• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers Coming to Denver - Jan 17

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read on MHR a few members of the Broncos defense are not forgetting that cheap hit Cody Wallace put on Bruton, ending his season. They've intimated they will be gunning for him, but within the confines of the rules. More so looking for legal opportunities to blast that fat fuck. Now I do not at all want to see our players taking cheap shots, but if it's legal I say make it a very unpleasant experience for him. But more importantly I hope our guys just keep their wits about them and pay the ultimate revenge: ending Wallace and the Steelers season.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best way to exact revenge is to score points. One reason opposing players rarely trash talked with me and such was that I'd usually make them pay on the scoreboard whenever they did.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it with Williams. I'll believe it with Brown when I see him in street clothes on the sideline after the game kicks off. I think he'll start. Either way, the Broncos need to be ready for a dogfight. I don't feel it's any less a win if Ben, Brown and Williams all three are limited or miss the game outright. I don't have a toss of sympathy for any team when their players get injured. Now I won't root for it to happen, of course. But if Ben can't make many of the throws in his usual arsenal, advantage Broncos.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you would figure that out. Favorite QB number. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burfict 3 game suspension for his hit on Brown.

I've got this feeling Brown will be doubtful until about Friday then he will become a GTD and play.

We will see. Would be HUGE if he was out with Williams and Big Ben was limited. Big Ben will probably have have shoulder surgery and re-attach a new shoulder in time for the game.

:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing 17 is because his birthday is on the 17th. Just a hunch. :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have come to despise Tomlin. He's a cheater and a coach that encourages legal activity.
His sideline play couple years ago, Cody Wallace late hit, Joey Porter the neurologist on the field

I hope Denver curb stomps that Mike Epps looking ass-wipe back to Steel town

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So saw some interesting statistics on Big Ben this year...

He is 5-1 at home (the one loss was to the Bengals his first game back from injury) and 3-3 on the road.

His team at home averages 38 points per game and never scored less than 30 in the games that he played.

On the road this year he averaged 23.5 points per game.

His QB rating at home was 102.4 while on the road 86.0

Touchdowns also were a huge difference. He had 16 touchdowns to 7 interceptions for home games and 5 touchdowns to 9 interceptions on the road.

Now given some QB's can really step up their game come playoff time where you throw the regular season stats out the window. Still with him hurt and some struggles on the road I honestly do feel just a tad bit more comfortable with the thought of us winning.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to be as objective as possible, but I'm having a hard time coming up with ways for the Steelers to win this game. Everything seems to be pointed in Denver's favor.
  • At home
  • Rested
  • Healthier
  • Extra motivated
That last one is the key. This defense was embarrassed in Pittsburgh, and I think they really want to make a statement that that game was a fluke and they are better than that.

As for health, I have no doubt Roethlisberger will play, I just wonder how effective he can be, especially when he starts getting hit. His only long throw the other night he sailed over Brown's head. If he's at all limited it could be really tough for the Steelers offense to get going.

As for Brown, remember that he's in concussion protocol and an independent doctor has to clear him to play. The Steelers don't get a say in the matter. At this point I'd put it at 50/50.

Unfortunately, the Steelers defense matches up pretty well against our offense. Their run d is good and they have a great pass rush. Their weakness is really in giving up deep passes, which unfortunately is what our offense doesn't do well. The Broncos have to protect Manning, and he needs to at least hit a couple of deep balls to back off the defense to open things up for the running game. I'd like to see him throw a couple of jump balls to DT, who always seems to play well against the Steelers.

The main thing is, don't turn the ball over. We do that, we win easily. I think we can protect the ball well enough, and the defense holds down a banged up Steelers offense, and the Broncos win 23-13.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blitz time .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have come to despise Tomlin. He's a cheater and a coach that encourages legal activity.
His sideline play couple years ago, Cody Wallace late hit, Joey Porter the neurologist on the field

I hope Denver curb stomps that Mike Epps looking ass-wipe back to Steel town

Ironically enough Jacoby Jones was the player in the sideline play. Tomlin signed him for a bit this year before cutting him. Just sorta ironic.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a great game. I'm sure Ben will play. Hopefully, we put the Orange Crush on his fat ass. Broncos should be VERY motivated for this game.
GO BRONCOS!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't and won't take them lightly no matter who is in, who is out. Who is 100% etc.. It's the playoffs, but just saw this.

Ben Roethlisberger - QB - Steelers
In a radio interview, Ben Roethlisberger said he has torn ligaments in his right (throwing) shoulder in addition to a sprained AC joint.
ESPN's Bob Holtzman reported Monday Roethlisberger is "very likely" to play Sunday against the Broncos, but Roethlisberger did not sound as sure in the interview. He will certainly be limited even if he suits up. Likely without Antonio Brown (concussion), unable to push the ball downfield and playing against the best defense in the league, Roethlisberger will struggle to move the ball. It could be a long day for Pittsburgh.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ben and Brown can play, they'll still be effective. Cut out the long game, and those two are still deadly short. Those two playing well are critical for a win.

I hope, and expect to see a cleaner game this Sunday against you guys. Hope everyone comes out of it healthy. Secondary to the Steelers winning, I just want to see NE lose.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only Tuesday so I'll save how I really feel for later in the week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw somebody post a picture of the injury report back in week 15. Seems like things have really reversed for our 2 teams...

They had 0 players out, 0 players doubtful, and 0 players questionable for that game.

We had Bolden, Manning, McCray, and Ward all listed as out, 0 for doubtful, and Anderson, Caldwell, Davis, Fowler, Mathis, and Stewart all listed as questionable.

From the sound of practice I think the 2 players possibly listed as questionable will be Osweiler and Stewart. Both are still expected to play though.