• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steph Curry out for the Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we have 2 fluke injuries that have nothing to do with a season of grinding now.

Well, by definition, fluke injuries are out of the ordinary injuries that there is no way to prepare for. No amount of rest is going to prevent a fluke injury. Kind of why it's called a fluke.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, by definition, fluke injuries are out of the ordinary injuries that there is no way to prepare for. No amount of rest is going to prevent a fluke injury. Kind of why it's called a fluke.
I don't really think what happened to Blake Griffin to be a fluke though and to be honest I was surprised that he didn't end up getting hurt sooner. In the prior years he was very aggressive going to the basket with a lot of high fly acts, landing on his feet and glaring at players as if he was daring them to look at him the wrong way. I personally thought he had a temper and was expecting him to lose control sooner or later. Then he calmed down quite a bit last season and this I and started thinking that may be he was maturing a bit and then he takes a wild swing at a dude making a fraction of what he earns and does that to himself:L

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think what happened to Blake Griffin to be a fluke though and to be honest I was surprised that he didn't end up getting hurt sooner. In the prior years he was very aggressive going to the basket with a lot of high fly acts, landing on his feet and glaring at players as if he was daring them to look at him the wrong way. I personally thought he had a temper and was expecting him to lose control sooner or later. Then he calmed down quite a bit last season and this I and started thinking that may be he was maturing a bit and then he takes a wild swing at a dude making a fraction of what he earns and does that to himself:L

Same with D Rose and his injuries. They happen. How do you not know it's not from some wear and tear over the course of years or season - balling on those legs?

To me Plaxico shooting himself is a fluke injury. :dhd: That had nothing to do with the sport he was even playing.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Expected recovery usually occurs in 3 weeks to 3 months, depending on the severity of the injury, although lingering minor stiffness and soreness for six months is not uncommon."

2 weeks is generous

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you Basketball fans pulls the same injuries-are-no-excuse shit that NFL fans do? I mean, losing Steph is just something a good team gets past, right?

Reactions: LAD

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you Basketball fans pulls the same injuries-are-no-excuse shit that NFL fans do? I mean, losing Steph is just something a good team gets past, right?

It depends on which team is affected.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, losing Steph Curry is not the same as losing New Englands' backup Right Guard

If thats what your asking

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, losing Steph Curry is not the same as losing New Englands' backup Right Guard

True, but great teams (especially historic great teams) should be able to overcome injuries.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but great teams (especially historic great teams) should be able to overcome injuries.

Overcoming injuries? Yes. An NBA team surviving losing your franchise player & winning it all? No. The Cavs cannot win a title without LeBron just like the 90s Bulls could not win w/o Jordan. Sure the Warriors could survive the next round w/o Curry but not beyond that & neither could any other NBA team in that situation.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the Cowboys losing Tony and Dez were no big deal. Remember?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Cowboys losing Tony and Dez were no big deal. Remember?

yeah well, losing your 2 best players, one being the most important position on the field, is gonna hamper your ability to continue winning I would think

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Historically great team led by what I think will be a historically great scorer, losing him is pretty huge

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah well, losing your 2 best players, one being the most important position on the field, is gonna hamper your ability to continue winning I would think

See? that wasn't too difficult.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2a0.jpg

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overcoming injuries? Yes. An NBA team surviving losing your franchise player & winning it all? No. The Cavs cannot win a title without LeBron just like the 90s Bulls could not win w/o Jordan. Sure the Warriors could survive the next round w/o Curry but not beyond that & neither could any other NBA team in that situation.
The Cavs apparently can't even survive a single game without LBJ. Not a good example.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - if they got the stuff, then others will step up to the plate and figure it out although I would argue that is actually harder in the NFL where talented quarterbacks are harder to keep

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs apparently can't even survive a single game without LBJ. Not a good example.

I think it is a very good example. Take away Curry or LaBron & both teams are a lot worse. Granted the Warriors have a better supporting cast but likely not good enough to be true contenders. If they played the entire season w/o Curry they would obviously have a lesser seed and could be out in either the 1st or 2nd round. Probably the same for the Cavs since they have a lesser roster but play in a worse conference.

The Warriors are good, but they are benefiting by the current competition - a Rockets team that is dysfunctional & either a beat up Clippers team or a a gritty but probably undermanned Blazers team. Hopefully - they do well enough & have a healthy Curry for the Spurs or Thunder.

I would equate the Warriors w/o Curry to the Bulls team that played w/o Jordan when he played baseball. A talented team good enough to make some noise but not really a true contender & certainly not a favorite.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a very good example. Take away Curry or LaBron & both teams are a lot worse. Granted the Warriors have a better supporting cast but likely not good enough to be true contenders. If they played the entire season w/o Curry they would obviously have a lesser seed and could be out in either the 1st or 2nd round. Probably the same for the Cavs since they have a lesser roster but play in a worse conference.

The Warriors are good, but they are benefiting by the current competition - a Rockets team that is dysfunctional & either a beat up Clippers team or a a gritty but probably undermanned Blazers team. Hopefully - they do well enough & have a healthy Curry for the Spurs or Thunder.

I would equate the Warriors w/o Curry to the Bulls team that played w/o Jordan when he played baseball. A talented team good enough to make some noise but not really a true contender & certainly not a favorite.

Really?!?

Take away lebron from the cavs and they barely win 30 games. Take away Curry from the Warriors and they still win 55+ games. Any team that can win 55 or more games in the West is an immediate contender.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah there is no NBA team in history that I know of that could have missed their best player and won. Thats just not the NBA- not how its set up- its 5 guys- the star has WAY more power than in any other sport- its not even close. Its hard to even compete for a title in the NBA unless you have one of the NBA's 5 best on your team.