• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stop rooting for your team to lose to get better draft odds

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC.

I'm not saying that Garland was a bad pick.

But sure. I'm wrong. The Cavs are doing everything right.

We won’t know for at least 3-5 years

It keeps landing then high picks.

When they landed Lebron the first time, they got too good right away and we’re stuck in no mans land for improving the team. The key to doing well in a rebuild is get really good later in the rebuild. So in that case they are doing everything right. Will it work out? That depends on them getting lucky in the draft, like almost every other team in the NBA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they landed Lebron the first time, they got too good right away and we’re stuck in no mans land for improving the team. The key to doing well in a rebuild is get really good later in the rebuild. So in that case they are doing everything right. Will it work out? That depends on them getting lucky in the draft, like almost every other team in the NBA.

To be fair, most players coming straight out of high school, don't have an impact that is quite as big or as immediate as Lebron's on the Cavs. They went from a 17 win team to 35 wins. That's a big jump.

Obviously, they had to take him...but I doubt they expected he would have that much impact, that fast.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you originally from Ohio, if so what part?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think they need a top 3 pick to really make some noise next couple years. top 5-7 might at least make them interesting (but not a title contender by any stretch).

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....

What if it's within the value of player safety?

Here is the scenario. Canucks are Longshot for the playoffs. They have a Huge Co-Vid outbreak( 20 players). Why should they play and risk infecting other players?

Why not go 1-0 forfeit for the rest of the year?

Here are my references:

NHL Hockey Standings

North division

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whiffing on their top 10 pick in 2004 hurt.

what did they waste their 2005 first on?

and the. Shanon brown in 06. That’s how you fail to add young talent around bron

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whiffing on their top 10 pick in 2004 hurt.

what did they waste their 2005 first on?

and the. Shanon brown in 06. That’s how you fail to add young talent around bron
I mean, only a handful of guys after that top 10 whiff amounted to much in 2004. None before pick 15. 2005 pick might have been moved for Jiri Welsch. Bad trade, sure, but not many good players around where they would have taken that year (maybe 13?). Brown? 25th pick is at best a crapshoot. Drafted a better player that year in round 2 (Gibson).

Biggest debacle was Boozer and his agent hoodwinking a blind guy.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, only a handful of guys after that top 10 whiff amounted to much in 2004. None before pick 15. 2005 pick might have been moved for Jiri Welsch. Bad trade, sure, but not many good players around where they would have taken that year (maybe 13?). Brown? 25th pick is at best a crapshoot. Drafted a better player that year in round 2 (Gibson).

Biggest debacle was Boozer and his agent hoodwinking a blind guy.
Ah yes. That hurt mostly because you couldn’t get anything for him.

great find, but not a great fit with Lebron

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use to live in Hudson, which is like 20 miles north of Akron
Hudson is a very nice town. My brother just bought a house there about a half mile south of the square in a development.

I used to live in Solon.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they need a top 3 pick to really make some noise next couple years. top 5-7 might at least make them interesting (but not a title contender by any stretch).
totally agree

Suggs, Green or Cunningham would be great

Id still like Kumanga or Mobley

they might even be better fits to a certain degree

after that Scottie Barnes would be a very interesting pick too- though hes not a guy who can be a franchise player i dont think.

From what i have seen- a lot of mocks have Cunningham 1 and Mobley 2 and Suggs 3.

Green and Kumanga at 4 and 5--- and then it gets a little up in the air with Scottie Barnes and a few others

USA Today: “If the Cavaliers land Kuminga, who has serious All-Star potential, it could be a huge steal. But that is what happens in a class that has five potential stars in it: one of those players has to go No. 5 overall, and in that case, it may make fans in Cleveland very happy.”

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id still like Kumanga or Mobley

I'm really interested to see how Mobley does.

He has a very smooth game. Similar to AD and KD. He's also very even keel. You really can't tell by looking at him whether he's having a good game or bad game, or if his team is winning or losing. He's also a coach's kid, so he knows the game and understands how to accept coaching. He doesn't have to be the star all the time. If a teammate or 2 are going off, he has no problem letting them do their thing while he finds another way to help the team.

He really needs to add some weight. So if the Cavs get him, they might want to hook him up with Michael Symon for some Burgers, Brews and 'Que. lol

Some of those things can also make him a little frustrating at times because it can seem like he he's not trying. Also, he can be reluctant to take over a game and assert himself as his teams best player.

If his brother declares for the draft and I'm the team that drafts him, I'd give strong consideration to drafting him as well. Isaiah isn't as good, but he brings intensity that Evan doesn't and the 2 of them play really well together.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really interested to see how Mobley does.

He has a very smooth game. Similar to AD and KD. He's also very even keel. You really can't tell by looking at him whether he's having a good game or bad game, or if his team is winning or losing. He's also a coach's kid, so he knows the game and understands how to accept coaching. He doesn't have to be the star all the time. If a teammate or 2 are going off, he has no problem letting them do their thing while he finds another way to help the team.

He really needs to add some weight. So if the Cavs get him, they might want to hook him up with Michael Symon for some Burgers, Brews and 'Que. lol

Some of those things can also make him a little frustrating at times because it can seem like he he's not trying. Also, he can be reluctant to take over a game and assert himself as his teams best player.

If his brother declares for the draft and I'm the team that drafts him, I'd give strong consideration to drafting him as well. Isaiah isn't as good, but he brings intensity that Evan doesn't and the 2 of them play really well together.

spending back To back picks on guys who don’t seem to projected to be #1 offensive guys would be something.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use to live in Hudson, which is like 20 miles north of Akron

I know exactly where Hudson is, I'm originally from Akron. You still in the state?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes. That hurt mostly because you couldn’t get anything for him.

great find, but not a great fit with Lebron
Boozer not a great fit with Lebron? Seriously?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz with 4 straight wins. Raptors with a couple wins in a row.

nice.

looks like if things hold (to a certain extent) Cavs wont be any better than 6th worst record.

be nice if OKC could win a few games

the Rockets are just truly pathetic. I cant believe some people defended them a few months back.

OKC and SAC each losing 9 in a row isnt good for business. OKC is not good. Sacramento kind of surprises me they are just this bad- i know they arent good- but i didnt expect them to be this bad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont even care if the CAvs get #1 or #2 or #3

just get a litte luck and get in the top 5--- even 5th is fine. Please.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just get a litte luck and get in the top 5--- even 5th is fine. Please.

How Bout No GIF

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boozer not a great fit with Lebron? Seriously?
It’s not a coincidence they were better when they had spacing at the 4.

boozer was a good player for a while though

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not a coincidence they were better when they had spacing at the 4.

boozer was a good player for a while though
Well, sure, Love was a better fit but that does not make Boozer a bad fit. It's not like he couldn't hit shots outside the paint and he's also an excellent rebounder. Is AD really much of a floor spacer? AD and Boozer each make about 43% of their shots from 10-16 feet. I think Lebron has done OK with AD.