• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELER NATION BANTER THREAD

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5d9dff5cfa0ede9d081935d93e7a87a9.jpg

Excellent!

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Misko, what a boring banter thread. That's just as well. All the 'Niner threads have that antagonistic feel. Let the west coast argue their petty arguments. "Seahwaks!" "'Niners!" Who cares? When their teams inevitably hit the skids, they'll all jump off the bandwagon.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I'm counting on the Steelers to make it to the Super Bowl, then the Seahawks can have their revenge on them. Long over due. Watch out for those pesky Ravens, they look pretty good also. :suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I'm counting on the Steelers to make it to the Super Bowl, then the Seahawks can have their revenge on them. Long over due. Watch out for those pesky Ravens, they look pretty good also. :suds:
I would be ecstatic if they won the division again. It will be tough to get a divisional spot this year, but I think it should be an easy WC bid (hopefullly). It kind of all hinges on the defense, and health of course.

I'm trying to go to the SEA vs. PIT game in CenturyLink this year!!! Hopefully I can land some tickets!

SteelerKing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going on Steelers fans? I'm new to Sports SportsHoopla and thought I'd drop into one of these threads since apparently I'm too green to be allowed to make any threads of my own.

I'm a lifelong fan of our beloved Black and Gold, having three generations of family that were born and raised in and around the Pittsburgh area, and reportedly burst from the womb swinging a Terrible Towel. It was part of an Immaculate Conception.

So how is everybody?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going on Steelers fans? I'm new to Sports SportsHoopla and thought I'd drop into one of these threads since apparently I'm too green to be allowed to make any threads of my own.

I'm a lifelong fan of our beloved Black and Gold, having three generations of family that were born and raised in and around the Pittsburgh area, and reportedly burst from the womb swinging a Terrible Towel. It was part of an Immaculate Conception.

So how is everybody?

Welcome to the Hoop SteelerKing!!!!

How the hell are ya!!!

SteelerKing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Hoop SteelerKing!!!!

How the hell are ya!!!

Doing well, man. How about you? I'd ask you if you're excited to see the Steelers bounce back against the Niners on Sunday, but I think that's a rhetorical question. Here's to hoping our secondary figured out how to extract their heads from their butts in practice this week. :suds:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing well, man. How about you? I'd ask you if you're excited to see the Steelers bounce back against the Niners on Sunday, but I think that's a rhetorical question. Here's to hoping our secondary figured out how to extract their heads from their butts in practice this week. :suds:

Could not agree more!!! This is the time when we should be doing great things.... Hardest schedule in the NFL, Everyone says we are gonna suck... Its time to prove them all wrong!!!

SteelerKing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a fun fact:

The Steelers have twice faced the most difficult regular season schedule's en route to a Super Bowl win, once in 1979 where their opponents' regular season win % was .527, and again in 2008 where their opponents' regular season was .520. We seem to do ok for ourselves when facing off against tough competition. 8)

SteelerKing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should have read:

The Steelers have twice faced the most difficult regular season schedules en route to a Super Bowl win, once in 1979 where their opponents' regular season win % was .527, and again in 2008 where their opponents' regular season win % was .520. We seem to do ok for ourselves when facing off against tough competition. 8)

I didn't gain the ability to edit my posts until just now. Figures. lol

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should have read:

The Steelers have twice faced the most difficult regular season schedules en route to a Super Bowl win, once in 1979 where their opponents' regular season win % was .527, and again in 2008 where their opponents' regular season win % was .520. We seem to do ok for ourselves when facing off against tough competition. 8)

I didn't gain the ability to edit my posts until just now. Figures. lol

This is what I mean we are better against the odds!!!!

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome, King.

Afternoon, Psych.

Yup, you're both right. Our boys play better when the odds are against them. That explains why, for the past couple of seasons at least, they've tended to beat the good opponents, and struggle against the lousy ones.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So how is everybody?
Welcome King! Glad to have another Steeler fan in the mix!

Some things to know at the Steeler forums:

1. Avoid that @Psych-Ward guy... He lives in a trailer next to the local swimming pool with a sign hanging by the door that reads "Free Lotion Rubs for Children". And he's "tight" with the Patriots fanbase here at the hoop.

2. @MISKO loves his foo-foo drinks... Preferably ones with umbrellas & fruit. He has a soft spot for the Seahawks fanbase here at the hoop. So does @Midnightangel but ignore her & her entourage. Misko is one of the original hoopsters. He recruited most of us to this site when other websites were shut down.

3. If you're in the mood to talk strategies & serious football... Look no further than @ATL96Steeler . He knows his shiznit, and he's a realist. In other words, he brings solid wisdom to the offseason hype train enthusiasts. He can coach up that golf backswing too. If you couldn't tell by the name, he's down in Atlanta livin the good life.

4. @SteelersPride is the our fantasy football guru. He's lifts like James Harrison and loves himself some Ian Wild, no homo. Don't talk about it though, its a sore subject. He also has a Mike Vick fathead on his wall lol.

5. @NorthCoastSteelersFan lives deep within enemy territory... Cleveland deep... aka fist deep. But he loves good micro brews and is always a great fan to talk to.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he pretty much nailed me spot on, and i like trader joes island soyaki a bit too much

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing. BUT Mudslides, Mai Tais and Mojitos are better.
i do like hurricanes though .. I almost stole a stretch golf cart at nicalodian resorts on a hurricane drinking night once , but the ole lady even though she was bombed too just had to give me a conscience and wouldnt let me

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing. BUT Mudslides, Mai Tais and Mojitos are better.
Forgot to tell you Ewa but I just got back from Maui... Mai Tais & Blue Hawaiians kicked my ass one night!