• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi (2017)

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I brought this up before but I am a strong proponent of Luke being Rey's father. Much like how Anakin was conceived by the force with Shmi as the mother, I believe Rey was born of one of Luke's stray loads that scattered across the sands of Jakku when he was beating his meat in the desert.

Obi Wan must have a bunch of kids then.

The only part that I found really intriguing was the last line at the end where Luke (at least I think it was him) says "It's time for the Jedi to end." I'm curious as to what that is all about. It's possible that he didn't complete the sentence but I doubt it. Sounds like Luke views things differently now than when we last saw him in the originals.

Then again, it could just be an earlier scene from the film where Luke initially refuses to train Rey.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Behind the scenes:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or has it been insanely quiet for this movie? Where are all the trailers and plot leaks? I feel like episode 7 had about 4 trailers at this point in its run up.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a bunch of YouTube vids talking about leaks and such. I have avoided them at all costs, though. I don’t want to know anything about this movie until I am sitting in the theater.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or has it been insanely quiet for this movie? Where are all the trailers and plot leaks? I feel like episode 7 had about 4 trailers at this point in its run up.

The next trailer is supposed to be released during an upcoming Monday Night Football game. Sometime in October I believe. I think they are trying to avoid giving too much. I've heard all kind of rumors about who may or may not appear (aside from the obvious) but nothing confirmed.

I don't want to set my (or anyone else's) expectations too high but I have a feeling we're in for something special with this one. The Force Awakens was okay but it was nothing overly exciting. It was just cool to see another Star Wars movie that wasn't one of the prequels. Now that they made it clear that these aren't going to be flops like the prequels and made it feel like Star Wars by using a lot of familiar beats from Episode 4, they won't feel the need to play it safe this time and give us something really cool and different.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are the leaks you guys mention? I'm curious. Like I said, I haven't seen much. For Force Awakens, roughly 95% of the script had leaked out about 6 to 8 months before the movie came out. They must be doing a better job keeping things in house this go-round

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are the leaks you guys mention? I'm curious. Like I said, I haven't seen much. For Force Awakens, roughly 95% of the script had leaked out about 6 to 8 months before the movie came out. They must be doing a better job keeping things in house this go-round
If you are referencing my comments, I have not opened any of the videos. I just have seen them when I am YouTube surfing.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too think Last Jedi is going to be something special. A while ago Mark Hamil came out with a statement about how he saw Luke going in a different direction after he read the script. John Boyega has said similar things about Finn, and now Domnhal (sp?) Gleeson said when he read his part he needed to talk to Ryan Johnson about it.

I think Johnson is digging deep into these characters and we'll see them do things that aren't obvious tropes. I think Luke will have developed some balance and will accept some dark side into his thinking, and I think General Hux may be rethinking his obedience to Kylo and Snoke. This is war here and these characters have seen some shit. What does that do to a person and where do their alliances lie when shit really hits fans?

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daisy Ridley's physical training for her Jedi role. At the 2:02 mark is a brief look at her light saber training.

Bloody hail, that looks like some MMA type training?! :eek:

It is so intense I think I lost a kilo or two just watching her.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks pretty cool. Didn't really give us too much. Luke looks a bit freaked out by Rey's powers. They seem to be suggesting that Rey (and presumably Kylo) are stronger in the Force than anything he's seen before, which would include himself, Obiwan, Yoda, Vader, and Palpetine? Or maybe I'm interpreting that the wrong way.

Looks like Kylo might be tasked with killing Leia in this one. I hope that he does. It would make her exit from the story much less awkward than an off-screen death. I know there were talks about a potential re-cast or CGI for Episode 9 but maybe that was just to throw us all off. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks pretty cool. Didn't really give us too much. Luke looks a bit freaked out by Rey's powers. They seem to be suggesting that Rey (and presumably Kylo) are stronger in the Force than anything he's seen before, which would include himself, Obiwan, Yoda, Vader, and Palpetine? Or maybe I'm interpreting that the wrong way.

Looks like Kylo might be tasked with killing Leia in this one. I hope that he does. It would make her exit from the story much less awkward than an off-screen death. I know there were talks about a potential re-cast or CGI for Episode 9 but maybe that was just to throw us all off. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
I read the other day something about Mark Hamil saying Episode IX was supposed to be Leia as main character. (With VIII as Luke). But then I read something about Abrams saying they wouldn't do CGI. So I don't know.

If Luke turned Anakin back. He can turn Kylo.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the other day something about Mark Hamil saying Episode IX was supposed to be Leia as main character. (With VIII as Luke). But then I read something about Abrams saying they wouldn't do CGI. So I don't know.

If Luke turned Anakin back. He can turn Kylo.
The name of the movie is “The Last Jedi”. I really don’t think any of the characters are true faces or true heals. Luke is supposed to have an edge to him, and I think Ben has a redeeming quality as well.

But I do hope he kills Leia. A little CGI is fine, but a whole movie’s worth? We all saw what that did to the reformatted original trilogy. No thanks.

I guess we can forget all the rumors of Snoke being a tiny creature, or his image in VII being some sort of holo-trick. We still don’t know who he is, though, and I have a hard time believing he will be an entirely new character.

