• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers sign Heyward-Bey.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers Sign WR Darrius Heyward-Bey

The Steelers have signed wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey to a one-year contract, the team announced today. Financial terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Nice replacement for Cothery, who went to Carolina.

We lost Sanders and picked up Moore from the Saints.

So....lost two, replaced two.

Now we can use that #1 pick on a CB or T.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Steelers have signed wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey to a one-year contract, the team announced today. Financial terms of the contract were not disclosed.

While I agree that this opens up the Steelers to more options, I don't think they should pass on a good WR/TE target if one was there.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyward-Bey is not a roster lock… I'd still go with WR in the 1st

CB is iffy, but they would be my next choice.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree! I see DHB more as a little insurance. If he sees the field in more than a few games, either a bunch of receivers will be hurt or they all suck.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree! I see DHB more as a little insurance. If he sees the field in more than a few games, either a bunch of receivers will be hurt or they all suck.

Well since they signed DHB to a "prove it" contract, that makes me believe that he is just insurance. So if they don't get their man @15 in the draft then they can feel a safer with a 2nd round WR at the least.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, Really???? :wtf:

DHB is no Jerricho Cotchery and Moore is no Sanders!!!!
If you think these two individuals are sufficient replacements...... You really need to do your homework!!!
And as far as drafting first round on the O-line..... fuck that, to many early picks have been used on the ones we have now. Its time for those boys to put on their big boy pants and get the job done!!!!! All the hype about DeCastro, Adams, Gilbert, and Pouncey, I'm tired of hearing about these boys and how much they can do.... Do it or pack your shit and GTFO of the Burgh!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Really???? :wtf:

DHB is no Jerricho Cotchery and Moore is no Sanders!!!!
If you think these two individuals are sufficient replacements...... You really need to do your homework!!!
And as far as drafting first round on the O-line..... fuck that, to many early picks have been used on the ones we have now. Its time for those boys to put on their big boy pants and get the job done!!!!! All the hype about DeCastro, Adams, Gilbert, and Pouncey, I'm tired of hearing about these boys and how much they can do.... Do it or pack your shit and GTFO of the Burgh!!!

:agree:Boom

Wheaton is essentially the replacement for Sanders… Moore will work the slot, and DHB… well… he is just insurance. And if PIT drafts Evans in the draft… then that puts Moore & Wheaton in the slot… And DHB would be nothing more than a camp body.

And I'm with Psych here… Not a chance they draft an O-lineman in the 1st (or rounds 2-4 for that matter). They already have 8 lineman under contract for next season. And they only dress 7-8 per game.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:Boom

Wheaton is essentially the replacement for Sanders… Moore will work the slot, and DHB… well… he is just insurance. And if PIT drafts Evans in the draft… then that puts Moore & Wheaton in the slot… And DHB would be nothing more than a camp body.

And I'm with Psych here… Not a chance they draft an O-lineman in the 1st (or rounds 2-4 for that matter). They already have 8 lineman under contract for next season. And they only dress 7-8 per game.

Yea, there are way to many above average WR this year to say no to them, and EVANS IMO would be an excellent fit for our scrapy offence. Big, physical kid... we could use that!!!!

I really just at times wonder if the OP throws up shit because they are an
attention%20whore.gif

or are they just
smileydontgetit.gif

But some of these threads are like
whatever.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, there are way to many above average WR this year to say no to them, and EVANS IMO would be an excellent fit for our scrapy offence. Big, physical kid... we could use that!!!!

I really just at times wonder if the OP throws up shit because they are an http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/smilies/attention whore.gif
or are they just http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/smilies/smileydontgetit.gif
But some of these threads ore like http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/smilies/whatever.gif

Yep… 90% of the time she does the post-and-leave maneuver… Doesn't want to involve herself in the discussion… I think She just likes to boost her thread count..

Evans is at the top of my wish list for this draft.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans reminds me of a bigger Hines Ward....

Love seeing a WR put hard ass linebackers on thier asses!!!!

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep… 90% of the time she does the post-and-leave maneuver… Doesn't want to involve herself in the discussion… I think She just likes to boost her thread count..

Evans is at the top of my wish list for this draft.

Mine too. With HeyBey in the fold, I see no reason why the Steelers shouldn't pass on Evans and allow him to fall into the Ravens' lap.

:hammer:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol? I like how the TC states that because of signing DHB that somehow the WR position is now fine.

DHB....... LOL. Guy is a backup at best and I would not want him on my team if in a 3rd down or critical situation.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All reports I've read says we'll go WR first.