• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still no takers for Kaepernick as Seattle passes on him

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's true.....RW is a weak stick mentally. You should always want your team to improve themselves.

Ask yourself, if RW gets hurt who would give them a better chance to win? Kaep who had several solid games last season or Davis who hasn't played in a game since 2015?

Personally that rumor is one of weaker ones in my opinion. Wilson doesn't/hasn't struck me as the type who would bitch about another player. I've never once heard of him being a bad locker room guy. Even if Wilson didn't like a guy I think he's either too smart or too classy to ever say it out loud.

Besides, I thought Kaepernick and Wilson were friends off the field.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, its all pretty un-important anyway, cause any team that loses their starting QB, especially one like Carr, seasons over anyway

I just find it funny how awful QB's can last forever in this league

matt Cassell is still kicking around somewhere

Ditto for Dallas if Prescott goes plop.... Kellen Moore ain't gonna cut it.

Romo would have to give up his new career.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally that rumor is one of weaker ones in my opinion. Wilson doesn't/hasn't struck me as the type who would bitch about another player. I've never once heard of him being a bad locker room guy. Even if Wilson didn't like a guy I think he's either too smart or too classy to ever say it out loud.

I don't get that. No reason for RW to feel even a little threatened by Kaep. No chance that Kaep would knock Wilson out of the starter slot. He isn't even close in terms of ability.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Kaepernick would get along just fine with most of the Seahawks. Bennett, Baldwin, Sherman would likely all be OK with him on the team.

I heard the Canuck TE Willson on a local radio show saying how his impression was Kaepernick would fit in just fine.

I think it's just $$ as Seattle is so tight against that FUCKING CAP!!!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's true.....RW is a weak stick mentally. You should always want your team to improve themselves.

Ask yourself, if RW gets hurt who would give them a better chance to win? Kaep who had several solid games last season or Davis who hasn't played in a game since 2015?

As i mentioned earlier in this thread

Ive heard that RW is not a popular guy in the lockeroom, and one theory being kicked around is that if Seattle brought in Kap, some teammates would be pushing for Kap to play at the first sign of RW struggling, and its a problem they didnt want to create

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets should give him a shot...he could be just what they need...and they need a whole array of help.
A proven QB & winner...and someone who'd be a deflection from all their other numerous headaches & issues.
But seeing as owner Woody Johnson is a devout T-rumper...the likelihood of that happening is pretty low to virtually zero.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets should give him a shot...he could be just what they need...and they need a whole array of help.
A proven QB & winner...and someone who'd be a deflection from all their other numerous headaches & issues.
But seeing as owner Woody Johnson is a devout T-rumper...the likelihood of that happening is pretty low to virtually zero.

I bet if there was a poll done of the owners 90% would be Republicans. Big business billionaires who got rich on the American dream probably have little tolerance for people who disrespect the flag, national anthem, or the people protecting them. So if there is any black-balling going on I would bet it's at the ownership level. And that's all it takes really.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet if there was a poll done of the owners 90% would be Republicans

Could be true...and some are even more hard core staunch repubs than others..but that shouldn't prohibit them from giving their team an upgrade when needed..especially at QB. It's the potential public relations backlash they fear...and even though Kaep said he was done with that protest and it's now behind him, it's apparent some of those owners are still taking it a little too personal by sending their own message, and it's to their detriment imho. All I'm saying is, Johnson definitely is one of them.

Bottom line is wins & playoffs.

Jets aren't gonna have many of the former with what they currently have. ergo..they might as well forget about the latter too.

Last edited:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be true...and some are even more hard core staunch repubs than others..but that shouldn't prohibit them from giving their team an upgrade when needed..especially at QB. It's the potential public relations backlash they fear...and even though Kaep said he was done with that protest and it's now behind him, it's apparent some of those owners are still taking it a little too personal by sending their own message to their detriment imho...and all I'm saying is Johnson is definitely one of them.

