• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steph Curry out for the Season

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!?

Take away lebron from the cavs and they barely win 30 games. Take away Curry from the Warriors and they still win 55+ games. Any team that can win 55 or more games in the West is an immediate contender.

You could be right. However - I see the Cavs finishing a bit better and possibly sneaking into playoffs in the East. As for the Warriors - not sure about 55 games but that is possible & even having that record means playing tougher games starting in the 1st round. I could be wrong, but I see no way that a Warriors team w/o Curry wins the title.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - w/o injuries the Clippers likely were a 55 win team (they still finished w/53). Even w/ a healthy Griffin & CP3 are you honestly stating that they had a legit shot at the title? I see no way that could have happened given the competition (unless all other top seeds had major injuries).

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - w/o injuries the Clippers likely were a 55 win team (they still finished w/53). Even w/ a healthy Griffin & CP3 are you honestly stating that they had a legit shot at the title? I see no way that could have happened given the competition (unless all other top seeds had major injuries).
The problem here is that the Clippers don't have a lot of help outside of CP3, Blake & DeAndre. Clearly you can see the Warriors don't have that problem. Now, if they lose Dray AND Steph then yes you are probably right about them winning a lot lesser games.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not cool to troll the Warriors fans like this.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought MVP was the Most Valuable Player to their team. Looks like Golden State is looking just as good without him. He is still a great players but now we know, already have known, how great the players around him and how well the system works for Golden St. Klay can takeover just as much as Curry in this system and he has proved it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem here is that the Clippers don't have a lot of help outside of CP3, Blake & DeAndre. Clearly you can see the Warriors don't have that problem. Now, if they lose Dray AND Steph then yes you are probably right about them winning a lot lesser games.

I agree but let me make sure that we are clear here. Are you stating that if Curry were to not return during the postseason that the Warriors have a legit shot at the title? I see no way for that to occur barring a miracle.

BTW - my pt about the Clippers was that history shows that even with their stars they don't really have a legit shot at the title. A very good team? Yes. An NBA champion? No.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought MVP was the Most Valuable Player to their team. Looks like Golden State is looking just as good without him. He is still a great players but now we know, already have known, how great the players around him and how well the system works for Golden St. Klay can takeover just as much as Curry in this system and he has proved it.

Yeah, the problem is that the Most Valuable Player award is generally given to what is really the Most Outstanding Player.

You can make a solid case that without Curry, GSW is still likely a WCF team and maybe even able to reach the finals. He's been the Most Outstanding Player in the league all season.

But I'd say that players like Westbrook, Durant, Lebron, Lillard, etc. are more valuable to their teams overall success than Curry is to GSW's.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but let me make sure that we are clear here. Are you stating that if Curry were to not return during the postseason that the Warriors have a legit shot at the title? I see no way for that to occur barring a miracle.

BTW - my pt about the Clippers was that history shows that even with their stars they don't really have a legit shot at the title. A very good team? Yes. An NBA champion? No.
I think it will be hard for them to win it all- but it's never really easy to win, even WITH Steph. But, with the way they've played since he's been out I can't say that they have NO chance.