• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers Coming to Denver - Jan 17

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he is getting at it is that if Manning plays the entire game it hopefully means things are going well. :)
I have to say, Manning looked a lot more comfortable this last go around. Wasn't it like 50/50 shotgun vs. under center? The one thing that bothers me a bit are the two overthrows.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did...

I will say this. It was nice to see him overthrow then go wobbly and short. Felt like his arm strength looked much better.

2 over throws after 6/7 weeks off isn't a huge concern of mine by any means, especially when he had been throwing short ducks all year. Ill take it as a sign of hope. :)

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we can make a statement here. Some Chiefs fans I know view their game against the Patriots as "the real AFC Championship game", and some are even making plans for "when the Chiefs host the Steelers next week". I'd like for them to view Denver with a bit more trepidation.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have noticed a lot of annoying Chiefs fans the last month of football. Typical Chiefs fans thinking they have something in the bags. For a franchise that has one a total of one Super Bowl which was ages ago they sure do get ahead of themselves everytime they have a playoff caliber season.

For a team that hadn't won a playoff game for 22 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting fact of the day...

In 1997 the Broncos went 12-4 with 3 of those losses being to Oakland, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh

In 2015 we have gone 12-4 with 3 of those losses being to Oakland, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh

Chance that we play 3 of the 4 teams we played in those playoffs with Pittsburgh being who we played in the AFC Championship game and Kansas City in the Divisional Round then Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl.

As for info from practice today...

Von Miller was sent home sick

Osweiler did some throwing early on but then went to the sideline for the rest of practice.

Chris Harris and Darian Stewart were both back at practice today!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be weird fact day...

Our last Super Bowl win happened when

Star Wars was the #1 movie and George H.W. Bush's son was running for president

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ben is hindered at all throwing, I think the Denver defense eats them alive. I must say it is amazing how many questions this game depends on when it comes to the injuries and what to expect from Manning. Too many unknowns to try to even guess how it will all play out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every once in a while players really give a great inside scoop to the team.

Chris Harris talking about the difference of this team compared to last year. He said that coaches and players both were focused more on getting paid than they were on winning in the playoffs. Said things are very different this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Thomas' mom will be at the game! She has been cleared to travel. Still working out the logistics but maybe this will really help him focus on wanting to have a great game for her.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Thomas' mom will be at the game! She has been cleared to travel. Still working out the logistics but maybe this will really help him focus on wanting to have a great game for her.
I'm really happy for both of them!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller not at practice today.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes down to which Denver team shows up. I think this team can beat anyone in AFC if their motivated.

Hello. Just visiting...not here to troll or trash talk.

I found the above quote funny...because you could change "Denver" to "Pittsburgh," and it'd be equally true.

Steelers D has been especially schizophrenic this season...red hot for one quarter, borderline incompetent the next.

Here's my prediction: if both Ben and Antonio Brown play, and if Ben is even 80% as effective as usual, my boys will give yours a run for their money. If not, you'll probably kill us.

And if Denver wins, I hope they go all the way. I have some family in Colorado, and have enjoyed visiting your state. That's reason enough to root for your boys, if they head for the title game.

Here's hoping for a good game, with no serious injuries on either side. :suds:

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I found the above quote funny...because you could change "Denver" to "Pittsburgh," and it'd be equally true.

Steelers D has been especially schizophrenic this season...red hot for one quarter, borderline incompetent the next.

Here's my prediction: if both Ben and Antonio Brown play, and if Ben is even 80% as effective as usual, my boys will give yours a run for their money. If not, you'll probably kill us.

And if Denver wins, I hope they go all the way. I have some family in Colorado, and have enjoyed visiting your state. That's reason enough to root for your boys, if they head for the title game.

I think you can be sure if the Steelers advance there won't be any Broncos fans for the Pats/Chiefs winner!

Were you ever from the Pittsburgh area or just chose to be a Steelers fan from a distance?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice to make your acquaintance NCSF. Very true and I have no doubt we'll get both Ben and Brown Sunday and they'll both be able to give it there all. I think the larger issue will be D. Williams not being able to go. Not sold on Truissant and ? being effective vs that Denver D that is healthier with Ward and Stewart ready to go. If Pitt can't get any run game going, Ben could have long day. However, if those backs are able to loosen that D, could be rough day for Denver secondary vs Pitt wrs...again. Here's to a great one-sided Broncos victory! :suds:

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can be sure if the Steelers advance there won't be any Broncos fans for the Pats/Chiefs winner!

Were you ever from the Pittsburgh area or just chose to be a Steelers fan from a distance?

I was born and raised just inside eastern Ohio, about 40 miles west of Pittsburgh. Started watching Steelers games with my father before we had cable; 3 of the 5 channels we could get were Pittsburgh stations. So yes, I'm pretty much from there.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born and raised just inside eastern Ohio, about 40 miles west of Pittsburgh. Started watching Steelers games with my father before we had cable; 3 of the 5 channels we could get were Pittsburgh stations. So yes, I'm pretty much from there.
I went to Jr High and HS in Greensburg, east of Pittsburgh and then my parents moved to Beaver Falls after I left for college - so know the area pretty well. Still have a couple family members in the area and get back there almost every year. Lots of good people around there.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to Jr High and HS in Greensburg, east of Pittsburgh and then my parents moved to Beaver Falls after I left for college - so know the area pretty well. Still have a couple family members in the area and get back there almost every year. Lots of good people around there.

I've been to Greensburg a couple of times. One of the best Italian dinners I ever had was in a little, extremely old restaurant there...name of Nunzio's, I think. Not sure it's still there.

I don't think I've been to Beaver Falls, though I drive past it on the Turnpike when visiting friends in Pittsburgh.

Like I said, I was born and raised in the Upper Ohio Valley, which is solid Steelers country. Now I'm in Browns territory, but I could never switch allegiances.

Nice talking to ya, but I must depart. My dogs are overdue for a walk.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in an interesting note, Peyton Manning has $2 Million reasons to reach the Super Bowl, and another $2 million reasons to win it all.

Would be nice to see him have 3 more good games left in the tank.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to make your acquaintance NCSF. Very true and I have no doubt we'll get both Ben and Brown Sunday and they'll both be able to give it there all. I think the larger issue will be D. Williams not being able to go. Not sold on Truissant and ? being effective vs that Denver D that is healthier with Ward and Stewart ready to go. If Pitt can't get any run game going, Ben could have long day. However, if those backs are able to loosen that D, could be rough day for Denver secondary vs Pitt wrs...again. Here's to a great one-sided Broncos victory! :suds:
Well, in an interesting note, Peyton Manning has $2 Million reasons to reach the Super Bowl, and another $2 million reasons to win it all.

Would be nice to see him have 3 more good games left in the tank.
Amen to that!