Kaep was within his rights to protest, and it's within the owner's rights to be pissed off about it. They aren't required to offer him a job on their team. If the owner's think there might be a public backlash over hiring the guy then why would they want that headache? And it's not like he was playing at his 2012-2014 levels either. His last two seasons weren't great. He literally got benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert which is pretty bad.

The lesson here is that if you want to be a lightning rod for countrywide controversy then you better be talented enough to hang on to your job. Mediocre players who rock the boat appear to be expendable.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep was within his rights to protest, and it's within the owner's rights to be pissed off about it. They aren't required to offer him a job on their team. If the owner's think there might be a public backlash over hiring the guy then why would they want that headache? And it's not like he was playing at his 2012-2014 levels either. His last two seasons weren't great. He literally got benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert which is pretty bad.

The lesson here is that if you want to be a lightning rod for countrywide controversy then you better be talented enough to hang on to your job. Mediocre players who rock the boat appear to be expendable.

Hahaha...the niners haven't been the most well run or smartest org in the league these last few years.
Trust me, someone will give him a shot soon, knowing fully well a change of scenery and a team with superior personnel and talent to surround him with than what the niners had is all he needs to tap back into the kind of QB he can be.

I'm saying sometimes pragmatism needs to override silly pride & personal grudges.

Bottom line is, at the end of the day wins & playoffs matters most.

Jets aren't gonna have many of the former with what they currently have...ergo: they might as well forget about the latter too.

Last edited:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who finished up the last season more than respectably?

Finally winning his job back from Gabbert isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of his skills either.

Actually, even when the 9ers were a powerhouse I always thought Alex Smith was the better QB. Kap has only got two skills: scrambling and a wicked fastball. He's never had any touch and he's never been known for his astounding skills at reading the defense. I think he may have always been over rated, and that 9ers team probably still goes to the SB with Alex Smith at QB. Has Kap ever made any throws that just made everybody's jaws drop? He's really known for taking off down the field and running like a gazelle on steroids. People are free to disagree, but I just never thought he was good.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally winning his job back from Gabbert isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of his skills either.

Actually, even when the 9ers were a powerhouse I always thought Alex Smith was the better QB. Kap has only got two skills: scrambling and a wicked fastball. He's never had any touch and he's never been known for his astounding skills at reading the defense. I think he may have always been over rated, and that 9ers team probably still goes to the SB with Alex Smith at QB. Has Kap ever made any throws that just made everybody's jaws drop? He's really known for taking off down the field and running like a gazelle on steroids. People are free to disagree, but I just never thought he was good.

Opinions differ....

I'd love him as a back up in Dallas.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The excuse Seattle used to justify not taking Kap was hillarious.

Kap is a first string talent and we are looking for a back up so we dont want Kap.

Wouldnt most teams want the best damn back up they can get?

Sounds more political to me but if that is the nest response you can come up with for not taking Kap more power to you.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The excuse Seattle used to justify not taking Kap was hillarious.

Kap is a first string talent and we are looking for a back up so we dont want Kap.

Wouldnt most teams want the best damn back up they can get?

Sounds more political to me but if that is the nest response you can come up with for not taking Kap more power to you.

That is exactly what I thought when I first heard it. I thought Carroll was just trying to help Kaep after meeting and not signing him but it sounded really lame

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is all speculation. I don't think there is organized collusion against him, but there are owners that won't want him simply because of all the negative attention and fan backlash. If he was an elite QB, then there would be teams willing to put up with it but they aren't going to do it for a backup QB. From what I've read he never actually had a workout in Seattle so I just don't think it was ever that serious.

I agree with about everything you've said in this post.

A) Not organized collusion
B) If he was elite he'd still be in SF. If he was obviously at least really good, someone would have signed him by now, despite the negative PR, but he's not. More potential then a proven product. With the right offense designed to his strengths, maybe he'd be decent......maybe.
C) Think his meeting in Seattle was more just checking the cost, while doing a favor to a FA that needs some show of attention to help drum up interest. Kind like they did with AP and Charles.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaep is too black for RW.