• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS 2014 DRAFT PICS

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no DB's or WR's going into round 4 really????

I mean archer can play slot, but come on.........kinda boggling

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jackie-chan-wtf-face-meme-i9.jpg

Seriously… The fuck is going on with this draft

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no DB's or WR's going into round 4 really????

I mean archer can play slot, but come on.........kinda boggling

Yea I'm not sure I can understand their logic… The #1 NEED was definitely upgrading their CBs. It's understandable to maybe let it slide 1 or 2 rounds… But not addressing it in the 3rd round is a huge mistake IMO. I'm sure Colbert is going to get REEMED by sports writers for this.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets see what happens at this point im not gonna be happy unless they take at least two DB's and honestly maybe 3 with their remaining 6 picks, because they have to have 1 of them work out.........that kid from the citadel the small town school CB is still out there, id trade up for him in round 4

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thru 3 picks I can't say these would be my picks, but all make sense...scanning the board, to note who was taken ahead of them, the best I can say here is Colbert is not reaching for need @ WR or CB, but they did respond to the run on RBs and Archer is the perfect fit on paper.

He left some notable WR/CBs on the board with the Tuitt pick, who did have a 1st round grade...I have to think they like some other players as good or better. I like the strategy if you're not going to move around the board to seek out needs...Picking 18th in this round, plenty of guys on the board like Walt Aikens, Desir, J. Watkins, Devin Street, even Martavious Bryant is still out there.

I'm not that concerned.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'm not sure I can understand their logic… The #1 NEED was definitely upgrading their CBs. It's understandable to maybe let it slide 1 or 2 rounds… But not addressing it in the 3rd round is a huge mistake IMO. I'm sure Colbert is going to get REEMED by sports writers for this.

CB is a big need, but really in terms of on the field, it's a 2015 need. Archer most likely will make plays this season...Too many good names still on the board (@ CB) for them to get killed just yet...

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible they see Archer as a WR, or at least the way the Chiefs use Dexter McCluster. I've seen him listed as a WR in places, but I can't imagine why anyone would complain about the fastest guy in the draft.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we know how much the Steelers like those mid rounds CB's they can coach up; Breeland, Keith McGill, Dontae Johnson all seem like logical targets. Even Pierre Desir from Lindenwood.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have done so much better.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like element stated they could slot Archer and use him in that role.

I don't understand their draft so far but if they have gone with their BPA each pick if they finally have a successful draft I guess we can't complain.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archer slot and gets what they thought they had in Rainey. Now Bryant I'm ok with this draft it's growing on me alot

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have done so much better.

ShaZier is good cowboys had him penciled in . Tuitt was a steal, archer has value in the slot where he will be used. And Bryant is big boy I like him

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant is that much needed big receiver.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Bryant pick, he's a physical freak. If he can refine his game, he has a chance to develop into a star. As far as the rest of the draft
157 - Antone Exum
173 - David Yankey
192 - Louchez Purifoy or Marcus Roberson
215 - Antonio Richardson
230 - Daniel McCullers

This would be ideal imo. Not sure if those players last until those selections though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally picked a CB!

Shaquille Richardson CB Arizona

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellis is gone..

Steelers selected OT Wesley Johnson, Vanderbuilt... 6'5" 297 lbs

STRENGTHS: Quick out of his stance. Natural bender with athletic, coordinated movement. Light on his feet and can work his hips. Keeps his hands inside and can pop and recoil. Shuffles, slides and mirrors. Gets to the second level with ease and can wheel around the edge as a puller. Durable, versatile 51-game starter -- has experience playing all across the line. Highly respected, passionate, no-nonsense vocal leader.

WEAKNESSES: Average length. Is not built for power. Needs to bulk up and get functionally stronger. Light anchor -- stressed by power rushers. Does not jolt defenders with his hands. Average explosion/pop on contact. Inconsistent connecting with moving targets and fitting on linebackers. Has had difficulty filling out his frame and maintaining weight.

DRAFT PROJECTION : Rounds 4-5

BOTTOM LINE: Experienced, intelligent, competitive, athletic, strength-deficient zone blocker. Has everything you want intangibly and has developmental value, but has to make significant strength gains and perfect his technique to survive against longer, more powerful NFL defensive ends. Has worked out as a center in the spring and might be most natural inside.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th round pick: Jordan Zumwalt, OLB UCLA

STRENGTHS: Very competitive with a fiery, on-field temperament. Explosive hitter. Throws his body around recklessly and times up the blitz well (disruptive presence). Is around the ball a lot. Very good football intelligence -- lines up teammates and makes adjustments. Versatile and has played all linebacker positions and contributed as a fullback in short-yardage situations. Defensive tone-setter -- has a love for the game and it shows. Plays big on big stages -- capped his career with co-MVP effort in the Sun Bowl vs. Virginia Tech, when he knocked Logan Thomas unconscious and returned an interception 43 yards.

WEAKNESSES:
Does not play strong. Mechanical mover. Tight-hipped with average change of direction. Gets outflanked to the corner vs. speed. Average knockback body power -- does not strike with thump to drive back ball carriers. Catches too much. Struggles to disengage from blocks when he is locked up. Limited coverage range. Has small hands and a relatively short wingspan given his height.

DRAFT PROJECTION: Rounds 4-5

BOTTOM LINE:
High-energy overachiever with a special-teams temperament. Stands out most for his competitiveness, effort, versatility and swagger. Brings the feisty type of attitude desired on a Jeff Fisher or Jim Schwartz defense. Will factor immediately on special teams and could work his way into a starting lineup.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally picked a CB!

Shaquille Richardson CB Arizona

STRENGTHS Quick and agile and is aggressive jumping routes when he sees it. Can make spectacular plays look easy -- produced one of the most sensational highlight-reel plays of the season vs. Oregon when he acrobatically tipped the ball back into play to a teammate for an interception on the first play and closed the game with an interception of his own vs. Marcus Mariota to key a surprise upset. Outstanding pro day workout, posting a 4.43-second 40, 38 1/2-inch vertical jump and 6.95-second three-cone drill time, indicating good speed, agility and explosion.

WEAKNESSES Very lean build. Tends to squat on routes. Lacks eye discipline to sort out run-pass reads -- is late to locate the ball and support the run. Benched in 2012 for lapses in coverage and needs to become more consistent recognizing/supporting the run and securing open-field tackles. Marginal physicality. Character will invite close scrutiny -- was arrested on suspicion of felony theft as an incoming freshman and released from UCLA program.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 6-7

BOTTOM LINE A lean, leggy, underdeveloped press corner who has shown big-time flashes but must prove more consistent in coverage, a greater willingness to tackle and more maturity than he demonstrated early in his career to be given an opportunity to compete.