• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers Board

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Steelers have 43,000+ posts over there, but 40,000+ posts are made up in 4 threads relating to OT BS stuff.

Why do the Steelers board not have many relavent threads going on discussing their team from week to week? Seems like a place for Steelers fans to geth together and just BS rather than discuss their team hardcore like we do. Just an observation.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yup. I looked at it a week or two ago. And in one of their BS thread, they had some I think 600 posts in 2-3 days.

I read a couple pages and almost threw up.

Just sayin'.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I looked at it a week or two ago. And in one of their BS thread, they had some I think 600 posts in 2-3 days.

I read a couple pages and almost threw up.

Just sayin'.

Next time, feel free to read it whilst lying on yer back, and don't roll over. Just suggestin.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think I'm here? :)

Many of the old guard at the ESPN board I tried to get over here to SportsHoopla, but they had already set up another message board and didn't feel like moving again. That's where I go to get my serious Steeler fix. Crav and Money have posted there as well.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think I'm here? :)

Many of the old guard at the ESPN board I tried to get over here to SportsHoopla, but they had already set up another message board and didn't feel like moving again. That's where I go to get my serious Steeler fix. Crav and Money have posted there as well.

Where did they go?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pghsportstalk.com

Just don't troll. :)

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of us are a product of foxsports where individual users can't post topics rather all discussion is done on one board under your teams main page or under articles on the site...so we are just more used to bringing up new topics on our BS threads rather than starting a shit ton of new ones

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Steelers have 43,000+ posts over there, but 40,000+ posts are made up in 4 threads relating to OT BS stuff.

Why do the Steelers board not have many relavent threads going on discussing their team from week to week? Seems like a place for Steelers fans to geth together and just BS rather than discuss their team hardcore like we do. Just an observation.

Actually, we DO discuss our team all the time...we just don't limit ourselves to that. Most of us are transplants from Greater Pitt, flung all over the U.S., where there is little interest in our team. So we got together on Fox, where we tended to spend more time than fans of other teams with more localized fan bases. That extra time led to friendships. Yeah, we talk about other stuff...so what? There's no harm in it. Not your cup of tea? Fine. Stay here, be "hardcore," if that's what blows yer skirt up.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still there...click on "View Active Topics" and you'll see more.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry folks...and now back to your regularly scheduled Steeler bashing. :D

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it funny...delightfully ironic, in fact, that some of y'all accuse US of being obsessive. If we were cool, like you, we'd bookmark our page and avoid looking at SportsHoopla's main page. Obviously, we're patrolling that page, to look for anything that might offend our delicate egos as Steelers fans. Oh, brother.

But the funny thing is, we don't have two threads about you guys or your team on OUR page. So who the fuck is obsessed? :pound:

BTW, I don't hate the Bengals. It's good that they're doing well this year. I'd love to see a second team from the AFC North make the playoffs...as long as it ain't the Ravens or Browns.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hmmmmmmm,a Bengals fan starting a thread on the Steelers,that's odd,this sounds a little like envy to me ,yes we talk about everything so what.

as for the bengal fans being hardcore I don't see that, 1 year out of 5 the team is any good,what is there to talk about,

tell me about being hardcore fans when the team has strung together 3 winning seasons in a row

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmmmmm,a Bengals fan starting a thread on the Steelers,that's odd,this sounds a little like envy to me ,yes we talk about everything so what.

as for the bengal fans being hardcore I don't see that, 1 year out of 5 the team is any good,what is there to talk about,

tell me about being hardcore fans when the team has strung together 3 winning seasons in a row

What does a team's record have to do with being a fan? We don't play for them and we don't influence the w/l record - We just root for them. It's pretty hardcore to continue to follow a team when that team puts you through what most of us have been forced to live with.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does a team's record have to do with being a fan? We don't play for them and we don't influence the w/l record - We just root for them. It's pretty hardcore to continue to follow a team when that team puts you through what most of us have been forced to live with.

yeah I kind of feel sorry for you guys

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to feel sorry -- It's a sport. It's a game and ultimately it's our choice to root for the Bengals.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to feel sorry -- It's a sport. It's a game and ultimately it's our choice to root for the Bengals.

be honest,wouldn't it be nice to at least have a winning record every year even going 8 & 8 is better than what the Bengals have been doing,I would quit watching the games and just check the box scores if it was my team,,,,everyone wants to win