• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Steelers at Ravens

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens season has gone in the toilet. Harbaugh may get fired

So I'm hearing...maybe I'm just seeing this from the other side of the fence, but I think Harbaugh is still one of the better HCs in the league...talent is iffy. Especially on OFC. If they do let Harbaugh go, John Dorsey from CLE should jump on him.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm hearing...maybe I'm just seeing this from the other side of the fence, but I think Harbaugh is still one of the better HCs in the league...talent is iffy. Especially on OFC. If they do let Harbaugh go, John Dorsey from CLE should jump on him.

Agreed. Is Newsome still running their drafts? At one time, he was considered a great talent evaluator.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Is Newsome still running their drafts? At one time, he was considered a great talent evaluator.

Retiring...every GM misses on some picks and for a long time Ozzie was nailing just about everything except WR in the draft, but he would always plug that hole in free agency. Lately...the last 3 or 4 drafts, I haven't been as impressed.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Newsome is gone after this yr as GM, Decosta is taking over but Ozzie will still work as an adviser of some sort...
He was good at picking LB's, TE's, OL but he wouldn't know a playmaker wr or qb if they were glued to his nose.....
Harbs had given all he had by the 2012 season, he's way over due and players like Pollard, Reed, Boldin say he did them dirty by the way he let them go and because they questioned his ways and game plans.....The only way he's HC here next season is if he can somehow turn it around and make the playoffs....That means he'll have to win 6 of the next 7 games and they include KC, Bolts,Atlanta and Cincy.....Not looking great for the man with the bulldog neck and shoulders like a woman....:eek:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsome is gone after this yr as GM, Decosta is taking over but Ozzie will still work as an adviser of some sort...
He was good at picking LB's, TE's, OL but he wouldn't know a playmaker wr or qb if they were glued to his nose.....
Harbs had given all he had by the 2012 season, he's way over due and players like Pollard, Reed, Boldin say he did them dirty by the way he let them go and because they questioned his ways and game plans.....The only way he's HC here next season is if he can somehow turn it around and make the playoffs....That means he'll have to win 6 of the next 7 games and they include KC, Bolts,Atlanta and Cincy.....Not looking great for the man with the bulldog neck and shoulders like a woman....:eek:

This is the 16 game (times only Lord know how many seasons) point of view.

From afar...Harbs seems like a solid HC...Troy P is still pissed at PIT for releasing him a yr early...that was AFTER giving him a 2 yr contract extension (that he really didn't warrant).

I'll say this...Idk think Harbaugh really had the goods to make the playoffs the last few seasons...even this one they started better on OFC than I thought they would, but sustaining that level was going to be a challenge. But...regardless...twice a year, PIT always knew BAL was going to be a tough out...no matter the record.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 16 game (times only Lord know how many seasons) point of view.

From afar...Harbs seems like a solid HC...Troy P is still pissed at PIT for releasing him a yr early...that was AFTER giving him a 2 yr contract extension (that he really didn't warrant).

I'll say this...Idk think Harbaugh really had the goods to make the playoffs the last few seasons...even this one they started better on OFC than I thought they would, but sustaining that level was going to be a challenge. But...regardless...twice a year, PIT always knew BAL was going to be a tough out...no matter the record.

I think most Ravens fans look for a split with Pitts each yr and are happy with that, but losing 4 of last 5 to the Browns in overtime, And the Saints at home by 1 that have never beaten us before are 2 that are hard for fans here to take....Granted Brees is the NFL paper poster boy this yr but it's more hype than anything else....The thing is , it's the same old song with Harbs teams, play great, play terrible week to week, year after yr.....Yeah he knows everything about coaching but how to motivate and prepare them consistently, and still a few rules he ain't got yet either ....:heh:
Like Billick, it's just time for a new HC in Baltimore.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most Ravens fans look for a split with Pitts each yr and are happy with that, but losing 4 of last 5 to the Browns in overtime, And the Saints at home by 1 that have never beaten us before are 2 that are hard for fans here to take....Granted Brees is the NFL paper poster boy this yr but it's more hype than anything else....The thing is , it's the same old song with Harbs teams, play great, play terrible week to week, year after yr.....Yeah he knows everything about coaching but how to motivate and prepare them consistently, and still a few rules he ain't got yet either ....:heh:
Like Billick, it's just time for a new HC in Baltimore.....

I hear ya.

I think 9-7, 10-6 was about where the talent might be in BAL this year, but I definitely understand about losing games that you think you should win (CLE).

Perhaps you're right, with a new GM taking over it might be time to start fresh with a new HC, but I have a feeling Harbs wouldn't be unemployed long...I could see him surfacing in JAX or Tampa...both of these gigs could be opening up after this season.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya.

I think 9-7, 10-6 was about where the talent might be in BAL this year, but I definitely understand about losing games that you think you should win (CLE).

Perhaps you're right, with a new GM taking over it might be time to start fresh with a new HC, but I have a feeling Harbs wouldn't be unemployed long...I could see him surfacing in JAX or Tampa...both of these gigs could be opening up after this season.

Well in the words of Mista T.....
mr-t-pity-the-fool.jpg