• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stranger Things

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking papa used DNA from One/Vecna to infuse into babies that they bought from their mothers (or had their mothers silenced, like 11s).

In doing so, that doesn't necessarily mean each kid would have the same powers as the original.
Maybe it just manifests itself in different ways, like the X-Men.

Also, the Inidan girl (no. 8) is still around.
I mean. Who knows. But this season they made it look like everyone had the same power. They were training the same exact way.

Would be nice if they explained that better. And if there were other test subjects would be nice to know more about them.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it stated that a main cast members would die? If not, I think the 12 main returning characters from last season are safe until the end of the series.

I don't consider Murray a main character but he's borderline. I think he's disposable. I can also see Owens dying. Mrs. Wheeler hasn't appeared as much this season. Is she losing her MILF status? Maybe she dies.

I think Antonov (aka Enzo) and Eddie are candidates to possibly die.

I think Jason pretty much has to die or join the main group because he saw the supernatural. Death seems like the more likely scenario.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I didn't plan on watching both last night, but did.

Pretty good, don't think they needed 2.5 hours for finale.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured they didn't have the stones to kill a main character. I believe max will recover in season 5.

Eddie character was good. It was obvious he was sacrificial lamb early in finale.

Jock storyline added nothing. Don't even know jocks name. But hey he got in the way due to his network of dog walkers.

Season 5 rumors time jump to deal with aging actors (actor that plays Steve is 30) but with showing merging upside down not sure how they will tackle it.

I was in debate if vecna was working for mind flayer or vice versa. My first thought was vecna but switched. Should've stuck with my gut.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt really like the finale.

Show is always a little cheesy, but the dialogue/acting in a lot of the finale was terrible. Like a different show.

Also, not only was Eddie a great character but this show doenst have the balls to kill the mains, only the new add ons, every time. Glad Steve didnt bite it, but still annoying. Also, Max is not dead lets be real.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt really like the finale.

Show is always a little cheesy, but the dialogue/acting in a lot of the finale was terrible. Like a different show.

Also, not only was Eddie a great character but this show doenst have the balls to kill the mains, only the new add ons, every time. Glad Steve didnt bite it, but still annoying. Also, Max is not dead lets be real.
Duffer brothers keep going to same well

I overall liked it, but definitely some lazy writing

Mike: his character has become useless and just annoying
Hopper/Joyce/Murray: Holy plot armor. They're only ones to a survive in Russian prison
Eleven: She regained her power but needed a speech from Mike to remember her power she just regained and used just prior?
Will: He's useless, but has a connection to Vecna. Plus, he's gay, so they can't kill him I guess
Lucas: His character is growing
Dustin: Probably best actor of bunch and is entertaining. He's only one I'd give plot armor too

So, I'll watch season 5, but glad it's the last and I honestly think they could've finished it off in S4. I'm not saying they need to go early season GOT and kill everyone and just sacrifice new characters, but I'd much rather have Eddie back next year instead of mike, jonathan, nancy, etc. He could even take the role of Steve, although he is a good character

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Eddie was going to die but his sacrifice was pretty random and meaningless. Dustin was already back in our dimension and Eddie randomly decides now is the time to be a hero to buy more time. Dustin eventually returned to the Upside-down but that was because of Eddie. So he didn't save Dustin as I've seen many suggest (not here but elsewhere). If anything he put him in more danger by giving him a reason to go back. Also Eddiie had no idea what was going on everywhere else with all the other characters and who might need more time. As far as he knew they had done their job and everything was going according to plan. Pretty unsatisfying in my opinion.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Eddie was going to die but his sacrifice was pretty random and meaningless. Dustin was already back in our dimension and Eddie randomly decides now is the time to be a hero to buy more time. Dustin eventually returned to the Upside-down but that was because of Eddie. So he didn't save Dustin as I've seen many suggest (not here but elsewhere). If anything he put him in more danger by giving him a reason to go back. Also Eddiie had no idea what was going on everywhere else with all the other characters and who might need more time. As far as he knew they had done their job and everything was going according to plan. Pretty unsatisfying in my opinion.

Yeah it was a pretty lazy way to play off the "I didnt run away" theme he had going.

Which was basically the only arc they could go with in the finale because they dont have the balls to kill the mains.

Which also happens to be a moronically stupid decision because as a newer character Eddie had more to develop in the finale season where as most of the originals have gone stale. And he was also a fan favorite and top actor of the bunch.

So, it was a forced and obvious death for little reason.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was a pretty lazy way to play off the "I didnt run away" theme he had going.

Which was basically the only arc they could go with in the finale because they dont have the balls to kill the mains.

Which also happens to be a moronically stupid decision because as a newer character Eddie had more to develop in the finale season where as most of the originals have gone stale. And he was also a fan favorite and top actor of the bunch.

So, it was a forced and obvious death for little reason.
Exactly. Willingly going into another dimension full of monsters is pretty much the opposite of running. Had he followed Dustin back into our dimension, that wouldn't have been running. That would have been sticking to the plan, which both Nancy and Steve insisted everyone do.

Just seems like such an odd choice because it would have been so easy to write a scene where Dustin is in immediate danger, without deviating much from the story we got, and Eddie had to choose to run or save Dustin. With only a bit more deviation, he could have done the same for the other 3.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Willingly going into another dimension full of monsters is pretty much the opposite of running. Had he followed Dustin back into our dimension, that wouldn't have been running. That would have been sticking to the plan, which both Nancy and Steve insisted everyone do.

