• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Spurrier calls it the "Saban Rule"

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love this.

In other words, we (the defense) need an edge and have to play situational football or we can't win.

I say we let the defense change first. Them the offense can change but the defense isn't guaranteed another switch.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like defense. I don't like the fact that football has become a substitution game based on the down and distance as it interferes with the ebb and flow of a game. The nickel package ruined the NFL and all this match up play was ruining football in general. Just put your best out there and get after it.

Situational football's great. So are sub packages. Just get your subs in on your own without needing the refs to hold up the game for you.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Situational football's great. So are sub packages. Just get your subs in on your own without needing the refs to hold up the game for you.

We'll disagree then. When you need the equivalent of two teams (22) to play each side of the ball for one set of downs it isn't football anymore.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is. Do you expect linebackers to cover receivers when the offense subs in?

Matchups is everything football is about.

potzer25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is. Do you expect linebackers to cover receivers when the offense subs in?

Matchups is everything football is about.

Defense is already guaranteed a sub if the offense subs.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, as it should be. It's perfect as is.

Read the post preceding mine.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will Saban does need to adapt, and I think he is. He's going after defensive players that are a little different than what he normally does.

But if they're gonna change something, change the freaking overtime rules. Just add another 5 or 10 minute quarter

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL does overtime perfect, personally.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL does overtime perfect, personally.

I don't care for the sudden death portion of it personally. But I like the running clock...more football is what I say! :suds:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he'll also say and... "he beats the hell out of Virginia Tech and didn't even need a rule change!" :laugh3:

Saban is 2-1 vs VT :noidea: first loss was a game right up til the end, wouldn't call that beating the hell out of an opponent, 2nd loss, yeah we got the hell beat out of us, cause of ST and INT's, oh well

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is 2-1 vs VT :noidea: first loss was a game right up til the end, wouldn't call that beating the hell out of an opponent, 2nd loss, yeah we got the hell beat out of us, cause of ST and INT's, oh well

Wasn't at Alabama! Alabama is 12-1, avg score of 32.46 to 10.92!!! :laugh3:

I find it so ironic how much pride fans show for their team yet blast others! Mention beating Va Tech and 757 comes to the defense but all these same fans blast Alabama fans for doing the same thing! It's not just him. It's all fans. Want to know the difference? Alabama is getting mentioned all the time. Va Tech barely gets a mention so it appears Bama fans are always defending their team more. You know being called butthurt all the time. Hell, there's a thread slamming them every other day. I guess when you're the best you're an easy target! :whistle:

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find it so ironic how much pride fans show for their team yet blast others! Mention beating Va Tech and 757 comes to the defense but all these same fans blast Alabama fans for doing the same thing! It's not just him. It's all fans. Want to know the difference? Alabama is getting mentioned all the time. Va Tech barely gets a mention so it appears Bama fans are always defending their team more. You know being called butthurt all the time. Hell, there's a thread slamming them every other day. I guess when you dont stop whining about it you're an easy target! :whistle:

Fify

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find it so ironic how much pride fans show for their team yet blast others! Mention beating Va Tech and 757 comes to the defense but all these same fans blast Alabama fans for doing the same thing! It's not just him. It's all fans. Want to know the difference? Alabama is getting mentioned all the time. Va Tech barely gets a mention so it appears Bama fans are always defending their team more. You know being called butthurt all the time. Hell, there's a thread slamming them every other day. I guess when you're the best you're an easy target! :whistle:

you responded to my earlier post, so I responded to your response to me.

I am not talking about Alabama, I'm talking about Saban

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If no threads first = no whining (as you put it) later. Why is it whining when I defend Alabama with facts and truth but it's not when others are slamming them with nonsense? Sure sounds like whining to me about why and how Alabama is able to win! Excuses after excuses after excuses and it isn't even their damn team. I have a suggestion. Post about your own damn team! :suds:

snakeelix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we could call never winning the SEC crown the Spurrier Rule

potzer25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no threads first = no whining (as you put it) later. Why is it whining when I defend Alabama with facts and truth but it's not when others are slamming them with nonsense? Sure sounds like whining to me about why and how Alabama is able to win! Excuses after excuses after excuses and it isn't even their damn team. I have a suggestion. Post about your own damn team! :suds:

because you were wrong? the rule proposal was bad, the reason for it was bad, and saban was a large part of the reason. yet you defended it for days and days.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not seeing that in the site rules. Perhaps you should post this in the suggestion box.....or buy this place and make it a rule....:lame:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dabo Swinney called the rule change "am agenda".

Only 25 out of 128 FBS head coaches are in favor of the rule change.

Clemson Tigers coach Dabo Swinney on proposed rule: 'It's an agenda' - ESPN

“And how about the offensive guys?” he said. “Most of the time, when you look at defenses, they rotate their defensive line the whole game. We do it, most teams do it. Those offensive linemen play just about every snap. So we’re going to sit here and cry for guys who are playing 30 snaps when you’ve got guys on the other side playing 70? Give me a break. It’s an agenda, that’s what it is. If we’re going to talk about player safety, then when they’re going to blitz seven and we’ve only got six, is that extra guy going to hold his hand up before he comes so we know where he’s coming from and that kind of stuff? The whole thing is ridiculous.”