• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: STEELERS/BROWNS

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EJbCSiwWoAIGrAM.jpg

:dhd:

NFL-Solomon

The Father of The Potato Salad Poll Option
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if you get tackled late (which happens a lot in this league) that is no reason to rip someone elses helmet off. Sorry excuse. Garrett’s act is unforgivable but everybody is acting like Mason is innocent. Completely false. He has no right to rip a players’ helmet off if he is tackled late lol.

Garrett is an idiot but throughout all the years of the Steers being one of the dirtiest organizations in football...I think the Browns had 30 years of pent up energy and hatred.

either way Kitchens needs to go. I dont like this team. I dont want the Browns reputation to be like the Steelers

Time to get a thicker set. (of glasses)

In what retard dimension did Rudolph actually rip off Garrett's helmet?

Looked like it was still on his head to me.

The fact you would equate TRYING to remove a helmet, with ACTUALLY removing a helmet and then BRAINING someone with a helmet, means the retard dimension is between your ears.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course Mason says nothing in the postgame about what he did as well...he absolutely started this thing by ripping Garrett’s helmet off. Classic Steeler...scUM

he probably will get fined which says a lot about this league. Protect QB’s under every circumstance.
AGAIN you repeat your retardism, imagining garrett's helmet ever came off. I bet you imagine you can think, too.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually pointed out the opposite in regards to if Mason had suffered an egregious injury or death.
The point is, you can't equate an alleged act with video proof it never actually occurred -1, with 2 actual acts with video proof they actually occurred -2

1 - Rudolph ripped off Garretts helmet
2 - Garrett ripped off Rudolph's helmet and then hit him in the unprotected head with it.

AND then try to blame the victim of the actual assault for the whole thing.

That, is EPIC IDIOCY.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is, you can't equate an alleged act with video proof it never actually occurred -1, with 2 actual acts with video proof they actually occurred -2

1 - Rudolph ripped off Garretts helmet
2 - Garrett ripped off Rudolph's helmet and then hit him in the unprotected head with it.

AND then try to blame the victim of the actual assault for the whole thing.

That, is EPIC IDIOCY.

Who is blaming Rudolph for the whole thing?

I mean he did escalate it but that doesn't mean Myles shouldn't be held accountable from the NFL

I haven't seen anyone who seriously suggested Mason get more of a suspension than Myles

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh! All this forum talk has me tired. I'm drinking a beer...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett demonstrating how to properly rip off a helmet isn't really worth all the SportsHoopla today.

Mason cries and Garrett pounced. Then total thug Pouncey tries Haynesworthing Garrett in the head.

What a shitshow by the Steelers.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rudolph trying to rip off Garrett's helmet (and violently twisting Garrett's neck in the process) is NOT worthy of a penalty? WTF?

I think your characterization is exaggerated and everything that happened prior to Garrett grabbing and yanking Rudolph's face mask was no more than the tussling we see routinely when a ball-carrier isn't happy with the actions of his tackler.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw a two minute clip of the play in question, so I can't comment on what happened prior to said incident. From that perspective, I didn't see roughing the passer by Garrett on the takedown of Rudolph. For whatever reason, Rudolph goes for Garretts helmet and that's when Myles snaps.

Garrett should be tossed for the rest of the year...but Rudolph and Pouncey ain't innocent either.
I'd say most of us are basically in agreement with this. The amount of the suspensions and or fines are arguable. I'd also say Ogunjobi deserves a fine.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I was away from any media and now see the suspensions.
Garrett will appeal so we'll see where that goes. I agree with Pounceys 3 games, and I think Ogunjobi should only have been fined. I really thought Rudolph would have faced a fine also.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^ Nothing happend that we haven't seen 100 times before until Garrett ripped the helmet off and hit Rudolph with it. Rudolph should get nothing imo.
He won't.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still confused how correctly pointing out Garrett started the whole thing is somehow saying Rudolph is innocent.

Most people freely admit Rudolph escalated it all. Garrett just started and absolutely finished it.
It's hitting the guy over the head with the helmet that crossed the line. I don't give a shit who started it.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that it was so long after the ball was thrown is what makes it roughing the passer.

Between Rudolph releasing the ball (losing touch) and him having a hold of Garrett's helmet is about two seconds... between him releasing the ball and him
being on the ground is about a second.... so absolute BS.

Rudolph being taken down was NOT long after the ball was gone. It is the type of play we see many times every single sunday, without any flags being thrown - even when it is Brady taken down... hell, they rarely threw a flag with this type of play when Peyton Manning was the QB involved. Note how roughing was never called (the first flag was when Garret ripped of the helmet).

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are missing the point. Again I am not excusing

Rudolph's part in creating the incident but what he did happens in most games. The two were also separated and yes Rudolph ran back at him but that in no way warrants Garrett using the helmet was a weapon. That would be like Jason Terry charging Lebron...Terry isnt doing anything to Lebron.

The argument was that Garrett should not have lost his cool... and no word about Rudolph losing his cool, starting the incident and escalating it TWICE. The second one being a charge into Garrett who was already being restrained by De Castro.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are missing the point. Again I am not excusing

Rudolph's part in creating the incident but what he did happens in most games. The two were also separated and yes Rudolph ran back at him but that in no way warrants Garrett using the helmet was a weapon. That would be like Jason Terry charging Lebron...Terry isnt doing anything to Lebron.

BTW, what Rudolph did does not happen in most games at all... and when it is anyone other than the QB doing it, it usually provokes condemnation from fans and media alike. But since it is a QB doing it, the way the incident escalated and QB's can do no wrong in the eyes of Aikman, Rudolph is being completely excused, while he was the one lighting the fuse, not once but twice.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikmen said Rudolph's hand somehow got stuck on Garrets helmet and he was trying to pull it out.

Which clearly shows how much of an idiot Aikman is.... as there is clear visual evidence of Rudolph doing the complete opposite. But Aikman will find any excuse he can for misbehaviour of a QB on the field.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your characterization is exaggerated and everything that happened prior to Garrett grabbing and yanking Rudolph's face mask was no more than the tussling we see routinely when a ball-carrier isn't happy with the actions of his tackler.

Well, I do think we do not see it (one hand holding the face mask, the other having the fingers wrapped around the bottom of the helmet in the back - which is what Rudolph did; so using TWO hands at the same time) regularly, even in a tackling. Especially since Garrett Rudolph go pretty much the moment they hit the ground (with Garrett at the bottom).

And on the rare occasion that that does happen (and I have not seen something like that in a very long while, if ever) it is roundly condemned by everyone (but since it was a QB who was the perp, and because of what happened thereafter, the media has been absolutely silent).