Just seems like such an odd choice because it would have been so easy to write a scene where Dustin is in immediate danger, without deviating much from the story we got, and Eddie had to choose to run or save Dustin. With only a bit more deviation, he could have done the same for the other 3.

while we are talking about lazy writing... can someone explain the purpose of the Adult fight in the jail... they were talking about particles... But wasnt their fight pretty meaningless to the overall plot??

the only thing i got from it was that Humans can kill these monsters...

also, i found it weird that the team that did the most never knew that 11 was the real person who saved the day...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching S4 over weekend. Just finished Ep4 (Max “breaks” the curse; reveal of Creel).

I realized pretty quick they were setting up some kind of reveal for Creel. I was trying to think if there was someone from the show it could be, and the only possibility I could come up with was Samwise. But that would have required some time travel injected into the plot, and that just didn’t sound right. So I figured it had to be stunt casting. I tried to guess who it could before reveal (as they were walking down the hall, so I had MAYBE a minute here to try to figure it out). I came up with a number of actors who it could be, but I pretty much eliminated each as I thought of them. I even thought about (…), but for the life of me, I wasn’t even sure he was still alive, so I eliminated him as a possibility. But second they showed him in profile, I was 75% sure it was him, then when he spoke, I knew 100%.

Nice stunt cast.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching S4 over weekend. Just finished Ep4 (Max “breaks” the curse; reveal of Creel).

I realized pretty quick they were setting up some kind of reveal for Creel. I was trying to think if there was someone from the show it could be, and the only possibility I could come up with was Samwise. But that would have required some time travel injected into the plot, and that just didn’t sound right. So I figured it had to be stunt casting. I tried to guess who it could before reveal (as they were walking down the hall, so I had MAYBE a minute here to try to figure it out). I came up with a number of actors who it could be, but I pretty much eliminated each as I thought of them. I even thought about (…), but for the life of me, I wasn’t even sure he was still alive, so I eliminated him as a possibility. But second they showed him in profile, I was 75% sure it was him, then when he spoke, I knew 100%.

Nice stunt cast.
Apparently it wasnt a planned stunt casting either

Freddy reached out to the Duffers and said he wanted a role in the show

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it wasnt a planned stunt casting either

Freddy reached out to the Duffers and said he wanted a role in the show
I figured there had to be some kinda story. Especially when we don’t see him again. And they even dropped Elm Street Easter eggs in the next few episodes, but it didn’t feel connected in any way.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished it up last night…

So was the Upsidedown created by the fight between One and Eleven? Or was it always there and One just landed there? If he “just landed there”, did he corrupt it or was it always corrupted?

FTR, my take was that it was jointly created by the fight, which means that One is the big baddie and Mind-Flayer was his minion, not the other way around. But that doesn’t fully explain One “finding” the Flayer during his story he told Eleven in the finale…

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every day I see memes hating on the Jason character. I thought he was an annoying, disposable character but the more I think about it, the more I think he's an empathetic character, whether the writers intended that or not (guessing not).

Before Chrissy died he seemed like a bit of a douche, talking back to his coach but that was the worst he did. Eddie actually antagonized him in the cafeteria. He was pretty nice to Lucas and everyone else, your typical cocky jock but nothing major. Steve was a bigger douche in Season 1.

It was only after Chrissy died that he became irrational. He (like everyone else) thought Eddie killed his girlfriend. Then his buddy died in the lake. At that point it could have gone either way whether he continued to blame Eddie or understood something messed up was happening, but his confirmation bias took over and he blamed Eddie for that too.

In the end he literally died trying to save Max's life. He made things worse but that wasn't his intent. I don't care that he died but I don't get all the hate for him.

I think Eddie should have died saving him somehow and then he told Hawkins about it later.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is worse than Westworld.

Fuck me for even trying to watch it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every day I see memes hating on the Jason character. I thought he was an annoying, disposable character but the more I think about it, the more I think he's an empathetic character, whether the writers intended that or not (guessing not).

Before Chrissy died he seemed like a bit of a douche, talking back to his coach but that was the worst he did. Eddie actually antagonized him in the cafeteria. He was pretty nice to Lucas and everyone else, your typical cocky jock but nothing major. Steve was a bigger douche in Season 1.

It was only after Chrissy died that he became irrational. He (like everyone else) thought Eddie killed his girlfriend. Then his buddy died in the lake. At that point it could have gone either way whether he continued to blame Eddie or understood something messed up was happening, but his confirmation bias took over and he blamed Eddie for that too.

In the end he literally died trying to save Max's life. He made things worse but that wasn't his intent. I don't care that he died but I don't get all the hate for him.

I think Eddie should have died saving him somehow and then he told Hawkins about it later.

Nah he sucked.

He was definitely your typical jock douche far more than Steve. Actually if you rewatch S1, Steve was a pretty decent guy. He wasnt terrible to Nancy. And was he really out of line getting on Jontathan for taking creepy pics? Jonathan was a creep. Jonathan also snapped in the fight. Steve made stupid choices but regretted shit immediately, like the graffiti and going to the house to apologize.

Jason was the standard king of the school who liked to hear himself talk. Hence his stupid prep rally speech. He wasnt outwardly terrible but he was a total full of himself Dbag.

And it was his fault basically everything happened. We went off a massive assumption tried to play the town vigilante and got in peoples way routinely to stop people from actually saving the day.

In his mind in tried to save Max, but in reality his being such a ignorant dumbass is the exact reason Max is comatose