seemed like he wanted the guy crush his ankle so he could slide out. But yeah he'd have a hard time getting around if that was the case. Or was the idea just to bloody it so that the blood would act as a lubricant so his foot could slide through easier? If so, that's pretty weak too.

As for California, the "Hero Agent Dudes" looked pretty incompetent given how important the task they were given was. Not even sure why they were there other than to make sure the 3 boys didn't leave the house. But they did a poor job guarding the house from intruders. Nobody looking out, and both just watching TV. Open the door assuming it's pizza and couldn't possibly be the enemy they were there to look out for.

Not sure what to make of Argyle. The whole stoner surfer dude humor kind of got old quick for me but I'm sure lots of other people found it hilarious so whatever.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't understand what the purpose of having him get his ankle bashed in was for yet either. I mean it was for getting out of the chains but no idea how that was supposed to work and like you, no idea how it really didn't slow him down.

Overall though, very satisfied. I really didn't think they'd be able to pull it off with the kids aging but so far so good. I don't know if we'll ever figure out the D&D thing, I'm sort of surprised we saw the origin of the upside-down, or at least I guess the portal to it. The guess that is formed out of darkest fears is as good as any. Still not 100% sure who really runs the show in the upside-down. If it started with one, then I guess it be him.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good batch of episodes.

Thought the main Vecna reveal was a bit telegraphed but good shit overall

Keep having a feeling that Steve doesnt make it out of the season alive, really hope that isnt the case.