• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Stephon Gilmore vs Michael Thomas: The twitter debate and poll

What do you think is harder to do as an NFL player?

• Catching a pass being blanketed by Gilmore

• Breaking up a pass trying to cover Michael Thomas

• Covid free potato salad for 9 people only

Results are only viewable after voting.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas thinks he’s god status.

I wonder what his numbers are without a hall of famer targeting him 30 times a game.
his #'s would be less.
but to be fair. You would say that about every WR in history.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck champ bailey

best CB i ever saw not named deion.

ruined too many seasons for me

gGHoLT.gif

Should have been Patriots ball, dammit !!!!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s far easier to make a catch than defend one. Look at the stats. The best corners in the league aren’t deflecting anywhere near as many passes as receivers are making catches.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s far easier to make a catch than defend one. Look at the stats. The best corners in the league aren’t deflecting anywhere near as many passes as receivers are making catches.
receivers move, CB's react to that move. initiating vs reacting.
WR wins.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also a lot easier to knock a pass down than it is to catch one.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably couldn’t do either, but I think defending the pass is tougher, especially with all the rules being geared towards offense

I didn't read the article but so far I didn't see anything about penalties. I would have said break up the pass cause I would be sweeping the legs or nut punch or some shit.

Fuck it, I shouldn't be out there and don't care if get thrown out of the game and I would be too winded for the next play.

LOL

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there more knockdowns and tips or catches per game?

I think that speaks more to the advantage that offenses have, short wide open passes, etc.

I'm talking, if it's physically easier to catch a football or knock a football away.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that speaks more to the advantage that offenses have, short wide open passes, etc.

I'm talking, if it's physically easier to catch a football or knock a football away.

I only played football in pick up games and practicing with son and never had any problems catching a ball, and I wasn't a receiver . It's easier on the receiver because he is the one initiating the moves, jukes and know what direction he is going, while the defender is relying on speed and instinct, much harder

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that it's obvious that who the QB is has a lot to do with this. The good ones like Brees, Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, etc have the ability to put the ball in places where only the WR can get to it and it takes something extraordinary for the defender to even get at the ball. If the WR runs the route perfectly and the QB puts the ball where it's supposed to be, it's almost impossible to defend without taking a penalty. No matter who the corner is. Hell, even back in the era when the corners could mug the receiver, the good receivers won the battle more often than not. Even without a HOF QB.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only played football in pick up games and practicing with son and never had any problems catching a ball, and I wasn't a receiver . It's easier on the receiver because he is the one initiating the moves, jukes and know what direction he is going, while the defender is relying on speed and instinct, much harder

That's true. I was thinking about the physical aspect of it being in a one on one situation. 2 guys, similar height, one has to get both hands on the ball, catch it and come down in bounds. The other guy could get a pinky on the ball and it goes sailing out of bounds.