• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Spurrier calls it the "Saban Rule"

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 19.5% of all coaches, but 16.9% from "power" leagues MT @McMurphyESPN Only 11 of 65 "Power 5 Conference" coaches favor 10-second rule

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love this.

A coach in favor of the rule told ESPN it was because he "would be for a change that allows the defense to substitute." Another coach in favor said, "It's more about being able to substitute and match personal than it is about (waiting a) specific time (to snap the ball)."

In other words, we (the defense) need an edge and have to play situational football or we can't win.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love this.

In other words, we (the defense) need an edge and have to play situational football or we can't win.

They don't need to change the rules to do this. LSU did it to Iowa by faking injuries on every play. Maybe saban can ask miles for some pointers.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive fans are pussies! When the defense might get some concessions they all moan, cry and bitch! But you didn't hear shit from defensive fans when they allowed QB's to throw it away almost from anywhere (no grounding), offensive lineman to use their hands, prevent DB's from touching receivers after 5 yards, prevent defensive players from snobber knocking the shit out of a receivers (targeting), became very lax on holding and lineman down field as well as offensive lineman truly set for one second, yet this entire thread has tried to turn it the other way. It amazes me the ignorance on this board. Now bring it on all you tough internet macho people. Start turning and twisting the facts. What part of this is not true? Try to stay on subject for a change! :nod:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better be careful with that tattling:

th

:lol:

Snitch? It's all right out there to see unless one's blind! :noidea:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like football.

I like offense.

I like defense.

Because I like offense I am a pussy?

Never once been called that in person. On the internet it is easy to say.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ya wanna allow the defense to substitute within 10 seconds...fine...just as long as the offenses GET TO PLAY BY THE SAME RULES as the defense gets to I would be fine with that...DO AWAY with false starts, let OLineman move around presnap, no more having to "coverup" with a receiver over the lineman...yeah that all works for me.

How bout YOU Nicky Saban?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive fans are pussies! When the defense might get some concessions they all moan, cry and bitch! But you didn't hear shit from defensive fans when they allowed QB's to throw it away almost from anywhere (no grounding), offensive lineman to use their hands, prevent DB's from touching receivers after 5 yards, prevent defensive players from snobber knocking the shit out of a receivers (targeting), became very lax on holding and lineman down field as well as offensive lineman truly set for one second, yet this entire thread has tried to turn it the other way. It amazes me the ignorance on this board. Now bring it on all you tough internet macho people. Start turning and twisting the facts. What part of this is not true? Try to stay on subject for a change! :nod:

I like defense. I don't like the fact that football has become a substitution game based on the down and distance as it interferes with the ebb and flow of a game. The nickel package ruined the NFL and all this match up play was ruining football in general. Just put your best out there and get after it.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't go that far, but the game is being ruined. The rules are now set up to allow even mediocre teams to run up and down the field at will. That said, there shouldn't be rules in place to stop an up-tempo offense.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should let the offenses do anything they want to do under the current rules. If you want to make it harder for the offenses then change the rules so a 1st down is 12 yards instead of 10. Or make the offenses start at the 15 yard line on a touchback.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Bama fane here, but Saban needs to adapt to the game, not change the rules.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far, but the game is being ruined. The rules are now set up to allow even mediocre teams to run up and down the field at will. That said, there shouldn't be rules in place to stop an up-tempo offense.

I'm on record of saying I DON'T like this 10 second rule. However, I am in favor of some changes that will help the defense. Not anything crazy and major. I like the idea of a timeout or two extra and/or being able to carry unused ones into second half. IMO, there is some bush league to the idea of an offense hurrying and trying to run a play while the defense is not ready. It reminds me of when we were kids playing backyard football and you would be talking to your friends on the other side and all of a sudden run a play while they are talking to you and not ready. Why does a college football team need to resort to that? There's just something cheap about it..to me!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adapt Saban! Adapt! He is too busy whining, when he could be adapting to his best ability. The game is changing, a lot of coaches/defenses have to adapt, you're not the only one Saban.

Saban, Bielema, etc are the pussies! Are the others are willing to adapt.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like football.

I like offense.

I like defense.

Please try and comprehend the message. :nod:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on record of saying I DON'T like this 10 second rule. However, I am in favor of some changes that will help the defense. Not anything crazy and major. I like the idea of a timeout or two extra and/or being able to carry unused ones into second half. IMO, there is some bush league to the idea of an offense hurrying and trying to run a play while the defense is not ready. It reminds me of when we were kids playing backyard football and you would be talking to your friends on the other side and all of a sudden run a play while they are talking to you and not ready. Why does a college football team need to resort to that? There's just something cheap about it..to me!

Were there any complaints when defenses dominated?? No. Now offenses are more in control. I have always been a guy who liked watching a great defense and Tressel was that way.

I think the 2 extra TO's is a good idea. But this 10 second thing gives defenses way too much control.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has allowed a lot of teams to complete/win that couldn't normally do that. But I can see where you're coming from. There have been a LOT of changes to the game lately and they ALL benefit the offense.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like football.

I like offense.

I like defense.

You're hanging out w/the wrong crowd then. Been called a pussy.. and delt it out more than my fair share as well. It's the only put-down word you're allowed to say anymore. Try using it a few times before it gets taken away from us as well.