• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers Coming to Denver - Jan 17

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep I hope Payton goes out like Elway a winner in the SB.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opie loves his money so you know he is going to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on these next 3 games

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright updates from practice and random stats

The Broncos and Steelers have met 7 times in the playoffs. The winner went on to the Super Bowl 5 of the 7 times.

10 years ago today was one of the best Bronco wins of the last 20 years. It was the famous win against the Patriots who had never lost in the playoffs. It produced what was probably one of my favorite 10 plays in Bronco history with Champ Bailey picking off Tom Brady at the goal line and running it back to the 1!

Von Miller said that him being sick yesterday was from eating some bad mozzarella sticks. He said "can't put regular gas in a Ferrari."

Looking more and more like Antonio Brown will not be playing. He has not even been cleared out of the first stage of the Concussion protocol. Usually they want you doing light work by this point in the week if you are going to play. Doesn't mean he won't as players have miraculously come back from worse but not a good sign.
As for Bronco updates. Von Miller and Malik Jackson both back as full participants after being sent home sick yesterday.

Brock Osweiler again did very little work at practice. Good chance the Broncos suit up 3 QB's this Sunday.

Max Garcia was limited with a Groin Injury.

Everybody else from what I have read was a full participant.

As for other Steelers players beyond Brown Will Allen and Matt Spaeth did not practice but it was not injury related from what I understand. D. Williams is the other that sat out with injury and most likely doesn't play

Robert Golden, Will Johnson, Big Ben, and Vince Williams were all limited at practice today. Everyone else was full participant.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers rule Brown out for Sunday - didn't pass concussion protocal.

Will Pacman apologize?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers rule Brown out for Sunday - didn't pass concussion protocal.

Will Pacman apologize?

I doubt he apologizes. Usually people with his type of attitude even when they are very obviously proven wrong just back themselves further into a corner.

I do feel for Brown but it is a nice break for the Broncos for sure. We honestly have no excuses for this game of why we shouldn't win now. Not saying that guarantees us a win as with any NFL game anything can happen but I think it would take some very unlucky breaks going against us to lose this one.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think PacMan should start by apologizing to his own teammates. He wasn't the one that injured Brown anyway.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, despite that being an ugly hit I expected Brown to play. I suspected, perhaps wrongly, that the protocol was to a great extent just lip service. It's too bad Brown won't play. Too bad for the Steelers, that is. I personally don't care. Steelers at full health or not, the Broncos have to bring their best game on Sunday or they are going to lose. Bring their best game and they have a fighting chance, even a high likelihood to win.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the final official injury report is out.

The Broncos have 1 player listed as Questionable and that is Brock Osweiler. He is expected to play/suit up though after practicing today. Everyone else is Probable or better. This is probably the healthiest we have been in a long time. Only 2 players actually were limited in practice today and those were Osweiler and JuWan Thompson as he has been sick.

As for the Steelers

We obviously have heard Brown is out as is DeAngelo Williams.

The Questionable players are Will Johnson and Ben Roethlisberger. Everyone else is Probable for the game. So the Steelers while they have 3 of their best players possibly missing the rest of the team is actually decently healthy for this upcoming game.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm worried that Schofield might be starting

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver can jump to a 14 point lead early, I think Steelers will fold emotionally in this one. The longer Denver lets them hang around the more confidence they'll have and then it's anybody's game. Crucial Denver takes their wind out early. I just think without AB and Williams, it won't take much for them to start doubting. Hope I'm right.:)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game doesn't matter. Whoever wins this game just gets the honor of losing to New England, big whoop.

Until Denver stops blowing big games or coming out flat when it counts I'm gonna continue to have no faith in them.

They're gonna have to really destroy Pittsburgh for me to even think about giving them a chance against NE.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game doesn't matter. Whoever wins this game just gets the honor of losing to New England, big whoop.

Until Denver stops blowing big games or coming out flat when it counts I'm gonna continue to have no faith in them.

They're gonna have to really destroy Pittsburgh for me to even think about giving them a chance against NE.
Because Denver lost last time they played the Patriots...... oh wait!

By all rights, Chiefs should have won this game. If the Chiefs can almost beat the Patriots in their house, Denver can most certainly beat them at Mile High.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Denver lost last time they played the Patriots...... oh wait!

By all rights, Chiefs should have won this game. If the Chiefs can almost beat the Patriots in their house, Denver can most certainly beat them at Mile High.

Well considering NE is healthy this time compared to last time you can't really use that as an example. Plus Peyton is starting and not Brock. And I know we had injuries the last time we played too but it didn't compare to theirs.

Just like how we blew it against it Oakland and Pittsburgh and did everything we could to lose against SD this team showed me that once again they cave under pressure. It's like I've been saying for months, this team hasn't proven to me that they can win when their supposed to and show the kind of consistency you expect from a top caliber team in the NFL.

Once people stop expecting Denver to lose and actually talks them up this team gets a big head and stops trying to prove how good they are. It happened when Shanahan was coach, it happened when Fox was coach, and so far it's happened since Kubiak has been the coach.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering NE is healthy this time compared to last time you can't really use that as an example. Plus Peyton is starting and not Brock. And I know we had injuries the last time we played too but it didn't compare to theirs.

Just like how we blew it against it Oakland and Pittsburgh and did everything we could to lose against SD this team showed me that once again they cave under pressure. It's like I've been saying for months, this team hasn't proven to me that they can win when their supposed to and show the kind of consistency you expect from a top caliber team in the NFL.
You certainly can compare the two. We were just as hard hit as they were in that game. And we still beat them. They are at "full strength" now as you say, and were lucky the Chiefs kept shooting themselves in the foot. They certainly did nothing to show me they're suddenly some unbeatable juggernaut.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Duffman is the bizzaro me. ;)

Glad for the opportunity to play the Pats in Denver- if the Broncos win tomorrow.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since 2001, Pats at Denver:
2 losses
7 wins

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once people stop expecting Denver to lose and actually talks them up this team gets a big head and stops trying to prove how good they are. It happened when Shanahan was coach, it happened when Fox was coach, and so far it's happened since Kubiak has been the coach.

So Kubiak has shown it? So they beat the #2, #3, and #5 seed in the AFC and the #3 and #5 seed in the NFC this year yet Kubiak hasn't shown he can coach in the big games? I guess I am having trouble following you on this.

Or how about the last time we played New England in the AFC Championship game who won that game? Where was it played? Tom Brady has done terrible in Denver. As shown above in the last 9 games he is 2-7 against the Broncos. He won in 2011 against Tim Tebow in Denver and the other win was in 2003 when the Broncos had to start their 3rd string QB because of injuries and it took a last second touchdown for them to win. So to me if anything New England has more to prove that they can win in Denver than that we can't win big games as we have close to half our victories this year against teams that are in the playoffs.

When we have lost this year it has been on the fact that we turn the ball over more than anything else. 3 of our 4 losses we lost the turnover battle by 2 or more. The other loss was when both our starting Safeties were out of the game and we got torched by the Steelers in the 2nd half. While I am not saying that the Broncos roll the Patriot or the Steelers as still have to win that one first I think the Broncos have just as good a chance as anybody to go out and win.