Was Luke talking about Rey when he said he only felt such power once before? Or was he talking about Snoke? And who was the other one? Vader? Palpatine? Yoda? Ben/Kylo?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The name of the movie is “The Last Jedi”. I really don’t think any of the characters are true faces or true heals. Luke is supposed to have an edge to him, and I think Ben has a redeeming quality as well.

But I do hope he kills Leia. A little CGI is fine, but a whole movie’s worth? We all saw what that did to the reformatted original trilogy. No thanks.

I guess we can forget all the rumors of Snoke being a tiny creature, or his image in VII being some sort of holo-trick. We still don’t know who he is, though, and I have a hard time believing he will be an entirely new character.

Was Luke talking about Rey when he said he only felt such power once before? Or was he talking about Snoke? And who was the other one? Vader? Palpatine? Yoda? Ben/Kylo?
Movie starts with The Last Jedi living on a rock, by himself, right? Has he just been trying to balance everything out with himself and tF for an entire generation? He's all gnarled and surly looking. Last time we saw him he was riding high as could be. It's gonna be wild to see what all
Has went on for him since the Ewok party in the Redwoods.

He has to train Rey, there's really no alternative. Right? So does Luke have to go, so she is tLast Jedi?

Not sure where I am on what I want Kylo to do. Seems like he has to around again in IX. But no idea what route they go with Leia. All CGI wouldn't be great. But they could just avoid much ipclise face shots and only CGI that. Idk. She was all finished before she passed, hard to say what changes they will be able to do.

Could Snoke be Palpatine? We don't really see him die. And his tatted up apprentice got cut in half and made it. And his next one got diced and torched by lava. Those Siths die hard.(Even though Vader went pretty fast the second brush with death.) I'm with you, I think it's a previous character too. And there can only be two. So Luke doesn't get swung without Snoke or Kylo biting the dust. Same for Rey, if that's who Kylo is holding his hand out for. (I think it might be his Mom he's reaching for. She's old but with her, is the Force. He could teach the one who raised him?)

I don't know if Luke was referencing Rey or Kylo. Those were the two that I was thinking. But maybe he meant when he was young? Palpatine/Sideous or his old man maybe? QuiGon taught Yoda, Anakin and ObiWon how to stick around in spirit. Maybe him? Idk. But he never met QuiGon though, so not him. Windu was an ass beater with the saber. But Luke never met him either. He never met Maul, so he's out too. I don't know, it looks pretty sweet though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My belief is that Luke is DEFINITELY the the “Last Jedi”. If he is, he would be completing his fathers destiny by bringing balance to the Force. Balance does not equate to the Light winning out over Dark. Balance equates to the Light and Dark existing in essentially equal amounts. When Anakin was “born”, the Jedi essentially controlled the Force. The Dark had basically been wiped out (the Sith had been destroyed eons before). So when he destroyed the Jedi Order, that brought balance. But he and Sidious still existed, so his offspring was needed to finish the job.

So what about Snoke? Kylo? Rey? Heck, even Leia, Asoka and Maz could cause ripples, but none of then are particularly strong (Leia) or tend to one side (Asoka and Maz are both rather neutral, asuming Asoka is still alive and Maz is, in fact, a user).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who is Snoke? Who are the possibilities?

Anakin - his body was burned in a pyre, but his helmet apparently survived, even though we saw it melt in VI. QuiGon figured out how to keep his consciousness post-death, so why couldn’t Anakin have figured out how to create a body to House his consciousness post-death? And Snokes scarring is somewhat consistent with old-Anakin. All that said, I just don’t see it. Too “easy”.

Obi-Wan - as for his body, all the same arguments used for Anakin apply. I don’t see a motive, though. Although, we REALLY don’t know what Snoke is trying to do yet. He may not even be the bad guy.

Palpatine - like Vader, I think this one is too easy. But the scaring COULD match up. And technically, he did get an off-camera death in VI.

Kanan - listed for completeness only. He was never even an actual Knight (well, not until Yoda basically gave him an honorary title). He was just a padwan who survived Order 66. I will be disappointed if they go this route.

Ezra - now THIS could be interesting. He has always been on the fence about which way he would ultimately go, and the final season of Rebels should finish up at about the time VIII is released, so the setup could be there. I am not a huge fan of the character, though, so I hope it isn’t him.

Luke - Hamil has stated that he was not expecting Luke to go in the direction that the movies are taking him. Does that indicate a full heal turn for Luke? It could explain Ben following Snoke. He never left Luke, he has remained loyal to his master at all times. This could also mean a more sinister meaning to Luke’s declaration that the Jedi must end. And it could explain the scene in the trailer of Rey face-to-face with Snoke. That may still take place on the island planet. Right now, I think this is my favorite theory.

Phantasma - I doubt it, but there have been rumors that she is meant for more. I would be shocked, though. I expect her to be revealed as a pretty major face before the end, regardless of the fight scene we got teased with between her and Fin.

Yoda - no way. Just listing him for completeness.

Maz - I don’t see it. Although, she is the one to set Rey on her journey, and it does appear as if Snoke is ultimately after Rey.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops...

I forgot one of the more major theories...

Plagueis - I have not read any canon books, so I don’t know a LOT about him outside of the fact that he was Palpatine’s old master and that Palpatine believes he killed him. But Plagueis had presumably figured out how to come back to life after death. At least that was Palpatine’s belief.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLvZNfrUQAAtezj.jpg