• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Spurrier calls it the "Saban Rule"

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are getting closer. But you continue to be in denial about this point.

Five years at Michigan St, Saban holds a 34-24-1 combined record. Additionally, his bowl record is 0-3 during that time. Saban is a lush that needs a whole lot of cheese to go with his whine.

Back then that was like winning NC's for Michigan ST. It was good enough to get him the LSU job wasn't it?

Michigan St goes 3-8, 5-6, 6-6, and 0-11 the years preceding him.

He goes 6-5-1, 6-6, 7-5, 6-6, 9-2<<< damn, MSU fans must have been ecstatic!!! :yahoo:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, 18-23 year old people are not children. They are adults. End of story.

I've heard many people say that Nick Saban couldn't win and recruit when he was the coach at Michigan St. Please, feel free to go round up all those adults and tell them they aren't children. We hear all the time that they aren't children, they are adults.

Children need their Mommy and Daddy to fix their problems.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopsalot

You might want to stick with your name sake, hoops! :nod:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, you acknowledged the fact that Saban was incredibly average as the coach of MSU. Wonder if the academic eligibility and entrance requirements in the Big Ten made the decision to go to the SEC conference an easy one. Maybe it was having to recruit against Michigan and Ohio St in the conference that made the decision to move an easy one.

Just consider previous posters when talked about the schools that stopped recruiting Clowney because they found out he wasn't going to be eligible right away...but he "mysteriously" becomes eligible in an SEC school. Hmmmmmm

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you not pull strings? It's the way of the world. :nod:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopsalot

You might want to stick with your name sake, hoops! :nod:
Nothing I can do for you if the truth hurts. Children versus adults based on the age that society has established, is not a hard concept to understand. Doesn't matter WHAT STATE YOU RESIDE IN! Its the same for all 50 states in this country.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing I can do for you if the truth hurts. Children versus adults based on the age that society has established, is not a hard concept to understand. Doesn't matter WHAT STATE YOU RESIDE IN! Its the same for all 50 states in this country.

It obviously is for you. There's the legal age (an age determined to be tried as an adult) and there is this thing called maturity and the mental age. If you think they are the same maybe you were dropped on your head as a baby? :noidea:

Please tell me you don't think an 18 yo is making the same decisions when he enters college that he is making when he leaves it? So why can't this legal adult drink until age 21? Certainly he is old enough to handle it and make responsible adult decisions? Why do you think that is?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, you acknowledged the fact that Saban was incredibly average as the coach of MSU. Wonder if the academic eligibility and entrance requirements in the Big Ten made the decision to go to the SEC conference an easy one. Maybe it was having to recruit against Michigan and Ohio St in the conference that made the decision to move an easy one.

Just consider previous posters when talked about the schools that stopped recruiting Clowney because they found out he wasn't going to be eligible right away...but he "mysteriously" becomes eligible in an SEC school. Hmmmmmm

I did? :scratch:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back then that was like winning NC's for Michigan ST.
Here comes another inept line of reasoning by you that mirrors your children-vs-adult thought process.

"...winning national championships at Alabama is like winning national championships at Michigan St..."

So, maybe Saban can petition the rules committee to grant him national championships while he was the coach of Michigan St. Maybe he's entitled to beg for a rule that says he is the only coach that should get to win the national championship game.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It obviously is for you. There's the legal age (an age determined to be tried as an adult) and there is this thing called maturity and the mental age. If you think they are the same maybe you were dropped on your head as a baby? :noidea:

Please tell me you don't think an 18 yo is making the same decisions when he enters college that he is making when he leaves it? So why can't this legal adult drink until age 21? Certainly he is old enough to handle it and make responsible adult decisions? Why do you think that is?
And society is full of immature people that are adults. Some even have a hard time displacing their utopia from reality. Mature adults have the mental capacity to function in the real-world and not need to live in the basement of their parents house.

Decision-making: An 18-year old that knows what their major is - and earns the requisite degree - has the ability to enter the real-world and function as an adult. I would add that an 18-year old that volunteers to serve in the US Military and dies for our country made a sound, adult decision. They also recognized the sacrifice required - as an 18-year old!! We veterans understand what being an adult entails and at what age adulthood begins.

I can do this all day....

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And society is full of immature people that are adults. Some even have a hard time displacing their utopia from reality. Mature adults have the mental capacity to function in the real-world and not need to live in the basement of their parents house.

Decision-making: An 18-year old that knows what their major is - and earns the requisite degree - has the ability to enter the real-world and function as an adult. I would add that an 18-year old that volunteers to serve in the US Military and dies for our country made a sound, adult decision. They also recognized the sacrifice required - as an 18-year old!! We veterans understand what being an adult entails and at what age adulthood begins.

I can do this all day....

Well maybe you can but you are having a big problem differentiating the 18 yo that enters college and the 21 or 22 yo that leaves it. It's called maturing into manhood. If you don't think the coach has a lot to do with the growth and maturity of that young "adult" mind then we have nothing to discuss! Let me try and be perfectly clear because you are showing absolutely no ability to understand how this works. Yes technically the 18 yo is an adult but you are totally missing the point of growth and the huge influence of a coach/teacher/mentor. Read a book every now and then! And for the record you can do this all day but you won't be doing it with me! :suds: LATER! ... MUCH!!!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By your definition there are millions of 50 year olds in our country who aren't adults.

By reality, 18 year olds are grown fucking men.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe you can but you are having a big problem differentiating the 18 yo that enters college and the 21 or 22 yo that leaves it. It's called maturing into manhood. If you don't think the coach has a lot to do with the growth and maturity of that young "adult" mind then we have nothing to discuss! Let me try and be perfectly clear because you are showing absolutely no ability to understand how this works. Yes technically the 18 yo is an adult but you are totally missing the point of growth and the huge influence of a coach/teacher/mentor. Read a book every now and then! And for the record you can do this all day but you won't be doing it with me! :suds: LATER! ... MUCH!!!

How high are you??

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 13 yo daughter has more sense than most of you! This morning I asked her if she thought an 18 yo was an adult and she immediately responded " by law but not really?" I asked her what she meant and she said "they still don't understand what life is all about."? I then asked if she thought they were more grown up at 21 or 22 and she said "some." There is NO way Cane or JDM are parents and have raised kids. No way! Cane asks me how high I am? :L Have a great day all! :suds:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BamaT,

On a message board...you bring your daughter into a discussion on when someone is an adult. Too funny!!

How many college students came to a realization that their professor is full of crapola? How many athletes came to a realization that their coach is full of crapola? I'll give the the benefit of the doubt here, college professors, coaches, ministers/preachers, parents/family, and others offer sound guidance that can center an individuals life. One individual doesn't have the market cornered on turning another individual into an adult.

My contention is that the individual has to be able to know the difference between positive and negative influences in their life. And for some individuals, Saban is full of crapola. For others, he isn't. The name "Saban" is completely interchangable - put any person in for Saban and the result is the same: The individual has to know the difference.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 13 yo daughter has more sense than most of you! This morning I asked her if she thought an 18 yo was an adult and she immediately responded " by law but not really?" I asked her what she meant and she said "they still don't understand what life is all about."? I then asked if she thought they were more grown up at 21 or 22 and she said "some." There is NO way Cane or JDM are parents and have raised kids. No way! Cane asks me how high I am? :L Have a great day all! :suds:

:spit:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPAB3VaRmPc]The Beatles - Cry Baby Cry (2009 Stereo Remaster) - YouTube[/ame]

Damn if Bama fans aren't butt hurt.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Mamba

You think there are any troll threads about Bama and/or Saban that could go to the TB? Since that seems to be such an important issue SportsHoopla takes so much pride in preventing? :noidea:

I believe one even calls itself one? :rollseyes:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mamba

You think there are any troll threads about Bama and/or Saban that could go to the TB? Since that seems to be such an important issue SportsHoopla takes so much pride in preventing? :noidea:

Better be careful with that tattling:

th

:lol:

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mamba

4ctSUW6.jpg