• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Eagles Heading Into Bye

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop me if you've heard this one before :

"Jordan Matthews is in Philly for his 3rd stint!"

:L

downundermike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tweet is a great summary of the state of the Eagles heading into the bye

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait when did they release Sendejo?

So let me get this straight you cut the one guy that can tackle with a damn?????

Its time to look in the mirror and fire the guy calling the defense

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I reported this yesterday, that the word was Matthews is their first choice. He's a great guy, but has no deep speed, and that's why we needed DJAX. After he got hurt, the Bears moved their safeties back in towards the line of scrimmage, to stop the run. If you noticed, we weren't able to run very well in the second half.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reported this yesterday, that the word was Matthews is their first choice. He's a great guy, but has no deep speed, and that's why we needed DJAX. After he got hurt, the Bears moved their safeties back in towards the line of scrimmage, to stop the run. If you noticed, we weren't able to run very well in the second half.

That's on Dougie, safeties at the lines means you run with two tight ends, run the ball then you play action and run two of the best young tightend's right down the seams of the field for punishment of those safeties in the box.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So let me get this straight you cut the one guy that can tackle with a damn?????

Wait....you’re serious?

Dude had a few moments. But overall his play was spotty at best. He could lay a hit on someone if he got his angle right (rarely). And his type of play always risked UR calls if he did happen to connect.

That and his best connection this year knocked his out player out for weeks.

This was expected. If they kept Sendejo past this week we would lose out on a fourth rd compensatory pick next year. And he hasn’t been worth that.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I absolutely expect this in the next day. They have another roster spot that they could load another WR into. But, I just can’t see them doing it.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Preserves a 4th round comp pick in 2020.
1st
2nd
3rd
3rd comp
4th
4th comp
4th comp
5th
5th (Bennett trade)
6th (Cyprien trade)

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw thanks fella's on the 4th round pick news, I didn't know there was strings attached when they signed him

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been reported that Brown will be immediately placed on the commissioners exempt list if he signs with a team. That is why no one is signing him.

It would be a formality ... he would be put on there until the NFL does their due diligence with an investigation (a week or two while they sort it out). He has been charged with nothing and there's nothing pending legally. Hypothetically if he were to sign today we would likely have him ready to go in 2 to 3 weeks.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sendejo sucks. His biggest hit this season knocked Maddox out for a month.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sendejo sucks. His biggest hit this season knocked Maddox out for a month.

Okay yeah I get it, alot of you think he sucks, but I don't think he was used the correct way!
I think the Swartz should've dropped him down in the box more, since Jenkins is MIA.
You add the extra body since the LB's have a very hard time getting off the blocks or get caught up in the wash.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preserves a 4th round comp pick in 2020.
1st
2nd
3rd
3rd comp
4th
4th comp
4th comp
5th
5th (Bennett trade)
6th (Cyprien trade)

There's only 32 Comp picks handed out "in all" ... I don't think we are "guaranteed" all those comp picks. There's a formula which I don't think anyone understands :) which sorts out who gets what in the end.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay yeah I get it, alot of you think he sucks, but I don't think he was used the correct way!
I think the Swartz should've dropped him down in the box more, since Jenkins is MIA.
You add the extra body since the LB's have a very hard time getting off the blocks or get caught up in the wash.
He's only good as an in-the-box guy, which is where Jenkins is his most effective. What they need is another guy who can cover.

If they shift Maddox or Douglas in as a more traditional free safety type player, and let Jenkins be the in-the-box safety, I think it makes them better.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only 32 Comp picks handed out "in all" ... I don't think we are "guaranteed" all those comp picks. There's a formula which I don't think anyone understands :) which sorts out who gets what in the end.

Cutting Zendejo means his signing as a FA will not cancel out a FA that we lost.

So, Foles (3rd), Hicks (4th), and Tate (4th) are the comp picks that we will now receive.
Keeping Zendejo would have cancelled out Hicks or Tate.

I do not know if this means a team will now lose one of their late round picks.
The Eagles getting the 4th round comp pick is on multiple sites, so I do not know which team lost their pick and which round it was. Would the lowest 7th round pick be knocked off the list?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Zendejo means his signing as a FA will not cancel out a FA that we lost.

So, Foles (3rd), Hicks (4th), and Tate (4th) are the comp picks that we will now receive.
Keeping Zendejo would have cancelled out Hicks or Tate.

I do not know if this means a team will now lose one of their late round picks.
The Eagles getting the 4th round comp pick is on multiple sites, so I do not know which team lost their pick and which round it was. Would the lowest 7th round pick be knocked off the list?

Yeah, I'm not sure how it all works ... you're probably correct in that the late rounders get cancelled out by the earlier Comps.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sure how it all works ... you're probably correct in that the late rounders get cancelled out by the earlier Comps.

"There is a strict limit of 32 compensatory picks that are awarded every year. If the formula initially awards more than 32 compensatory picks, all picks ranked 33rd and below are not awarded."

So, yes, looks like all comp picks are ranked.
Only the top 32 are given, so I feel pretty safe that the Eagles will get three.
Given that Foles signed for $20M plus and Hicks/Tate signed for $9M plus, a 3rd and two 4ths seems accurate, as well.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only good as an in-the-box guy, which is where Jenkins is his most effective. What they need is another guy who can cover.

If they shift Maddox or Douglas in as a more traditional free safety type player, and let Jenkins be the in-the-box safety, I think it makes them better.

I know there has been talk of the younger two guys moving there, I honestly think they let Jenkins walk this off season and McCloud, and they go to the younger guys

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan will be a huge upgrade over Agholor in the slot. Agholor can run deep routes and try to pull a defender with him. Matthews doesn't replace Desean, but still adds something to throw to.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats fair. I think Sendejao has always been better than that. But he did suck pretty bad with us. Maybe one good half earlier in the season I remember. He wasn't asked to play to his strengths in this defense. Not sure why they ever signed him knowing this.