• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still no takers for Kaepernick as Seattle passes on him

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what the backup QB situation looked like three weeks ago. Good luck finding 10 backups who are better than Kaep.

1. Jimmy Garoppolo, Patriots
2. Matt Moore, Dolphins
3. Trevor Siemian/Paxton Lynch, Broncos
4. Colt McCoy, Redskins
5. Deshaun Watson, Texans
6. AJ McCarron, Bengals
7. T.J. Yates/Cardale Jones/Nathan Peterman, Bills
8. Mitchell Trubisky/Mike Glennon, Bears
9. Chad Henne, Jaguars
10. Geno Smith, Giants
11. Drew Stanton, Cardinals
12. Kevin Hogan/Brock Osweiler/DeShone Kizer, Browns
13. Chase Daniel, Saints
14. Derek Anderson, Panthers
15. Nick Foles, Eagles
16. Ryan Mallett, Ravens
17. Case Keenum, Vikings
18. Matt Barkley/CJ Beathard, 49ers
19. Bryce Petty/Christian Hackenberg, Jets – special Jets category
20. Landry Jones/Josh Dobbs, Steelers
21. Trevone Boykin, Seahawks
22. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs
23. Matt Cassel, Titans
24. Kellen Clemens, Chargers
25. Connor Cook/EJ Manuel, Raiders
26. Matt Schaub, Falcons
27. Brett Hundley, Packers
28. Kellen Moore, Cowboys
29. Scott Tolzien, Colts
30. Sean Mannion, Rams
31. Jake Rudock/Brad Kaaya, Lions
32. Ryan Griffin, Buccaneer

How many of those back ups are asking for big money? And how many teams are actually looking for a back-up? Those are factors as well as to why he isn't finding a job.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of those back ups are asking for big money. And how many teams are actually looking for a back-up? Those are factors as well as to why he isn't finding a job.

Has anyone confirmed the salary he is asking for? I thought those were just rumors that was never backed up. I find it hard to believe in early June he is asking for 10 million yearly. Just seems highly unlikely. If this was in march then maybe I could see it but on June 7th? Nah

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaeperinick is more of a stop gap guy at this point and not really a backup. Imo on a tier with Matt Moore, Mike Glennon and Trevor Siemian.

The common sense spot is the Houston Texans imo. Starter not backup. I get that they already have a stop gap in place but I'm kinda doubtful that he is ready to take that team to the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaeperinick is more of a stop gap guy at this point and not really a backup. Imo on a tier with Matt Moore, Mike Glennon and Trevor Siemian.

The common sense spot is the Houston Texans imo. Starter not backup. I get that they already have a stop gap in place but I'm kinda doubtful that he is ready to take that team to the playoffs.

Yeah they're not going anywhere with that Savage guy. I would much rather Kaep starting on that team than Savage. Another wasted year in Houston. Sad

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone confirmed the salary he is asking for? I thought those were just rumors that was never backed up. I find it hard to believe in early June he is asking for 10 million yearly. Just seems highly unlikely. If this was in march then maybe I could see it but on June 7th? Nah

Nobody has confirmed it. In fact Kap personally said that he isn't looking for $9-$10M. But that doesn't mean he is willing to be a bargain player either. Even if he wants $7 or $8M it will be too much for some teams. I know Seattle doesn't have much cash so maybe that is part of the reason they walked him too.

I dunno, but I bet money is definitely part of the reason he isn't finding a job. Or maybe he wants a long term deal that teams aren't willing to give. There's probably a lot nobody knows about in his negotiations with teams.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has confirmed it. In fact Kap personally said that he isn't looking for $9-$10M. But that doesn't mean he is willing to be a bargain player either. Even if he wants $7 or $8M it will be too much for some teams. I know Seattle doesn't have much cash so maybe that is part of the reason they walked him too.

I dunno, but I bet money is definitely part of the reason he isn't finding a job. Or maybe he wants a long term deal that teams aren't willing to give. There's probably a lot nobody knows about in his negotiations with teams.

I think he should be happy if a team can offer him 1 yr/3 mill.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. But maybe he doesn't feel that way. Considering he allegedly made about $20M last season after all his bonus's it would be a big pay cut to settle for $3M. Pride is a muther fucker.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Found this article. Colin Kaepernick looking for starter competition, high back-up, low starter money, per reports. From ninersnation.com

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the other hand, nothing like getting one's foot in the door.

I doubt he's donated all of last year's inflow, so he should be able to get by on a measly $3 million.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know till you try.

Anything else is premature speculation..... Fueled by hate.
No Hank, you got I it backwards. You want him to land a job, not because you think he's a good/ decent QB, you want him to land a job regradless of looking like a bust, because you like his politics.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Hank, you got I it backwards. You want him to land a job, not because you think he's a good/ decent QB, you want him to land a job regradless of looking like a bust, because you like his politics.

Have you met Hank?

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are compounding reasons why teams do not want Kap as a backup QB. One he will immediately be the talk of the league. I mean look how much media coverage he gets now because he is not signed. Everyone will be watching him to see what he does next. Teams don't want that distraction. Second kap has a very specific set of skills as a qb and he needs the right offense to be able to maximize that skillset. That already restricts the teams that would take a chance. Third he is probably asking way more than any othter backup qb and teams don't really want to hamper their salary cap by paying two qbs a high salary. Finally if he goes to a team that has a mediocre qb already that will cause a QB controversy as the media and fans will put pressue on the organization to make a qb change. This may or may not be a bad thing depending on how other player and locker room plays out.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sincerely just don't see what his politics have to do with anything.

I'm not a fan of of politics in general.

And I admit I tend to think there was nothing wrong with what he did.

And he can play better than many.

Regradless of what the haters think.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the saints are going to run much more with the addition of Peterson, I wouldn't have any issue with him as our backup but I'm ok with Chase. I'm just glad we don't have Scott Tolzien as our backup or something.
Are you going to implement the read option? It sounds good in theory to sign Kap until you realize the offense you have to put around him to maximize Kap's skillset.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've passed through Seattle twice on my way to Vancouver Washington.

Never stopped to chat with the locals.....

It was mean more as an editorial comment. You're not the first guy I think of when I think 'lefty.'

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Action's have consequences. You piss off a large portion of the fan base and this is going to happen