• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers Board

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it will.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As said earlier, pick a town just outside the NFL blackout zone, but still in the DMA for the regional Fox sports. Pick an actual street address but make up a street number between existing ones.

If you ever have to schedule a tech to come out though, you will need to call first to have your service address changed back to actuality.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Im not sure, when I had Pa channels, I had the Big 10 Network, when I switched to Baltimore I still have the Big 10 Network..

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Columbus outside the blackout zone? They might still get FOXCN.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could probably also get a sports package that will give you some regional specific fox sports.... For instance, I'm pretty sure their is a way for Clevelanders to get fox sports for several parts of ohio if they pony up a couple bucks a month for one of those random sports packages. The alternative here is to call up and complain about service and ask if they'll give it to you for free.

I generally try to get one or two things free from directv per year.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Columbus outside the blackout zone? They might still get FOXCN.

The zone ends somewhere between Dayton and Columbus I believe. That area is Reds country so it would stand to reason that they'd still get FSOH and FSCIN.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could probably also get a sports package that will give you some regional specific fox sports.... For instance, I'm pretty sure their is a way for Clevelanders to get fox sports for several parts of ohio if they pony up a couple bucks a month for one of those random sports packages. The alternative here is to call up and complain about service and ask if they'll give it to you for free.

But still, based on address the live games would be blacked out on those channels if you don't "live" in the designated market area.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But still, based on address the live games would be blacked out on those channels if you don't "live" in the designated market area.

Nah, the blackout rule only exists in the greedy NFL world.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The zone ends somewhere between Dayton and Columbus I believe. That area is Reds country so it would stand to reason that they'd still get FSOH and FSCIN.
Worst you can do is pick a southwest Columbus suburb, and see what you get or not. You can always change again if it doesn't work.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can also change your service address back after football season. I'm fairly sure that the directv phone people are told NOT to ask questions. They seem more than happy to do this for their customers. If Directv had it their way, they would have just offered New York or LA NBC, ABC, and CBS to everyone and not had to deal with local channels. Then local channels got all greedy about commercial revenue and it caused a ton of time and expense for Directv. In some places it hasn't even been solved - There are several cities where you can't get your locals on Directv unless you get a waiver - which I'm told is nearly impossible. That's what created this loophole and I get the idea that Directv doesn't give a damn.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You musta went to college or somethin.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, the blackout rule only exists in the greedy NFL world.
Wrong. All of my Pirates and Penguins games were blacked out on FOXPT until I made my "move".

To be clear, we are talking about 2 different blackout rules...the NFL one is for local broadcasts of games that don't sell out. The Regional FOX blackout rules are based on whether you live in the team's market area. I can't see any MLB live games on FOX sports except for the ones of my market's team(s). I have all the regional sports networks package, so I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. All of my Pirates and Penguins games were blacked out on FOXPT until I made my "move".

That don't make one bit of damn sense. You may be crazy.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
You can also change your service address back after football season. I'm fairly sure that the directv phone people are told NOT to ask questions. They seem more than happy to do this for their customers. If Directv had it their way, they would have just offered New York or LA NBC, ABC, and CBS to everyone and not had to deal with local channels. Then local channels got all greedy about commercial revenue and it caused a ton of time and expense for Directv. In some places it hasn't even been solved - There are several cities where you can't get your locals on Directv unless you get a waiver - which I'm told is nearly impossible. That's what created this loophole and I get the idea that Directv doesn't give a damn.

Just dont do what I did, the box in our spare bedroom wouldnt work, so I called Direct TV, they say they will be out the next day....

My mom calls me at work, they went to her house in Md :peep: