• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Spurrier calls it the "Saban Rule"

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because you were wrong? the rule proposal was bad, the reason for it was bad, and saban was a large part of the reason. yet you defended it for days and days.

So when a vote goes the other way it makes the issues wrong? Tell that to the American public and the economy! I never backed off the fact I wanted to see it to help the defenses! I also said I didn't like the 10 second rule. I preferred to add timeouts or something along those lines. Did I defend Saban? Hell yea and will continue too!!! :nod:

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive fans are pussies! When the defense might get some concessions they all moan, cry and bitch! But you didn't hear shit from defensive fans when they allowed QB's to throw it away almost from anywhere (no grounding), offensive lineman to use their hands, prevent DB's from touching receivers after 5 yards, prevent defensive players from snobber knocking the shit out of a receivers (targeting), became very lax on holding and lineman down field as well as offensive lineman truly set for one second, yet this entire thread has tried to turn it the other way. It amazes me the ignorance on this board. Now bring it on all you tough internet macho people. Start turning and twisting the facts. What part of this is not true? Try to stay on subject for a change! :nod:

I'm pretty sure nobody likes just one side of the team...

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when a vote goes the other way it makes the issues wrong? Tell that to the American public and the economy! I never backed off the fact I wanted to see it to help the defenses! I also said I didn't like the 10 second rule. I preferred to add timeouts or something along those lines. Did I defend Saban? Hell yea and will continue too!!! :nod:

Thank god youre not a psu fan.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont accept addition as truth at bama. They still consider that snake oil science only discussed on the fringes of our flat planet.

Sadly this comment shows Bama lives in your head, the poster who made the comment you and 24/7 commented on is not an Alabama fan. Rent free livin bitches, aint life great

snakeelix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont accept addition as truth at bama. They still consider that snake oil science only discussed on the fringes of our flat planet.

My bad I thought this was about now rather than ancient history/ Guess your post proves it that it was Fla not Spurrier that made the diff/ So tell me how many he has won at SC? I must have missed 2 or 3 surely

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad I thought this was about now rather than ancient history/ Guess your post proves it that it was Fla not Spurrier that made the diff/ So tell me how many he has won at SC? I must have missed 2 or 3 surely

I would like to hear this also. Please caneman, tell us about the glorious SEC titles that USCe has won under Spurrier... or anyone for that matter. The only time I know that USCe has even been in the SECCG they limped out with a royal asswhipping at the hands of Auburn. What was that score again?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to hear this also. Please caneman, tell us about the glorious SEC titles that USCe has won under Spurrier... or anyone for that matter. The only time I know that USCe has even been in the SECCG they limped out with a royal asswhipping at the hands of Auburn. What was that score again?

To be fair Spurrier has made South Carolina more successful then they have ever been, recruited better than they have ever done before and they are regularly in the top national ranking discussion. Spurrier is a HOF coach and deservingly so. You don't have to like him (I go back and forth) but he should be respected.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, coulda sworn he said "spurrier". My bad. Dont know what I was thinking.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair Spurrier has made South Carolina more successful then they have ever been, recruited better than they have ever done before and they are regularly in the top national ranking discussion. Spurrier is a HOF coach and deservingly so. You don't have to like him (I go back and forth) but he should be respected.

I can respect the body of work he has accomplished, but will not respect the man. He is no different than Saban in many respects and whines when things dont go his way much the same as many coaches do, yet he seems to get a measure of respect that Saban doesnt(though Saban is a better coach).

IMO Spurrier is only reaping the success of the EAST being a clusterfuck recently and if Florida, Georgia and Tennessee were the teams they used to be, SC would be a runnerup in third or fourth most years. This would still be an improvement over where they used to be, but still not what i would call a world beater. Hell, he even had an all world defensive player that didnt live up to his expectations, that says he can recruit them, but coaching them up is another thing altogether.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, coulda sworn he said "spurrier". My bad. Dont know what I was thinking.

Guess when he clarified and asked you to tell him how many Spurrier has won at SC you missed that. We will give you the benefit of doubt when you tell us how many he has won at SC.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can respect the body of work he has accomplished, but will not respect the man. He is no different than Saban in many respects and whines when things dont go his way much the same as many coaches do, yet he seems to get a measure of respect that Saban doesnt(though Saban is a better coach).

IMO Spurrier is only reaping the success of the EAST being a clusterfuck recently and if Florida, Georgia and Tennessee were the teams they used to be, SC would be a runnerup in third or fourth most years. This would still be an improvement over where they used to be, but still not what i would call a world beater. Hell, he even had an all world defensive player that didnt live up to his expectations, that says he can recruit them, but coaching them up is another thing altogether.

Saban is a better recruiter but as a game day coach I would take Spurrier any day of the week as would the majority of the world. I don't see Saban getting disrespected by anyone he is catching crap for his position on the 10 second rule but he earned that scorn and needs to own up to it.

You need to take those crimson colored glasses off.